Why is spaceship debris green when the main-menu ship is white and orange?

Started by Call me Arty, September 29, 2017, 03:56:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Call me Arty

Why are you focusing on having a personal life rather than updating a mod that you're not paid to work on?

If there's a mistake in my post, please message me so I can fix it!

b0rsuk

Dargaron

Maybe the underside was painted green? We only see the top part of the ship on the main menu: maybe the ship chunks are from the underside and are landing upside-down?

Dashthechinchilla

Who said that the ship chunks, cargo pods, or escape pods came from the same ship? Trade ships pass by all the time.

Tynan

It's not the same ship.

That green material is characteristic of archotechnology (machine superintelligence), not human construction.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Call me Arty

Huh. Got bossman to not only answer my question but add to a theory I have about the Rimworld actually being a transcendent world. Who'da guess?
Why are you focusing on having a personal life rather than updating a mod that you're not paid to work on?

Azakan

Quote from: Call me Arty on September 30, 2017, 01:08:08 AM
Huh. Got bossman to not only answer my question but add to a theory I have about the Rimworld actually being a transcendent world. Who'da guess?

So why not thank him instead of gawking over your own excellence?

SpaceDorf

Quote from: Azakan on October 02, 2017, 02:21:23 AM

Holy Revelations have that effect on people.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Bolgfred

You guys are all wrong. Totally wrong.

It is just obvious that these green debris parts are the actual reason why the ship in load screen actually crashed.

All day, green debris parts fall from the sky, hitting anything on their way, and whenever there is something in between them and their destination, they just rush into and onto and through these things.

The brown ship also was hit by such a depris part, and still circles around the planet, cut in two parts. So it's probably one of thousands of brown ships, that got hit by green space chunks and drop some of its load, while continuing to float around.

How could anybody else explain why there are frequently falling people and stuff from the sky?
Everbody gets hit by green space debris, their ship gets cut in half, cargo or passengers drop into the atmosphere and join your colony.

It also explains why mechanoids attack. They got struck by debris, and now they're pissed.
"The earth has only been lent to us,
but no one has said anything about returning."
-J.R. Van Devil

Call me Arty

Quote from: Azakan on October 02, 2017, 02:21:23 AM
Quote from: Call me Arty on September 30, 2017, 01:08:08 AM

Don't see what's so excellent about it. Came up with a neat theory at school about a game I play too much, and the guy who makes the game answered a throwaway question. Didn't really expect that.

If Tynan does happen to make his way back to this thread after he's done finding more ways to make my successful society suffer at the cruel hands of an unfeeling, uncaring universe, then Thank-You, sir, for answering my question. I was unexpected and It really, truly appreciate that you would go out of your way to make sure that your community is heard, and your world is more than just "because videogame."

gipothegip

Tynan's answer aside, I would say either one or the other isn't your ship, or neither are. It is just an artistic representation of one ship crash landing, not strictly the player's ship.

I always assumed the benign ship parts were of the one you came in on. I guess not.

Personally I imagine my ship having an edgy over the top paint job  :P
Should I feel bad that nearly half my posts are in the off topic section?