[1.0] Orassans 🐱

Started by Diana Winters, July 28, 2016, 11:05:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

I plan on changing the look of the Orassans to more match the added storyteller. Do you want this?

Yes; I want a more cat-like look
No; keep the neko look
I don't care

Jdalt40

Quote from: Montezuma on October 09, 2017, 03:05:46 PM
I'm not in the mood constantly looking through all my mods and see what the author has changed behind my back. Just stop constantly suggesting me to edit xml files. Thank you.
First off, nobody has changed anything behind your back, you are acting incredibly arrogant by saying this as authors have no obligation to fulfil your needs or to exercise care in making a mod. There is no negligence torts for mods, so if you don't like it, don't use it.

Second off, you are the person that has it installed, the author has no obligation to feed your likes or dislikes and can do whatever they want with it. If you don't like this, you can change it back in the XML. If you are too lazy to do this, please don't have a tantrum over here. Only have a tantrum if your XML edit doesn't work, in which we will provide support.

Skcuske_Lobuk

Quote from: Jdalt40 on October 09, 2017, 05:23:38 PM
There is no negligence torts for mods, so if you don't like it, don't use it.

Quote from: Montezuma on October 09, 2017, 05:17:48 PM
As I stated earlier, I'll be removing this mod as soon as I finish my game.

Quote from: Jdalt40 on October 09, 2017, 05:23:38 PM
Second off, you are the person that has it installed, the author has no obligation to feed your likes or dislikes and can do whatever they want with it. If you don't like this, you can change it back in the XML. If you are too lazy to do this, please don't have a tantrum over here. Only have a tantrum if your XML edit doesn't work, in which we will provide support.

Quote from: Montezuma on October 09, 2017, 05:00:14 PM
I expect mod authors to either integrate their visions in a non-disturbing way so I can enjoy my game, or at least mark their mods as "fun mods", "cheat mods" or "overpowered".

Quote from: Montezuma on October 09, 2017, 03:05:46 PM
Just stop constantly suggesting me to edit xml files. Thank you.

Thank you for your opinion.

Goldenpotatoes

I believe the moral of the story here is to document what the mod does and if it happens to change base game values in the OP.

Diana Winters

Quote from: Goldenpotatoes on October 09, 2017, 05:45:56 PM
I believe the moral of the story here is to document what the mod does and if it happens to change base game values in the OP.
That would only be the moral if the mod completely broke the base game. It does not.

RequiemFang

Wow lot of drama going on here  :o anyways... great mod, Diana mod what you love and not what others want ;) Never let others dictate the direction your mod should go.

IHateRegistering

Quote from: Montezuma on October 09, 2017, 05:00:14 PM
And for the last time: I'm not in the mood constantly looking through all my mods and see what the author has changed behind my back. Just stop constantly suggesting me to edit xml files. Thank you.
I won't because this will fix your initial problem you had with the balance of the mod. You don't need to remove a race from a running game if you can easily tweak it to your liking. As for the changes regarding vanilla, I agree totally - no mod should tinker around with things nobody would expect. If I download a mod that changes work orders and such, I neither expect nor want this mod to change the stats of say, animals. The argument that it doesn't break too much is pointless because if every mod author would hide some changes to the core game in their mod you'd have a real mess at your hands because everything would conflict with everything. But again, you have two issues and you move the goalposts between those two, your original issue was with the balance, the second you brought up was the ninja-changes to the core game. The first one is subjective and can be easily changed, the second one can also be changed but since it's a hidden change that is not featured in the description of the mod nobody would really know about it.

However, neither of these issues justifies you being a sperglord, sorry. If you wouldn't be so edgy about everything would be just fine. But no, you just had to unleash your inner 14year old on the world.

Diana Winters

Quote from: IHateRegistering on October 09, 2017, 06:49:16 PM
<snip>
...the second one can also be changed but since it's a hidden change that is not featured in the description of the mod nobody would really know about it.
I'm pretty sure I mentioned it sometime in the A14 patch notes but have since snipped those from the notes, but I guess I could add it as a footnote. But seriously, the way you guys phrase it as if it's a malicious edit that totally breaks the game.

