New Social Activity - Sport!

Started by Drakortha, December 01, 2017, 06:44:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drakortha

I was trying to think of more ways for our colonists to interact and socialize in a positive way and I think Sports would be the perfect new activity! It could boost the mood of our colonists by being outside, exercising, and building relationships.

Also I believe it would fit the theme of Rimworld perfectly. Playing sports seems like it should be a very integral part of a thriving colony. Since also fitness isn't something we're explored yet in Rimworld. We have the body types, nutrition in food, but we do not yet have exercise in the game.

Sport Ideas:
Soccer,
Dodgeball,
Basketball.

I think these 3 could work great on screen with the ball and our colonists :)

Drakortha

I think maybe it could work in a similar fashion to parties. You set up a "Sport spot" (like the party spot). And on occasion, you will get a notification. For example: "Fred has organized a game of ball outside", or something like that. All colonists who participate get all the same benefits as a party. Relationship increases and mood boosts.

MisterVertigo

Love this idea! Add to your list simply playing catch with a ball. Could be similar to to the horseshoe pin. Just an area where pawns can go and throw a ball around with each other.
"In vertigo you will be..."

"Relax, people. It's a teeny indie game; don't kill it with love." - Bozobub

Third_Of_Five

+1

Maybe these activities could also increase skill? I was thinking about this in relation to horseshoes, and how they increase shooting skill. Regardless, definitely a good idea. My colonists need more outdoor joy sources.

Call me Arty

Kinda feel like it should be a bit more unique than specific sports, or atleast general. Archery was/is a sport just about everywhere that had bows, so it wouldn't seem out of place. Same reason we have Assault Rifles, not M4 Carbines. Nothing crazy, just things like Rimball or Goaldisk maybe.

I'd also love to see a team of masochistic pyromaniac prostophile colonist playing boomrat-ball.
Why are you focusing on having a personal life rather than updating a mod that you're not paid to work on?

If there's a mistake in my post, please message me so I can fix it!

lunaticneko

WELCOME TO RIMOLYMPICS!

Pila Throw
Contestants: As many as you need. One is also possible, if you enjoy it solo.

A prisoner is tied to a post. Take turns throwing pila at them. Whoever decapitates the prisoner wins. The gameplay continues even if the prisoner is otherwise dead. Stop only when the head comes off. If all contestants are tired, stop and call it a draw.

Shoot the Boomrat
Contestants: Once again, as many as you need.

Boomrats equal in number to contestants are marked with colors and released into the wild. After 30 seconds or when it's 25 m away, open fire at your boomrat. The first boomrat to explode is a win for its owner. As a twist, the boomrats can be tied down to prisoners. If the prisoner successfully escapes, he is the true winner.

This is getting fucked up, right?

How about a Japanese game of summer? Split the Watermelon!
Contestants: Just 1, but we need audience.

A large fruit, or once again a prisoner, is placed or tied down. You have a Scyther blade. And blindfold. YES. Blindfold. While blindfolded, take instructions from the audience to successfully hit the target.

Boxing! Can't beat good old boxing!
Contestants: Usually 2, but sometimes it can expand indefinitely.

No weapons. No shirts. Okay, shirts are OK for girls, but no armor. Start the damn punch out already. Have a medic nearby. Those with bionic arms or hands must fight against those with same bionics.

Dedusting
Contestants: At least 2

From an old game more than 3000 years ago, played on Earth. It goes like this: Someone hides a live timed bomb somewhere. The others test the courage by finding it and defusing it. A technical term in this sport is "RUSH B", but we don't really know what it means.

Log Run
Contestants: At least 2, preferably prisoners

Have too much log and it's no fun? Let's make it Log Run! Tie a few people down to logs, and have them start running! Whoever reaches the goal first wins, or survives! Also lets you use prison labor for hauling. Make sure they remain restrained. WHO SAID YOU CAN WALK, PRISONER? THIS IS LOG RUN, YOU HAVE TO RUN! *shoots*

Muffalo Ride
Contestants: You, a rival, and two muffaloes

What is more fun than trying to ride a muffalo? This sport is loved by rimworld tribal kids, especially when it's another tribe's muffaloes they're trying to ride away from their farms and back into their tribes! Wait, that's called theft?

SpaceDorf

I very much like your interpretation of sports.

This could also become a diplomatic activity with guests from other factions visiting or inviting for a match.

Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.