Suggestions wanted: Animals!

Started by Tynan, July 03, 2015, 02:50:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ace_livion

Bee hives: collect for honey that everyone loves but spawns aggressive bees if harmed or collector fails his skill

Steel Beatles. thought insects whit a lot of HP that can be converted to steel like steel slags.

Mega-Rex. giant dinosaur that like to eat and be generally hostile when hungry.

electric slug. likes to eat power lines and explodes like an emp grenade when killed. having unprotected power lines fare away from your base are now a little more risky.

goldfish. can be brought from space traders. got its own fishing bowl... cant move... need to be feed 'n stuff...

SuperCaffeineDude

Some sort of VRaptor or TerrorBird for jungle biomes would be cool. Maybe frogs/toads as small game in the tundra biome.

I agree with those suggesting goats, they're hardy livestock suited to harsh conditions, or a locally evolved mountain goat/sheep with some nice horns to replace the deer's niche.

Bees would be wonderful, but they really need to be a feature in themselves (hives, mead, gathering honey).

Might be cool if you regulated certain animals to be souly purchasable through offworld traders. With more mundane Earth livestock like cattle, sheep, and even stuff like monkeys, less accessible to keep the rim-world distinctly "alien".

Justas love

Devilstrand sheep or muffalo, that can be only baught from traders or a special event like the thrumbos.

A Friend

Quote from: Justas love on April 30, 2016, 04:59:39 AM
Devilstrand sheep or muffalo, that can be only baught from traders or a special event like the thrumbos.
"For you, the day Randy graced your colony with a game-ending raid was the most memorable part of your game. But for Cassandra, it was Tuesday"

Squiggly lines you call drawings aka "My Deviantart page"

b0rsuk

Even more devilstrand mufallos ?? These bastards consume growing devilstrand!!

Justas love

Quote from: A Friend on April 30, 2016, 08:46:06 AM

Yep i saw your animal list! That's where i got this idea.

mumblemumble

Quote from: The-MathMog on April 28, 2016, 03:36:44 PM
Quote from: mumblemumble on April 27, 2016, 10:01:29 PM
Kulg, half year necropost...not cool.

This said, some kind of pest animal that can burrow into the ground / walls would be cool. Id love to fight an infestation

Like the actual "infestation" that has already been added? ^^
Though they are quite a bit more than bests, as they are quite dangerous. But digging through walls they do.
yes and no.  I was thinking like turning certain walls into nests, eating up food,  spreading filth,  and generally being a low risk nuisance,  very little risk involved,  but takes a bit of effort to get rid of a large infestation,  while individual rats are not an issue. Would also make cats an asset.
Why to people worry about following their heart? Its lodged in your chest, you won't accidentally leave it behind.

-----

Its bad because reasons, and if you don't know the reasons, you are horrible. You cannot ask what the reasons are or else you doubt it. But the reasons are irrefutable. Logic.

Too-DAMN-Much

Quote from: mumblemumble on April 30, 2016, 04:49:39 PM
Quote from: The-MathMog on April 28, 2016, 03:36:44 PM
Quote from: mumblemumble on April 27, 2016, 10:01:29 PM
Kulg, half year necropost...not cool.

This said, some kind of pest animal that can burrow into the ground / walls would be cool. Id love to fight an infestation

Like the actual "infestation" that has already been added? ^^
Though they are quite a bit more than bests, as they are quite dangerous. But digging through walls they do.
yes and no.  I was thinking like turning certain walls into nests, eating up food,  spreading filth,  and generally being a low risk nuisance,  very little risk involved,  but takes a bit of effort to get rid of a large infestation,  while individual rats are not an issue. Would also make cats an asset.

+1 mice and other non-disastrous vermin would be a cool addition.

Cpt.Fupa

DFDelta

Constant optimism will not solve your problems, but it will annoy enough people to be worth the effort.

buttflexspireling

Well, I was thinking that Rimworld could use some swamp anemones and

abalone cobras (a cross between an abalone and a cobra). I also thought

that that game could use beast: talent scouts, road surveyors, prospectors

and models.

b0rsuk

Carnivores should prefer carrion and loose meat to hunting live prey. Wolves are currently like vampires, they must have FRESH BLOOD every time they eat. Bears will happily hunt colonists when there are corpses nearby.

Hungry bears should try to break into your food storage before attacking humans. To the point of bashing on doors. If a bear is attacked on its way to your fridge, it retaliates.

SuperCaffeineDude

Quote from: b0rsuk on July 23, 2016, 03:46:04 AM
Carnivores should prefer carrion and loose meat to hunting live prey. Wolves are currently like vampires, they must have FRESH BLOOD every time they eat. Bears will happily hunt colonists when there are corpses nearby.

Hungry bears should try to break into your food storage before attacking humans. To the point of bashing on doors. If a bear is attacked on its way to your fridge, it retaliates.

^+1 This^
Perhaps as a separate suggestion, but yeah maybe the animals could have a targeting (smell/hearing/sight) radius, and within that area they target whatever is the easiest pickings.

I'd love an update focused on animal behavior, i.e: pack/herd behavior, drinking/fishing, hunting/scavenging, fleeing, animal dens, etc. A lot could be done to make the environment more responsive.

mumblemumble

Piranhas. Possible spawn on lakes, eating themselves, plant life (just random stuff in water) and wandering stuff in shallow water. Constrained to water tiles only, dying outside of water, and has a very low hit chance since small, and protected by the murky depths. Imagine having a pirahna moat to the base, and tribals walking over, and getting a few shredded on the way over by hungry fish.
Why to people worry about following their heart? Its lodged in your chest, you won't accidentally leave it behind.

-----

Its bad because reasons, and if you don't know the reasons, you are horrible. You cannot ask what the reasons are or else you doubt it. But the reasons are irrefutable. Logic.

rina_m

goats and sheep please for the love of god