Impressive Mod Community

Started by Klitri, September 28, 2017, 07:54:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Klitri

I just have to say it's super impressive that the mod community filled in the holes in Tynan's development plan by making mods to do things that Tynan said would never be in the vanilla version of the game... https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=12024.0 --

On that list of "NO"s I have seen Alpha 17 mods that achieve the purposes. Multiplayer, Alien races, landable ships, bionic and organ extraction after death + expanded, containers for stacks, fog of war, guards + patrols... All achieved with mods. I think making them that way (Having to download a mod to use them) was a good idea because the vanilla game captures Tynan's vision which is awesome, and the mods can be used to maximize the fun-percentile of the game to 1000!

A year ago or so I seen that list and I agreed and said "Yeah, stick it, whiners" but now thru the power of the code-xsphere, we no longer need that list.... Cool shit : )

QuickEDIT: Oh I just stumbled on more stuff the modding community achieved that was on that list may as well say it for dramatic effect.

- Children breeding and procreation - Exists
- Basic needs like toilets showers - Exists
-Robotics like Roomba - Exists
- Slaves Prisoner workforce - I'm pretty sure it exists ?
-Water as a resource with fishing - Confident that it exists
-Backpacks with extra weapon slots - I seen a sidearm mod last night not sure about backpacks
-Nonlethal weaponry - Exists! That mod that adds rubber bullets
-Rideable animals of all sorts - I seen a mount mod before, right?
-Prisoner Ransom - Well I think vanilla added it already ..

Pretty neat, I have to wonder if the modders seen this list and took a challenge.

Nameless

Because many of us love this game.

Ra_silk

I really enjoy the prison labor mod, it was fun to have 3 colonists for two years but an army of 20+ prisoners doing everything from mining to growing cooking and hauling, cleaning and stone-cutting and beer bottling and smokeleaf joint making. great when combined with the quarry mod and pretty much anything actually.

sorry i really like it.

but i do think the modding community is amazing for this game and makes it so much better in all the right ways.