[1.0] Psychology (2018-11-18)

Started by System.Linq, June 30, 2017, 02:39:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CookieWizard

Quote from: Onasaki on August 14, 2017, 09:18:01 PM
It could be because the psychology mod is created with the idea that there's only teenage, adult, and elderly pawns. Psychology with kids under 15 can be tricky, especially given the very deep way this mod goes into the psychology of our pawns.

It works, but sometimes can create hilarious results when you have a 10 year old with the 'lecher' trait. That's what I'd figure, anyway, there could be something more code-like that I'm not aware of. But yeah, I can confirm it works with psychology if it's loaded after.

If Rimchildren ever gets developed enough it'd be neat to eventually get a patch in which kids' psychology is far more volatile and prone to change and begins at being exactly in the middle of all traits.

RyanRim

Will it work on a save I used Zombieland on, and if I disable the zombie mod, will it cause any issues?

✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯

System.Linq

Updated to 2017-9-11:
-Colonists will now organize and attend funerals depending on how well they knew the deceased and how Nostalgic they are.
-Did a thorough sweep of all the personality traits to better balance their controversiality values, which affect how strongly they alter colonists' opinions of each other after a conversation (and how likely they are to run on them as a mayoral platform). They should be more even and realistic now.
-Also, colonists in relationships will be more sensitive to differences in opinion than non-romantically involved colonists now.
-You can now treat Insomnia.
-Colonists will no longer ignore their meetings with the mayor to continue tasks like crafting.
-Fixed an NRE when pawns die while having a conversation.
-Fixed the dreaded incompatibility with MAI, probably.
-Fixed a bug when meetings were scheduled.
-Mental breaks cause anxiety less often.

Nexus is having problems so it's only available on the Workshop for now.

Quote from: Madman666 on August 02, 2017, 01:56:31 AM
Yeah, except I didn't have meds for period, during which I got 5 people out of 16 with this thing. Without meds all treatments were crap and it got to severe. Now I have 2 negotiators with social skills 15+ and a friggin -70% to talking, how about that? And after I did get meds and treatments bacame good it still stays severe without showing any sign of dropping. I hate something you absolutely can't reverse in RW besides death (like scars, for which we have EPOE). I hoped I just didn't know how to deal with it, but if you can't at all thats... annoying. I'll just have to delete the hediff from brains with dev tools. Thanks for the answer.

Anxiety can be reduced, but it takes a lot of time and good medicine, and it strongly depends on how severe that person's anxiety in particular is. For some people it's easier to manage than others.

Repairing scars in EPOE is incredibly costly and requires endgame research. The anxiety hediff is on a colonist's brain, so you could achieve the desired effect by replacing it, if you wanted to go that route.

The real problem is not how hard it is to manage but how easy it is to get, and I've addressed that with this patch.

Quote from: MsMeiriona on September 09, 2017, 02:46:54 PM
There seems to be no accounting for kinsey X, asexuality, except to drop the drives down to zero, is there any other way to accomplish this and I'm just missing something, or are aces just left out?

Lower the sex drive to at or near zero for the pawn. They will be listed as 'asexual.' I felt this was the most realistic implementation, more realistic than 'Kinsey X' (and easier to implement).

Quote from: CookieWizard on September 10, 2017, 10:11:37 AM
Quote from: Onasaki on August 14, 2017, 09:18:01 PM
It could be because the psychology mod is created with the idea that there's only teenage, adult, and elderly pawns. Psychology with kids under 15 can be tricky, especially given the very deep way this mod goes into the psychology of our pawns.

It works, but sometimes can create hilarious results when you have a 10 year old with the 'lecher' trait. That's what I'd figure, anyway, there could be something more code-like that I'm not aware of. But yeah, I can confirm it works with psychology if it's loaded after.

If Rimchildren ever gets developed enough it'd be neat to eventually get a patch in which kids' psychology is far more volatile and prone to change and begins at being exactly in the middle of all traits.

If I did this, I would probably make it so that when children talked to others, their personality is adjusted towards that person's personality value depending on how high their opinion of the person is.

Madman666

Awesome news) I wanted to play around with MAI, but didn't want to sacrifice Psychology for it, as without it colonists seem just too simple.

