Areas, predators and more

Started by ewelupp, March 30, 2018, 02:55:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ewelupp

So hunting is kinda a hassle, especially in large colonies because sometimes you can forget all about your food intake when you don't have as many crops, my suggestion is a hunting zone, an area that can be layed down that you can choose to automatically hunt any animal that cokes in that zone, and like most zones you can choose what you automatically hunt so you don't accidently hunt a bear or something that will attack back, or even set up snares or pitfalls for animals so you don't have to constantly hunt you can also trap. Secondly deterioration rates are much too quick, shirts, pants and other clothes last about a year and I feel like that's too fast, and especially with armors, metal helmets seem to deteriorate as fast and that's just not accurate. I suggest dialing it back by just a smidge, that way we don't have to replace them every year. Speaking of there should also be a fix clothes function for the tailoring bench, likewise with guns and armor that way they don't just break every time. Two more and I'm done, you don't have to like all of then but they are what I came up with... So far. Okay so we also need ownership, I don't know about you guys but I can't tell you how many times I had accidently destroyed or sold something that was supposed to belong to someone and it would make it easier if items could have ownership, like guns, armor, clothes and animals. It would make it easier because before you sell of break an item a screen could appear and say "are you sure it belongs to ___". It would also put things like dressers and possibly closets to use being able to out multiple items, guns, clothes, armor or art into them and have them owned which would also make attitudes like petty and greedy useful because colonists could steal or break things of others and start social fights that way. Last one I promise, so the boomalope and boomrat need a natural predator, maybe not one that's bigger and scarier, but something that could also have been genetically altered to hunt them, something that would naturally destabelize the nuetramine and make them not explode when killed. This basically stems for the fact that boomalopes and boomrats are a constant threat to keeping my colony intact, they seem to migrate to close and can only be hinted if you are sure you can out out the fires which is so goddam annoying, sorry for the cursing. I'm really tired of having to ignore them and feel like maybe there could be two breeds of these things, one which can be bought by pirates on ships only, where they could engineer them and two found naturally as they tend to be left on planets and have naturally adapted and mutated, the venom of these ones should also be poisonous to all animals, and if a colonist should eat meat from one their kills they can wind up getting poisoned. I know for some of these it would be very difficult to accomplish and I don't expect them to all land, the ones I care the most about are hunting zones, ownership and deterioration. So yeah. Thanks
LOUD OBNOXIOUS NOISE

Slimy_Slider

It's not quite what you suggested, but I'm pretty sure that the colony manager mod has a system which lets you automatically designate animals to hunt. Might be worth a look.

Ramsis

Hey guys so I split the negative posts out of the thread to a separate location just for ease and cataloging. Please continue with your topic and welcome to the forums by the way ewelupp, we don't normally have that kind of behaviour here.
Ugh... I have SO MANY MESSES TO CLEAN UP. Oh also I slap people around who work on mods <3

"Back off man, I'm a scientist."
- Egon Stetmann

Awoo~

Calahan

Quote from: Ramsis on April 09, 2018, 05:04:25 AM
...and welcome to the forums by the way ewelupp
I think ewelupp has been around for a while (just shy I guess :) )

User: ewelupp. Date Registered: December 07, 2015, 00:10:39