[1.2] Sparkling Worlds - Glittertech on the Rim

Started by Albion, August 29, 2017, 10:09:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Albion

I had issues in the past with creating a upper limit for the hive spawning but I'll take another crack at it then.
Having 60+ hives on a map will obviously slow down the game quite a bit and will become an unstoppable amount of insects (unless you have antigrain warheads).

Canute

I just did a testing about the insect hive attacks.
Created a small room, with a door.  6 pawn, 3 mellee with Painstick, 3 range (2 gaussrifle,frag grenade).
Spawned a 5000 pt insecthive event, 25 ship chunks droped.

Good think are, the insect are still so stupid like before.
They all try to path through the forced open and don't try to mine the walls.
The mellee defend well the entrance, the grenade throw them outside into the crowd.
The walls next to the doors get destroyed by some miss thrown grenades.
But basicly i think it is doable.

[attachment deleted due to age]

rawrfisher

Quote from: Albion on September 01, 2018, 06:22:57 AM
I had issues in the past with creating a upper limit for the hive spawning but I'll take another crack at it then.
Having 60+ hives on a map will obviously slow down the game quite a bit and will become an unstoppable amount of insects (unless you have antigrain warheads).

Not entirely unstoppable.  Few morter bombardments on the hives while sentry turrets keep the bugs busy can widdle the numbers easily enough.  Worse case tho call in the glittertech commandos or orassan swarms

Should add to that how easy it is to lure them on seige groups or mech swarms

Fresh ship chunk event for ya to look at albion lol

Professional jerk
Want something broken let me know

Albion

Well they are not undefeatable but definitely a challenge I guess. 25+ chunks is quite a lot though. I don't want to know the wealth of your colony rawrfisher but apparently you got a 7800 points event to get that many chunks.

Luring them into sieges and mech raids feels a bit gamy but I think those are valid tactics. If you are not careful or well prepared the insects can still easily overrun your colony.

I might add a modifier though so the chunks are more spread out if there are more of them. They are to much clustered together and easy prey for mortars right now.

Canute

QuoteI might add a modifier though so the chunks are more spread out if there are more of them. They are to much clustered together and easy prey for mortars right now.
Does they are linked together ?
I mean when i got some SE part and some at NE of the map, does they all come when i aggro one of them ?
Without to start and check it self, i think they do.
If that is true, maybe seperated clusters. For each 2500 points an extra cluster drop.

rawrfisher

Quote from: Albion on September 02, 2018, 07:29:40 AM
Well they are not undefeatable but definitely a challenge I guess. 25+ chunks is quite a lot though. I don't want to know the wealth of your colony rawrfisher but apparently you got a 7800 points event to get that many chunks.

Luring them into sieges and mech raids feels a bit gamy but I think those are valid tactics. If you are not careful or well prepared the insects can still easily overrun your colony.

I might add a modifier though so the chunks are more spread out if there are more of them. They are to much clustered together and easy prey for mortars right now.

Those insects are still nothing compaired to some of the mechanoid raids I deal with -_-
Also had 1 colony with 33m wealth due to a bug and those are the ones you dont wanna see
Professional jerk

rawrfisher

https://git.io/fAzlg
Albion
Apparently your mod is angry with me today lol
Oh right the output log got truanced
Professional jerk

Albion

If I would make money with this mod I would hire you as a professional tester  ;D
However I don't think this is exactly related to my mod. I think some other mod is apparently trying to add some addiction or HeDiff that is not supposed to be added.
I'm guessing the error appears if you try to generate a new world?
Can you reduce the modlist until the error doesn't happen anymore and so try to home in on the mod or mods that are causing the problem?
My guess it is either a mod that somehow affects health and/or addiction or is adding some kind of drug that doesn't work properly.

Just as an example: About a week ago I got a bug reported that caused Blue Moon soldiers not to be generated because of an error with spawning them with combat drugs. Turns out another mod messed it up but my soldiers had a very high chance of spawning with said drugs and therefore always caused the issue even though my mod was technically not responsible for the problem.

rawrfisher

Quote from: Albion on September 07, 2018, 04:45:28 AM
If I would make money with this mod I would hire you as a professional tester  ;D
However I don't think this is exactly related to my mod. I think some other mod is apparently trying to add some addiction or HeDiff that is not supposed to be added.
I'm guessing the error appears if you try to generate a new world?
Can you reduce the modlist until the error doesn't happen anymore and so try to home in on the mod or mods that are causing the problem?
My guess it is either a mod that somehow affects health and/or addiction or is adding some kind of drug that doesn't work properly.

Just as an example: About a week ago I got a bug reported that caused Blue Moon soldiers not to be generated because of an error with spawning them with combat drugs. Turns out another mod messed it up but my soldiers had a very high chance of spawning with said drugs and therefore always caused the issue even though my mod was technically not responsible for the problem.

