Simple Value Change

Started by TiberianSun371AlexW, September 08, 2018, 02:02:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TiberianSun371AlexW

Hi Everyone,

I wanted to ask... well how do you mod things?

So I was thinking about doing some tinkering. This includes changing stack sizes, changing weight capacity for caravans, which animals need fertilization for eggs, nutrition of kibble, changing meat spoling time (I once used a mod that did that, but the author is not going to make it 19 compatible), and letting toxic fallout animals be edible (but deteriorate when unroofed in the fallout conditions).

Now, most of these should be simple values to change. There is probably a number for every item saying how many times it can be stacked. Likewise, the weight of each pawn (human, muffalo, so on) should be a simple number change. And same with the weight of each item. So instead of making a bunch of mod requests, I should be able to make them myself, except for the fallout one. Fallout used to not affect edibility, so I might need to know the old code for that. But the rest shouldn't be that hard.

Unfortunatly, I have no idea where to start. I don't know programing like Python or anything.

Varisha

Changing values might not be that difficult. Have a look at this guide: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=32785.0
I can imagine it is sufficient to patch/override the specific ThingsDef to use the new values. Which Def you need and where to find it is something you need to figure out on your own.
If you tried something and come up with some non working results we can help you. First steps are always difficult, but you will get used to it.

Regards Vari

TiberianSun371AlexW