Moar spreadsheet

Started by dd0029, March 03, 2014, 11:13:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dd0029

I'd like some reporting tools. Something which shows and breaks down energy and food usage at the least.

I know you can get energy information if you click on various electrical things, but it'd still be handy to have something tell me that x doors are consuming y energy and w lamps are consuming z energy, etc.. For the food information, what I'd like would be w colonists + x prisoners consume y food and production is z.

Both of these would be best case numbers. It's up to me to plan for when those best cases fall apart due to events.

Graphs would be cool too, but that's just pretty. The numbers are good enough.

It'd be handy if it gave an idea of where goods were stored. IE, w items in hoppers, x items on landing pads, y items in storage.

Some furniture pieces for this information would be neat. It could work like the coms console where you need to task a colonist to use it.

Benny the Icepick

Oh, man, I could totally nerd out over this.
I'd recommended something similar for colonists here: ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=174.660, but I think I'd like to append that to suggest a report that show's all colonists' stats:

• Health status
  • Happiness/loyalty
  • Weapons equipped
  • Stats (to see who's best at which skills)
  • Current status/task
There is just so much data in this game that it'd be helpful to be able to analyze it some more.

dd0029

More centralized information about stats would be very handy. I hadn't thought about including weapons, but that would be handy when you want to send someone out to deal with a rampaging muffalo. The guy with the M-16 or the R4 is going to be way more handy than my standard pistol packing guy.

keylocke

yea, 'coz it's kinda menial having to click on every colonist just to see individual stats, and it also makes it easier to know the efficiency of their production or knowing the rate of their consumption. the data is already in-game, so we just need an interface available for convenient access.

+1 to this thread.

colonistPally

There's another game in alpha I'm playing right now with the same problem. I'm glad you guys actually see the value in it without me having to try to argue about it.

Crap since everyone's in agreement I completely forgot what I was going to say.

Oh yeah. When you lose it needs to scroll up like Left 4 Dead movie credits. :-)

Quote from: dd0029 on March 03, 2014, 06:23:19 PM
More centralized information about stats would be very handy. I hadn't thought about including weapons, but that would be handy when you want to send someone out to deal with a rampaging muffalo. The guy with the M-16 or the R4 is going to be way more handy than my standard pistol packing guy.

Heh yeah I have my repair guy with a pulse rifle and he's the one that takes care of the rampaging animals. It works great on boomrats and he's just turned into one of my two pulse rifle snipers for invasions. I assume he's getting really good at using it. Some stats to drill into would be nice. It fires in bursts, if he got really accurate it would be unmatachable in close quarters.