is there a way to get rid of cabin fever for prisoners?

Started by hyperkiller, April 18, 2015, 01:30:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hyperkiller

Chesley

There is.  Set up a different prisoner room, it can just be a sleeping spot (the kind that you don't have to actually build) in any non-outdoor space set to prisoner.  Turn the room the prisoner is currently in to colonist.  Your warden will take your prisoner to the new prisoner room.  If the warden walks the guy outside in doing so, cabin fever removed; reverse the process afterward.  If you have multiple prisoners in the same room and want to rotate them around you can do that by switching beds from medical to non-medical one at a time, but you have to work pretty hard at micro-managing to get the right prisoner removed. 

Snownova

Once the Prison Improvements mode ( https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=10069.0 ) is updated for alpha 10, you can build a "yard", or basically an enclosed, unroofed area of at least 300 tiles and make it accessible via the mods prison doors and camera objects. That way any prisoner who wanders into the yard will be relieved of their cabin fever debuff.

Boboid

Remove their leg.
Install peg leg.
Remove Peg leg.
Cabin Fever gone.
A prison yard is certainly a slightly more elegant solution to Cabin Fever than mine...

I just chop their legs off... legless prisoners don't suffer cabin fever

chaosmage

Quote from: Boboid on April 18, 2015, 07:17:38 AM
Remove their leg.
Install peg leg.
Remove Peg leg.
Cabin Fever gone.

Came in this thread to see your reply  :D

XelNigma

Iv always just set them free. wait until a warden takes them out side, then take them off of being set free. Draft the warden and arrest them.

wolfman1911

Wow, that's hardcore. 'So hey, you know how we said we were going to release you? About that. . .'

Kegereneku

Right now I'm being to lazy to make a suggestion topic for a new "Take Prisoner for a walk" order.
"Sam Starfall joined your colony"
"Sam Starfall left your colony with all your valuable"
-------
Write an Event
[Story] Write an ending ! (endless included)
[Story] Imagine a Storyteller !

mcduff

I know I've said it before but the cabin fever stuff means that some of the things the prison improvements mod added really needs to be in the base game now. Little workarounds are fine, and all, but there needs to be a non-hacky way of doing it.

puddlejumper448

I think, only about 80% sure, that if you make your prison large enough, when a prisoner gets cabin fever you can remove the roof for a couple of minutes and then re add it.

Goo Poni

Quote from: Kegereneku on April 18, 2015, 03:37:43 PM
Right now I'm being to lazy to make a suggestion topic for a new "Take Prisoner for a walk" order.

Perhaps instead of taking them for a walk, just have a prison block with an open walled-in area that they can go to? Plant some flowers there to make them happier and there you go.