[1.0] Orassans 🐱

Started by Diana Winters, July 28, 2016, 11:05:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

I plan on changing the look of the Orassans to more match the added storyteller. Do you want this?

Yes; I want a more cat-like look
No; keep the neko look
I don't care

Diana Winters

Quote from: Dagoras on December 20, 2017, 02:08:20 PM
Hmm since the discussion is regarding new assets i have a question,

the Orassan are highly advanced and even got an orbital shield that protects them from bombardement, so why dont they got a personal shield from wich they could fire their weapons ( like a normal personal shield but energy weapons can fire from the inside to the outside ), i mean their advanced exo-armor is n1, but they still burn to death or get wrecked by doom-launchers, so some kind of advanced shield belt would certainly be cool, if it fits lore wise ( since building a big shield-generator is easier than miniaturize them, on the other hand there are already shield belt existing so... ) if people find it overpowered, maybe there could be mod settings so handle the capacity, recharge rate and recharge delay, maybe add an function where you need to manually charge them at a special charge station?

But to add to the melee weapon, i certainly would love some kind of advanced blades like small survival knifes or big combat swords, or since we are speaking of space faring cats, some claw-like weapons ( like the ingame power claw ) or tailblades would certainly be cool aswell.

Building shields is (Orassan lore wise)
1. Harder to do in atmosphere
2. Harder to make them small enough to be personnel sized.
As for the armor...
I have no idea how to make it fireproof when worn. I can ask my collaborators about it.

kubolek01

Quote from: Diana Winters on December 20, 2017, 12:10:07 PM
Quote from: kubolek01 on December 20, 2017, 07:59:48 AM
So how do YOU see it Diana?
I'm not sure how you want me to elaborate. If I'm gonna add something it needs to be consistent with other assets
Try to work together to make it both balanced and well-looking.
Eat lead, walking pile of silver! (greedy Player)
I...I can't do it. Leave it alive, please!(inner soul)
It lives 200 years to end up as a jacket?!(realists mind)
If I would go to vacation in off-Earth, even fictional place, I'd choose Nibel.

asquirrel

"Orassan Bombardment."  The blow the crap hell out of everything from orbit.  Killing 100% of my pawns every time.  Or they'll warp in and kill all my guys.  What the Jesus mother and Joseph?  How do I stop this madness other than kissing their butt?  And why are they angry?  Heck, I got own of their guys on my own team!

Diana Winters

Quote from: asquirrel on December 23, 2017, 08:10:00 PM
"Orassan Bombardment."  The blow the crap hell out of everything from orbit.  Killing 100% of my pawns every time.  Or they'll warp in and kill all my guys.  What the Jesus mother and Joseph?  How do I stop this madness other than kissing their butt?  And why are they angry?  Heck, I got own of their guys on my own team!

Orassans should never start angry at you. And no, you don't need to kiss their ads, you just have to not anger the advanced space empire

Dagoras

Quote from: asquirrel on December 23, 2017, 08:10:00 PM

There is a shield generator that protects you from this devastating weapon, you should get your hands on one of them or research it and build it for yourself, otherwise bribe them with catnip! Should work well ^__^

Arnolidos

I started playing with this mod from the 15th Alpha RimWorld and I really liked orassans! But this mod is too small and rarely updated. I have long wanted to offer assistance in its development, but I decided only now. I'm not a professional creator of mods, but I practiced a lot in their creation and learned to create well-working mods (I did it for myself and did not publish it anywhere). This is the first time I decide to help in the development and I hope that I will be of use for you. Please, I really want to help.
(Forgive me for mistakes in the text and punctuation.) English is not my native language.)

Diana Winters

Quote from: Arnolidos on December 24, 2017, 12:51:15 PM
I started playing with this mod from the 15th Alpha RimWorld and I really liked orassans! But this mod is too small and rarely updated. I have long wanted to offer assistance in its development, but I decided only now. I'm not a professional creator of mods, but I practiced a lot in their creation and learned to create well-working mods (I did it for myself and did not publish it anywhere). This is the first time I decide to help in the development and I hope that I will be of use for you. Please, I really want to help.
(Forgive me for mistakes in the text and punctuation.) English is not my native language.)

How is it "too small"

It touches nearly every aspect of the game

Arnolidos

Excuse me. Just in this mod, there are few things like armor (only one advanced exoskeleton armor), and eight cannons and they are created on a regular workbench, and not on any special workbench.
And he adds only two buildings (excluding bombardment beacon and floor tiles). And then the orassan shield is only needed to protect against bombardment.
This is what I consider "too small".

Diana Winters

Quote from: Arnolidos on December 24, 2017, 01:29:30 PM
Excuse me. Just in this mod, there are few things like armor (only one advanced exoskeleton armor), and eight cannons and they are created on a regular workbench, and not on any special workbench.
And he adds only two buildings (excluding bombardment beacon and floor tiles). And then the orassan shield is only needed to protect against bombardment.
This is what I consider "too small".

Yet you have no experience making a mod.

Whatever, if you want to help, I need a bunch of things drawn. You mentioned armor? Well if you want to help, you can draw a lightly armored exoskeleton. That requires 3 textures per body type (there are 5) and a texture for when it's on the ground.

Arnolidos

Good. I will do what you ask for.

kubolek01

Anyways, ADS patch is outdated. I know it's a minority, but ton of errors on startup is angering.
Eat lead, walking pile of silver! (greedy Player)
I...I can't do it. Leave it alive, please!(inner soul)
It lives 200 years to end up as a jacket?!(realists mind)
If I would go to vacation in off-Earth, even fictional place, I'd choose Nibel.

Diana Winters

Quote from: kubolek01 on December 24, 2017, 03:23:56 PM
Anyways, ADS patch is outdated. I know it's a minority, but ton of errors on startup is angering.

I didn't make the patch, so you should be telling the person who made the patch, not me

MineFoxC

Wonder where you got the name Orassan...
I played some Stellaris...and eventually on Randomized names you get:
Home planet: Orassia {sometimes you can get even Orassan}
Species:Orassian {sometimes you can get even Orassan}
Plural:Orassians {sometimes you can get even Orassans}
and that was around 2 years ago i saw it first...
Extreme Coincidence or did you get an inspiration XD{maybe the name is just famous for something i am not aware of,and Stellaris and you just used it}
"They ask me:
how did you get banned from so many communities?
I answer:i don't even know...i guess they don't like wallhacks/aimbot/lag hacks/god mode/infinite ammo?

Diana Winters

Quote from: MineFoxC on December 24, 2017, 06:46:35 PM
Wonder where you got the name Orassan...
I played some Stellaris...and eventually on Randomized names you get:
Home planet: Orassia {sometimes you can get even Orassan}
Species:Orassian {sometimes you can get even Orassan}
Plural:Orassians {sometimes you can get even Orassans}
and that was around 2 years ago i saw it first...
Extreme Coincidence or did you get an inspiration XD{maybe the name is just famous for something i am not aware of,and Stellaris and you just used it}

I have said on multiple occasions that they are from Stellaris

MineFoxC

Oh,that's what happens when you don't read all of the post because there are too many pages XP
Though I managed to find the source of the name on my own Yay me!
"They ask me:
how did you get banned from so many communities?
I answer:i don't even know...i guess they don't like wallhacks/aimbot/lag hacks/god mode/infinite ammo?