DiamondBorne

Quote from: Diana Winters on October 09, 2017, 02:16:11 PM
Just delete the patches folder. But since no one noticed till that guy pointed it out, despite it being like this for the entire existence of the mod, I don't think it's much of an issue.

All the patch does is remove the "spacer" tag from power armor. I have still seen pirates spawn with it (in vanilla and with my mod active) but have never seen spacers spawn with it (this is likely due to them not having a high enough "budget" for them to spawn with it)

I will also note that this mod used to completely overwrite the power armor def and there were no complaints.

Thank you for pointing out the solution. (^_^)/

And please Montezuma, i understand your frustration but you can't just download a catgirl mod and expect it to be completely balanced. It's a common knowledge that catgirl is perfect, infact they're too perfect for this world. That's why Mother Earth or Big G never give us one.

If you think catgirls are too perfect for your(emphasize on your) Rimworld then. Instead of keep doing this pointless shouting, why don't you edit their stats or better yet, release a "rebalanced" version for us too? And i'm sure Diana wouldn't mind a small derivative work. This is not a sarcasm or anything. You can contribute to the community too and there might be many who agreed with you about Orassan being OP but currently, the way you addressing the situation makes you sound extremely rude. Let's keep it civil shall we?

Skcuske_Lobuk

Quote from: IHateRegistering on October 09, 2017, 06:49:16 PM
As for the changes regarding vanilla, I agree totally - no mod should tinker around with things nobody would expect. If I download a mod that changes work orders and such, I neither expect nor want this mod to change the stats of say, animals. The argument that it doesn't break too much is pointless because if every mod author would hide some changes to the core game in their mod you'd have a real mess at your hands because everything would conflict with everything.
Just edit the xml files if you don't like it. If you are too lazy to do this, please don't have a tantrum over here. Only have a tantrum if your XML edit doesn't work, in which we will provide support.

IHateRegistering

Quote from: Diana Winters on October 09, 2017, 06:55:05 PM

I'm pretty sure I mentioned it sometime in the A14 patch notes but have since snipped those from the notes, but I guess I could add it as a footnote. But seriously, the way you guys phrase it as if it's a malicious edit that totally breaks the game.
If you only have this mod active one small change wouldn't be a problem but imagine if every mod author would add these small changes to their mods.

Diana Winters

Quote from: IHateRegistering on October 09, 2017, 08:30:29 PM
Quote from: Diana Winters on October 09, 2017, 06:55:05 PM

If you only have this mod active one small change wouldn't be a problem but imagine if every mod author would add these small changes to their mods.
A lot of them do

Diana Winters

Update 5: Backstories added. Several were written by AuraKnight

Jdalt40

If this was the case, my Raiderpedes mod would be extremely hated. Since they overwrite the pirate faction def to put them as a pawn in the raids. However nobody noticed this. In reality small changes are good since they really don't impact much.

Edit: However this entire argument was stupid and to think that it wasted over 7 hours of everybody in the argument's time is ludicrous.

tonsrd

Quote from: Jdalt40 on October 09, 2017, 11:52:28 PM
If this was the case, my Raiderpedes mod would be extremely hated. Since they overwrite the pirate faction def to put them as a pawn in the raids. However nobody noticed this. In reality small changes are good since they really don't impact much.

Edit: However this entire argument was stupid and to think that it wasted over 7 hours of everybody in the argument's time is ludicrous.

this argument could of been solved simply by the first post stating what the mod adds and removes like 7 guns....
+adds cat faction
+adds cat trader ( that's richer than vanilla )
+adds weapons ( stronger than glittertech )
+adds armour
+adds catnip
+adds cat pet
-removes spacer tag from power armour

This mod/cats/guns/armour/trader = fits in my "Modded World"
I have 100 mods installed adding 6+ factions
(SW rebels, SW empire, Chickens WarMongels, Glitter Tech, USCM, Uscm-Xeno "Aliens", cats, vanilla tribals,pirates, spacers)

To some others it might not fit but a person could argue its due to the first post not describing the mod only giving "lore" , any mod can break a save adding or removing.

naomeh

I registered to this forum just to say how much I love this mod and appreciate all of the work you put into it. The traders, the custom weapons, everything... You even included a scenario which is something modders with these custom races don't tend to bother with. The storytelling as well. I really appreciate what you've done here. Thank you for sharing!