[1.0] [PROJECT] Hardcore SK project v7: Sunrise

Started by skyarkhangel, May 10, 2015, 11:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How you relate for the full removing automatic turrets?

Positive. It's realistic. Fight with killboxes continues.
Negative. Make a button to kill all enemies in one click.

Slipshodian

Quote from: DDRMANIAC007 on September 07, 2016, 04:04:52 AM
Extract seeds? How do I do that?

Composter, Biochemistry 1 technology, though not all plants allow this yet, so stuff like agave are impossible to extract from for now. Also, keep in mind you can search a lot of stuff up on the Help tab at the bottom of the game window. Many times it'll list everything something requires, what it leads to, what it needs, etc.

Good to skim through before you try to do something, since you might need some really high end tech to get something simple or basic sounding (like making a gun, but needing plastic....which needs an oil refinery, which needs an oil drill for crude, which needs mining 2 tech,and so on).

Owlchemist

Don't make jerky unless you need to. The food to nutrition ratio isn't as good as ordinary roasted meat. If the weather chills by fall and winter, you can just forget about jerky until the warm seasons return.

Aside from that, avoid over-recruitment until you have a more reliable food production setup going.

blub01

potatos work, as long as you have, like, 300 seeds or so. even then, it's difficult. I find it somewhat annoying that no scenarios start you off with seeds, anyway. like, yeah, let's make a survival kit with food and medicine, but don't pack seeds to survive a bit longer? seems stupid to me. also, limitations on some of the crops available just like in vanilla are a bit dumb in my opinion. like, with most plants you just need a goddamn manual, really, that fits on a single page. rice isn't that hard to grow, for example, yet you need research for it, making it impossible to start with something that actually grows quickly.
Quote from: Zobaken on September 02, 2015, 12:37:37 AM
1. Please make people unable to move through deep waters. I don't like raiders cosplaying Jesus.

Tindahbawx

I assume there's no particularly easy way of not using Combat Realism with this modpack? I did try just de-selecting that mod itself, but this just causes Rimworld to hang with a black screen on startup, so I assume there's parts of CR written into the bundled CoreSK mod?

Lovely modpack apart from that, its just personal preference that I'm too damn lazy to have to deal with fiddling about with checking colonists ammunition loads!  :D

twisted067

Is it possible to heat rooms inside mountains? I cannot get the temperature above 0C.

Robloxsina66

adecoy95

whenever i attempt to place an advanced mine extractor it immediatly becomes destroyed, its on top of a deposit of rare materials....

it says the support was removed

sidfu

if u get a stuck event just go to debug and end it.

for food at start what i do to avoid  ton of spoilage is this.

1. produce enoough roasted meat ffor 2-3 days for each colonist.
2. once i get enoough roasted meat i produce enough jerky to last for 15+ days ( 15 for 1 colonist 30 for 2 and so)
    reason to keep that much jerky is just in case something happens(toxiic fallout, all animals die,)
3. till u get a manager desk up u have to micro manage your hunter/cook.
    usualy when i get the desk i put 100 meat setting till fall then switch it to 200 then when temps drop i bump it
    up.
permiscain or whatevedr its called is better than jerky but tales way to long to make compared to it.

adecoy95

Quote from: adecoy95 on September 07, 2016, 06:20:15 PM
whenever i attempt to place an advanced mine extractor it immediatly becomes destroyed, its on top of a deposit of rare materials....

ok i found the problem, i followed the advice in this thread to install the skullywags extended storage to fix the pallets not working after reload (and deleting materials) and this for some reason caused the advanced mine to become destroyed upon construction, pretty wierd, is there any way i can keep the pallet fix while also gaining the ability to build advanced mines?

Owlchemist

Quote from: adecoy95 on September 07, 2016, 07:52:10 PM

ok i found the problem, i followed the advice in this thread to install the skullywags extended storage to fix the pallets not working after reload (and deleting materials) and this for some reason caused the advanced mine to become destroyed upon construction, pretty wierd, is there any way i can keep the pallet fix while also gaining the ability to build advanced mines?

I just did some testing. The problem is you need to place it right, but it lets you place it in an invalid spot which will cause it to pop. It kinda needs to be like on the top right corner of the mineral spot for it to stay put.

twisted067

BTW: some of your floor textures in this modpack are a really lowres version. I thought I was going crazy because dark concrete and all the wood flooring looked a bit too large and very blurry. Replaced the textures with the original author and it turned them back to normal. May want to look at that, drives me nuts looking at large blurry textures in game lol

Edit: I'm unable to fix the Clutter floors, those are the only ones to remain blurry even after replacing them. Any ideas?

Edit2: Figured out the dark concrete, they just changed the naming convention and kept two of each file...Some textures I can't find though but I'm happy for now.

adecoy95

Quote from: Owlchemist on September 07, 2016, 09:58:32 PM
Quote from: adecoy95 on September 07, 2016, 07:52:10 PM

I just did some testing. The problem is you need to place it right, but it lets you place it in an invalid spot which will cause it to pop. It kinda needs to be like on the top right corner of the mineral spot for it to stay put.

ooh is thats whats going on? thats...really weird! ill test it now and confirm

can confirm, your positioning of it worked like a charm! thanks for the help!

skyarkhangel

Hello all. We are waiting for CCL update first to A15 then starting update to A15. Currently we are working with A14. Latest works see on github! Updates come out every day.

Gregton

So what about thoses modded surgeries not showing up in the health tab bills?

Slipshodian

Quote from: Gregton on September 08, 2016, 04:40:55 AM
So what about thoses modded surgeries not showing up in the health tab bills?

Check your tech requirements, If it isn't showing up after that, then it's probably a bug and needs reporting. Make sure first you have the right techs FIRST though (Hospital 3 for arms/legs, but just Hospital 2 for replacing a jaw, and Hospital 4 if you wanna get rid of those pesky cataracts, but Medicine 1/2/3 if you are using surrogate organs and simple prosthetics).