[1.0] Orassans 🐱

Started by Diana Winters, July 28, 2016, 11:05:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

I plan on changing the look of the Orassans to more match the added storyteller. Do you want this?

Yes; I want a more cat-like look
No; keep the neko look
I don't care

Diana Winters

kubolek01

Quote from: Diana Winters on November 05, 2017, 08:26:41 AM
Update 5: Various bugfixes
Bugs... never seen any, so lucky (at least any mod related except for compatibility ;))
Eat lead, walking pile of silver! (greedy Player)
I...I can't do it. Leave it alive, please!(inner soul)
It lives 200 years to end up as a jacket?!(realists mind)
If I would go to vacation in off-Earth, even fictional place, I'd choose Nibel.

top_hat_tomato

I found a bit of a bug. The Orassan shield produces 10,000 watts instead of draining 10,000 watts.

Diana Winters

Quote from: top_hat_tomato on November 13, 2017, 06:04:15 PM
I found a bit of a bug. The Orassan shield produces 10,000 watts instead of draining 10,000 watts.
should be done

kubolek01

Quote from: top_hat_tomato on November 13, 2017, 06:04:15 PM
Haven't noticed it xD but whatever, 10kW here or there...

asquirrel

Getting a FAILED Orassan. Any idea what could cause that? Here's my log file in case you're interested.

https://gist.github.com/37cdf141560df82c3718e33c14ab5171

kubolek01

Quote from: asquirrel on November 25, 2017, 11:46:37 PM
Getting a FAILED Orassan. Any idea what could cause that? Here's my log file in case you're interested.

https://gist.github.com/37cdf141560df82c3718e33c14ab5171
It's harmless. At least as I see in my games.

asquirrel

Good to know.  I'll leave it enabled then.  Reason I was asking is because I'm getting a crazy error where I basically lose the UI when I'm trying to generate pawns for the game.  I looked at the log file and see this error:

"GUI Error: You are pushing more GUIClips than you are popping. Make sure they are balanced)" coming up quite a bit.

Been backing off the mods until I can find a pawn generation screen where this error is not popping up. I was thinking that maybe my video card is not being able to keep up but it's a gtx 480 and I'm running an I-5 at 4.2ghz.

kubolek01

Quote from: asquirrel on November 26, 2017, 12:37:43 PM
Good to know.  I'll leave it enabled then.  Reason I was asking is because I'm getting a crazy error where I basically lose the UI when I'm trying to generate pawns for the game.  I looked at the log file and see this error:

"GUI Error: You are pushing more GUIClips than you are popping. Make sure they are balanced)" coming up quite a bit.

Been backing off the mods until I can find a pawn generation screen where this error is not popping up. I was thinking that maybe my video card is not being able to keep up but it's a gtx 480 and I'm running an I-5 at 4.2ghz.
1st gen Core i3+integrated GPU here. It's not a problem here I think.

Nightinggale

Quote from: asquirrel on November 26, 2017, 12:37:43 PMBeen backing off the mods until I can find a pawn generation screen where this error is not popping up. I was thinking that maybe my video card is not being able to keep up but it's a gtx 480 and I'm running an I-5 at 4.2ghz.
I really don't think your hardware has anything to do with it. If the GPU can't keep up with the game, you will get low framerate, but generally speaking RimWorld doesn't really use the GPU. You can run out of memory for the GPU, but you have 1.5 GB according to the log, which should be enough. Your CPU is good enough as well and if it's too slow, it will only make the game jerky, but still work perfectly fine according to what is written in the log (except if it prints low framerate, I have no idea if it will do that).

The next question is what really failed and I suspect it's something inside the alien race framework, which is triggered by something in Orassan xml files.

That's caused by a different mod. Somebody claimed to know which one and wrote it somewhere, but I can't remember where or which mod. I know it's quite annoying because I have tried it as well.
ModCheck - boost your patch loading times and include patchmods in your main mod.

Dagoras

Hello, the download link on Nexus mod doesnt seem work for Orassans Base Version and EPOE 2 Patch, both archives are empty :/ atleast for me, all other optional files seem to work...

Diana Winters

Quote from: Dagoras on November 26, 2017, 11:17:09 PM
Hello, the download link on Nexus mod doesnt seem work for Orassans Base Version and EPOE 2 Patch, both archives are empty :/ atleast for me, all other optional files seem to work...
I reuploaded them, try again :x

Dagoras

Still had the Problem with WinRar, extracted the archive using 7-zip and it worked for some reason :/. If anyone else got the same problem try a diffrent unzipper and see if it works, worked for me, thanks for the quick response :D

asquirrel

Quote from: Nightinggale on November 26, 2017, 10:52:26 PM
Quote from: asquirrel on November 26, 2017, 12:37:43 PMBeen backing off the mods until I can find a pawn generation screen where this error is not popping up. I was thinking that maybe my video card is not being able to keep up but it's a gtx 480 and I'm running an I-5 at 4.2ghz.
I really don't think your hardware has anything to do with it. If the GPU can't keep up with the game, you will get low framerate, but generally speaking RimWorld doesn't really use the GPU. You can run out of memory for the GPU, but you have 1.5 GB according to the log, which should be enough. Your CPU is good enough as well and if it's too slow, it will only make the game jerky, but still work perfectly fine according to what is written in the log (except if it prints low framerate, I have no idea if it will do that).

The next question is what really failed and I suspect it's something inside the alien race framework, which is triggered by something in Orassan xml files.

That's caused by a different mod. Somebody claimed to know which one and wrote it somewhere, but I can't remember where or which mod. I know it's quite annoying because I have tried it as well.

Thanks Nightingale for your help.  I'm not sure if I nailed it, but I disabled the "friendly fire" mod and on the last pawn generation I did, I didn't lose the HUD.  If it looks solid on my next (no disappearance) I'll let you know.

zmulder

I get the feeling that this is not the way the body is supposed to look

I only have Alien Framework, Prepare Carefully and Orassans loaded. (all from Steam and its the same without prepare carefully)

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]