Still I would really like a method of completely solving the anxiety problem. As you said EPOE lets you fix scars, but it takes quite a bit of resources. It would be really nice if Psychology done the same - with enough time, good doctors and quality meds - you should be able to fix one fragile-minded person. Or at least consider adding a mod option, that makes it go away with consistent high-quality treatment. Thanks!)

laokangz2

I love this mod, can it now work normal with Zombie Apocalypse, hope can make a patch with it.hohohohho

System.Linq

Quote from: Madman666 on September 12, 2017, 01:58:18 AM
Awesome news) I wanted to play around with MAI, but didn't want to sacrifice Psychology for it, as without it colonists seem just too simple.

Still I would really like a method of completely solving the anxiety problem. As you said EPOE lets you fix scars, but it takes quite a bit of resources. It would be really nice if Psychology done the same - with enough time, good doctors and quality meds - you should be able to fix one fragile-minded person. Or at least consider adding a mod option, that makes it go away with consistent high-quality treatment. Thanks!)

Quote from: Linq on September 11, 2017, 11:01:01 PM
The anxiety hediff is on a colonist's brain, so you could achieve the desired effect by replacing it, if you wanted to go that route.

Quote from: laokangz2 on September 12, 2017, 04:35:24 AM
I love this mod, can it now work normal with Zombie Apocalypse, hope can make a patch with it.hohohohho

No. Use Zombieland.

Madman666

Replacing the brain with AI chip from EPOE, just because the guy is anxious to the point of not being able to talk? That not only feels wrong, it IS wrong. I can understand brain damage for which you would need a brain repacement-stimulator as you probably screwed up, letting your guy get shot\hit. But mental breaks are bound to happen no matter how skilled you are at playing RW and each time it has a chance to make the guy partially and incurably useless? I'd much rather just delete that state with dev tools. It should really be curable with just some skilled therapy and a bit of meds, but oh well, if you really don't want it to be so, dev mode it is for me then. Nothing critical, I guess :)

System.Linq

Updated to 2017-9-12. Just a patch for funerals. It's available on the Nexus now.

Quote from: Madman666 on September 12, 2017, 02:41:51 PM
Replacing the brain with AI chip from EPOE, just because the guy is anxious to the point of not being able to talk? That not only feels wrong, it IS wrong. I can understand brain damage for which you would need a brain repacement-stimulator as you probably screwed up, letting your guy get shot\hit. But mental breaks are bound to happen no matter how skilled you are at playing RW and each time it has a chance to make the guy partially and incurably useless? I'd much rather just delete that state with dev tools. It should really be curable with just some skilled therapy and a bit of meds, but oh well, if you really don't want it to be so, dev mode it is for me then. Nothing critical, I guess :)

It's entirely comparable to EPOE's skin grafts in terms of cost and necessary research. If you want to alleviate his anxiety without replacing his brain, then give him good medicine and time. You can't cure it without giving him a new brain that doesn't have anxiety. You can manage it so that it doesn't have a real effect on him, but you can't cure it.

Madman666

Yeah, it does cost a lot to craft those AI chips, but it just feels too wrong for me to stick electronics into pawn's head to get him rid of simple anxiety. Well, thanks for answers anyway) I'll do it my way)

Kori

Hello Linq,

I've read that Psychology is incompatible with HelpTab because the treat trait surgery won't be available anymore.
Is there a way to fix this or could you include compatibility, please? :)

Killaim

super mod still.

to make it perfect it needs that ability for someone to be able to talk a "broken" pawn who is wandering around in despair into walk into his room and stay there. or to goto the hospital and rest.

i always hate how someone gets a mental break and just stops everything and wanders around

(my examble i really hated)

one of my guys who was out in the middle of the map returning from long distance mining. suddenly broke.
he began wandering way outside the base for a long time and even collapsed from exaustion and starving.

a colonist should be able to walk out there. talk to him and try to convince him to go home (his room or hospital)
people who break will not just wander around they will retreat to where they feel comfortable (save maybe super severe breaks where all hope is lost)

is it not possible to use the "arrest" function but not make the colonist hostile

Jobby

Hi, I am really enjoying your mod however i have noticed a potential bug, the "Beautiful" trait doesn't seem to give any relations boosts, is this intended?

System.Linq

Quote from: Jobby on September 13, 2017, 08:13:12 PM
Hi, I am really enjoying your mod however i have noticed a potential bug, the "Beautiful" trait doesn't seem to give any relations boosts, is this intended?

The relations boost happens in conversations. They have to talk to people.

Others' attraction towards them is still higher.

maculator

How does this play CPU-wise? I'm always concerned about performance and this mod looks A: verry interresting, but B: verry CPU melting^^

MCreeper

It plays just as usual for me. Whyit should be CPU-melting?