Bountys

Started by Ace_livion, April 28, 2016, 02:15:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ace_livion

I like to see a bounty feature in the game, something simple to start whit.

here I'm thinking that colonists can gain bounty by attacking travelers and visitors/traders
and i chance that caretakers simply start whit a bounty.

the bounty then add a feature allowing bounty hunter raids, giving players a harder time surviving if they have a lot of caretakers whit huge bounty on them in the colony.

likewise you can end up capturing raiders and similar whit bounty's on them.
making them worth more/less when selling them.

and the possibility to be able to use the comm controls to
"pay off bounty"  and
Claim bounty of a prisoner/arrested colonist   (selling them without mood penalty)

this can give room for traits like
righteous -does not lose happiness when huge bounty get executed/sold, dislikes when colony releases a person whit a bounty - gain happiness when a bounty is claimed
"criminal obsession" - gains happiness from having a huge bounty.

firescythe

Aatxe360

So lose a lot of rep with a faction because they have someone with a bounty in the caravan?  Not much of a pay-off unless you're pretty self-sufficient already and then the bounty is pocket change at that point if it's only silver.  Seems something tacked-on just to make all the factions hate you.

Probably find some way to make the risk-v-reward worth actually thinking about.

What about if one of your colonists is the target of a bounty?  Do you plan to have caravans decide the bounty is worth it and turn on the group when they least expect it?  Does the settlement turn on that one individual and sell them off?  If so, what was the point of having them join?

However, arresting/turning in a colonist without a mood penalty is just idiotic.  Turn on one colonist and the paranoia sets in.  Who would be next?

Ace_livion

Quote from: Aatxe360 on April 28, 2016, 07:38:42 AM
So lose a lot of rep with a faction because they have someone with a bounty in the caravan?  Not much of a pay-off unless you're pretty self-sufficient already and then the bounty is pocket change at that point if it's only silver.  Seems something tacked-on just to make all the factions hate you.

Probably find some way to make the risk-v-reward worth actually thinking about.
well surely there will be caravan guys whit bounty's on them and it might not be worth the pay off to start attacking caravans, rarely is.
the idea was more that you might gain a bounty if you decide to shoot the caravan.
but also a fair chance that some of the raiders happen to already have a bounty on them making them worth more since you can now sell them if you where not planing to recruit your captured pirate faction members.

What about if one of your colonists is the target of a bounty?  Do you plan to have caravans decide the bounty is worth it and turn on the group when they least expect it?  Does the settlement turn on that one individual and sell them off?  If so, what was the point of having them join?
well its a interesting idea to suddenly have a caravan turn hostile. i like it.
but i was not thinking that colonist just turn on each other to claim a bounty, that sound counter productive.
more in the way that you chose that a colonist happen to have gained a to huge bounty that he might be a risk or out of shear desperation order your colonists to arrest him and the collect his bounty.
so having a colonist whit a bounty are only a risk for the colony for attracting more bounty hunter raids. since you are the one to control whenever or not the colony turn on the person.

However, arresting/turning in a colonist without a mood penalty is just idiotic.  Turn on one colonist and the paranoia sets in.  Who would be next?
surely this will give a moot penalty, like my friend was arrested + my friend was send to galactic prison or something but will mostly affect colonists that have a close relationship whit the "sold" colonist.
but the none moot penalty was mainly though to affect your captured raiders, clamming a bounty on a raider that attacked you is just not the same as selling a stranger into slavery. and should not grand a global moot penalty

keylocke

kidding aside, people with bounty should belong to their own faction (like spacers). maybe they would just be passing through your settlement, so you need to chase them down before they reach the edges of the map. also they should not turn hostile unless attacked.

people with bounty should be the only kind of prisoners that you can sell without a mood penalty.

Jorlem

On a related note, being able to ransom prisoners back to their own factions could be neat.