The game is reaching 1.0 and I still have short circuits/zzzt disabled

Started by Ser Kitteh, July 09, 2018, 08:59:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you like the short circuit/zzzt event?

Yes, I like things going boom from time to time.
24 (30%)
No, it's an annoyance and adds little to the experience.
35 (43.8%)
I don't have any strong opinions on the event.
21 (26.3%)

Total Members Voted: 80

giltirn

I find 'zzzt' to be a boring event. Not much you can realistically do to prevent it, not much impact when it happens apart from the irritation of having some of your stuff randomly destroyed. It's basically just like tornadoes in A17; a random and frustrating punishment by the storyteller.

ZaPhobos

There's been few times in which I actually found the short circuit event to be annoying, let alone dangerous.  The times it did, I really screwed me over.  Had a grow room of drug plants go up in flames, my hydroponics all died in the middle of a summer, and the fire took everything down.  But other than that, it's just another thing that happens that I have to deal with.

Broken Reality

Quote from: Syrchalis on July 18, 2018, 05:32:49 PM
Quote from: Broken Reality on July 18, 2018, 05:18:42 PM
Mostly it is an event I forget is happening.
Exactly... that's why I wish it was more extreme.

That's fine if you are playing crash landed, you can easily build a greenhouse. But if it hits a tribe and lowers the temp more than it does now then that's just game over if you don't have electricity researched yet or you have to leave the map and start over (toxic fallout you can move away from the tile for a bit till it passes you can't do that for volcanic winter as it lasts far longer).

It shouldn't be a game ending event just based on your starting tech level.

Adsixnine