[1.0] Psychology (2018-11-18)

Started by System.Linq, June 30, 2017, 02:39:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Der Failer

@Linq any news on my little problem here?
I'm using the leastest version on steam, together with Zombieland.
Code (From the Log) Select
[HugsLib][ERR] Psychology caused an exception during OnDefsLoaded: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at Psychology.PsychologyBase.DefsLoaded () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at HugsLib.HugsLibController.OnDefsLoaded () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Log

Soupy Delicious

Quote from: Linq on July 11, 2017, 12:14:14 PM
The Bleeding heart trait.

Eheh... Im not sure a trait really balances out such serious nerfs.  I understand that -10 sookiness for 1 quadrum is pretty serious, but losing a friend is pretty serious!  I'm sorry to ask, guv, but could you please direct me to the xml file (or what ever it is) where I can find the values for what I'm looking for?

bladerunner170

I know anxiety is already in the mod, but have you ever considered adding other mental illnesses to Psychology? Depression, PTSD, etc?

Soupy Delicious

Anxiety and panic attacks is the result of ptsd..

bladerunner170

Soupy Delicious

Quote from: Linq on July 11, 2017, 12:14:14 PM
The Bleeding heart trait.

I'm sorry, man... I just cleared up my presumptions on discord.  The only other time a friend had died in my game, they had been tight, and the debuff was high.  Then I started using your mod... I think you can see where I made my assumptions from.  Mistakes.  Thanks, man.  Your mod is truly brilliant and I'm having so much fun enjoying the infinitely more believable colonists I'm playing with.

NoImageAvailable

Speaking of anxiety, is there any way to get rid of it, other then sending the colonist on a one-man caravan with no food?
"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."

System.Linq

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on July 12, 2017, 04:43:18 AM
Speaking of anxiety, is there any way to get rid of it, other then sending the colonist on a one-man caravan with no food?
No. In the "managed" state it has a negligible effect on the pawn, but it can always make a comeback if you stop treating it. Anxiety has no cure.

e: Oh, you can replace their brain, though!

Hungry Colonist

Quote from: Linq on July 12, 2017, 09:48:05 AM
e: Oh, you can replace their brain, though!

That's what I call a practical solution.  ;D

Brrainz

Hi,
I get lots of reports that the latest version prevents Zombieland zombies from spawning. Any ideas?

System.Linq

Nope. I'll take a look at it, I guess.

bladerunner170

Quote from: Linq on July 12, 2017, 09:23:12 PM
Nope. I'll take a look at it, I guess.

I'm also getting zombieland issues after updating both mods

jpnm92

Can someone tell me the difference between empathetic and compassionate?

For me they're the same thing.

Edit: Ok so i used my gold 1 brain cells for something and went to google. So empathy is what you feel and compassion is when you actually do something about it?

Daddy explain it to me

Soupy Delicious

Empathy sounds like something base, like the material you would craft something out of.  And compassion sounds like what is crafted.   But I dont know nuffin.

lorebot

Empathy is understanding the pain of losing a loved one.
Compassion is comforting the bereaved.

Essentially you can have Empathy from a world away, but to be Compassionate you need to be involved with the situation.