Accidents?

Started by Moonshard, February 19, 2015, 09:36:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moonshard

Hey,

I'm not sure if this has been suggested before but seeing as this is a colony survival game I thought hey why not try suggest this.

My idea is that the colonists have accidents from time to time, much like the 'flu' or them getting sick. The mechanics are already in the game and can just be converted or modified by this I mean the injury system for when a colonist is shot or injured.

Basically it's a random chance where your 'colonist' will do something stupid or have as does life, an accident.

The impact could be as drastic as loosing an arm or fingers or a leg thus needing replacements, to as simple as a cut or sprain which may or may not be treated and can then get infection. These then taking time to heal as does with everything.

I believe it just adds that little bit of further chance to the enjoyment of the Storyteller, making things abit more 'human' in aspect that no colonist is 'perfect' 100% never once getting a sprain or breaking a leg.

One could i suppose go further an add traits like "Clumsy" where they character has a higher chance possibly or maybe just a longer heal rate when and for such accidents occur.

Any thought from anyone would be nice really but was an idea i had hoped to share.

Thanks~!

Gonumen