Lol I would but already testing several other mods as well and if it was the error I think it is it just disabled the addiction related to the relevent drug.   Whatever it is is likly low on my list since its a recent thing.  As for when It occures its always when spawning pawns from outside the faction.  The mod I suspect is VG since it does have its own set of hedeffs but rimworld of magic will likly be the culprit if anything
I did kinda just wanna heckle ya a bit tho  Speaking of errors I encountered something that definetly has the feel of an error but might just be an engine limitation. 
Professional jerk

rawrfisher

I finally got the error to go away and its something to do with your mod.
Dont recall if I mentioned it but

Error in WorldGenStep: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at Verse.HediffMaker.MakeHediff (Verse.HediffDef,Verse.Pawn,Verse.BodyPartRecord) <0x00064>
at RimWorld.PawnAddictionHediffsGenerator.GenerateAddictionsAndTolerancesFor (Verse.Pawn) <0x00344>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.PawnGenerator.GenerateInitialHediffs_Patch1 (Verse.Pawn,Verse.PawnGenerationRequest) <0x00069>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.PawnGenerator.TryGenerateNewPawnInternal_Patch1 (Verse.PawnGenerationRequest&,string&,bool,bool) <0x00803>
at Verse.PawnGenerator.GenerateNewPawnInternal (Verse.PawnGenerationRequest&) <0x003b0>
at Verse.PawnGenerator.GenerateOrRedressPawnInternal (Verse.PawnGenerationRequest) <0x007c1>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.PawnGenerator.GeneratePawn_Patch2 (Verse.PawnGenerationRequest) <0x000ca>

Verse.Log:Error(String, Boolean)
RimWorld.Planet.WorldGenerator:GenerateWorld(Single, String, OverallRainfall, OverallTemperature)
Verse.Root_Play:SetupForQuickTestPlay_Patch0()
Verse.Root_Play:<Start>m__1()
Verse.LongEventHandler:RunEventFromAnotherThread(Action)
Verse.LongEventHandler:<UpdateCurrentAsynchronousEvent>m__1()

Shows up with a botched world gen and the only faction not limited to 1 base if any is blue moon corp

Theres gotta be somthing in my modlist thats conflicting and causing this....   I know darn well that its not this mod exclusively.  This situation reeks of symptom of a larger problem. 
Professional jerk

Albion

This error is probably due to another mod fucking around with HeDiffs. Specifically implants and/or bionics.
Blue Moon is actually quite susceptible to throwing errors like that because various of its pawns have a very high chance of spawning with advanced and expensive HeDiffs/Implants/Bionics.
A similar issue was reported about 2 weeks ago which was related to drugs with again Blue Moon has a very high chance to spawn with.

Basically: Blue Moon Corporation is kind of the canary for properly patching pawn functionalities 8)
Therfore I believe this is due to a mod conflict, specifically due to another mod doing something wrong and my mod triggering it.

rawrfisher

That error oddly enough affects world gen as well  The one below is a new one I just got.  I think its cause they tried to land on a base in a mountain  Just noticed that a cave in got caused in my base in the garden wing.

Exception ticking ShipChunkIncoming288014: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at Verse.GenGrid.InBounds (IntVec3 c, Verse.Map map) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.Skyfaller+<HitRoof>c__AnonStorey0.<>m__2 (IntVec3 c) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Linq.Enumerable+<CreateWhereIterator>c__Iterator1D`1[Verse.IntVec3].MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.RoofCollapserImmediate.DropRoofInCells (IEnumerable`1 cells, Verse.Map map, System.Collections.Generic.List`1 outCrushedThings) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.Skyfaller.HitRoof () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.Skyfaller.Tick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.TickList.Tick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.Log:Error(String, Boolean)
Verse.TickList:Tick()
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

Sorry for the report spam just one of those days.  I would place a bet that all these are just symptoms of a different bug that I have yet to find

Back to the ship chunk drop event lol  Had an instance of it cause a massive cavein killing half my colony with rocks.  No chunks spawned tho so just gotta dig the area out.

Somthing a tad odd now is that in my game the blue moon corp cheif is dieing every few days

Nother lil update about that map gen bug assuming I was mentioning it here.   I am starting to suspect its some form of load order issue <,<
Probly on par with the one I ran into involving the universal fermenter and droid hibernation platforms.  Those kinds of bugs are my biggest nightmare.
Professional jerk

Albion

Well... first: World gen technically already generates pawns. Specifically the faction leaders. Blue Moon factions leaders have a chance of 100% to spawn with an advanced HeDiff so it's no wonder you get an error there if something is broken somewhere.
Faction leaders dropping like flies is a weird one. Probably again due to another mod though.

The infested ship chunks are interesting... How many chunks were actually coming in? Would you say a few or rather a lot (30+)?
Unfortunately it is not possible to be right now to differenciate between normal roofs and overhead mountain. Therefore the ship chunks will just punch through whatever is in their way which might lead to a cave-in. My guess is that 2 chunks were close together and the roofCollapser was trying to destroy something that was either already destroyed or not there in the first place.
I'll have to investigate if I'm able to add some kind of validator to make sure the chunks don't drop on overhead mountain. At least this error is not game breaking, just annoying.

rawrfisher

Given the number of collapsed rocks I would guess around 8 chunks.  As for the collapse I think its tied to how mortars work since morters do the same thing >.>

Also I did notice that whatever bug is causing these problems the combinaiton of faction control and sparkling worlds compleatly destroys faction generation on the world map.

The chance of the bug occurring is like 5% with just 1 while with both its like 95%  I know I dont make sense and thats mostly cause this bug dont make sense to me lol

I see something weird :P

Professional jerk

Albion

@rawrfisher: No offense to Kiame but Faction control still seems somewhat broken to me. I think it is responsible for quite a few faction related bugs.

I also want to note that I just uploaded the Mech Serum Crafting Addon. It includes the mech serum crafting and the new lazarus injectors from the Full mod. Remember that my Addon work as a standalone too but are technically designed to be combined with the Core mod.

I also want to share this gem which ChickenPlucker created for me: