[Mod] (Alpha 5D) Colonist Creation Mod v2.3c

Started by Argain, July 06, 2014, 07:36:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Argain

Changes from v1.4 -> v1.5:
- Fixed the head disappearing when changing gender to female
- Hopefully fixed the skills importing correctly (will require a new set of colonists exported)
- Fixed the disabled skills due to Backstories (some were not being interpreted correctly due to wording)
- Changed the skill cap to 15, so the Skill Passions seem less pointless
- Exports from previous versions will not import correctly with this

I've imported the same 'TestGroup' I made for this newer version a dozen times, and things seem to be importing more reliably now... please let me know if I overlooked something. Huge thanks to D4rk4ng31 for the extensive testing!

Edit:
In case anyone else would like to help out with testing this, without going through the hassle of creating a new set of colonists, I've attached my 'TestGroup' to this post. To make it usable, put it in the following directory:
C:\Users\[your user name]\AppData\LocalLow\Ludeon Studios\RimWorld\CharSaves\

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

Argain

Quote from: D4rk4ng31 on July 16, 2014, 05:47:35 PM
Aaaand some suggestions:

- Changing body (if possible)
- Changing the body is, unfortunately, not possible.

- Maybe using Ctrl to spend 5 points on a skill directly
- I've been considering something for that as well... will see what I can do :)

- Copy skills and clothing from one char to another
- Once I have the current features 100% functional, then I'll see if it's do-able

Argain

Changes from v1.5 -> v1.5a:
- Re-added the Power Armor

Argain

My wife discovered an odd bug that can cause the exported Backstory indexes to get higher than the amount of existing backstories, which subsequently causes everything afterward to fail in importing. Sooo... if importing fails, please open the console with the tilde key ('~') and check for an error. If there -is- an error, clicking it will open a side-panel giving a more full description of the error... that's the information I'll need, along with the exact steps you went through to reach the error (if possible). If you don't wish to type the error out, you can find the log at:
C:\Users\[UserName]\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\RimWorld\RimWorld492Win_Data\output_log.txt

Argain

Changes from v1.5a -> v1.5b:
- Fixed the Backstory Index bug
- Made the hairs available dependent on gender

P_anders

hi argain

i have sent you the email with my modfolder. thx for your help, i appreciate that very much

Argain

Hmm... afraid I didn't receive it, P_anders... maybe attaching it to a post here would work better.

P_anders

hm ... pretty strange

uhm, i can not put the folder in a attachment. my Modfolder has more than 29 megabyte. the max. size for attachments are allowed at 600 kb

but i uploaded it to my webspace ... here is the link:
Mods.7z

BetaSpectre

Hum 1.5b causes my saves to become corrupted and go rainbow when I load them.
1.4 worked just fine with all my mods.

I did update the clutter mod but that update still works for colonost creation 1.4

Any idea on what's causing the rainbow glitch?

With 1.5b I can start a game just fine but not load the saves tried with several new games
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░─╤▌██ |
░░░░░░░░─╤▂▃▃▄▄▄███████▄▃|
▂█▃▃▅▅███/█████\█[<BSS>█\███▅▅▅▃▂
◥████████████████████████████████◤
                           TO WAR WE GO

P_anders

ok update *scratching head*

yesterday night i deactivated all of my mods except the core ... shut down the game ... restart the game ... reactivated all of my mods and try to start a new colony

as far as i can see, it is working now pretty well. only two problems:
1) the game don't use the fighing chance mod again
i tryed to restart the game, to deactivated and reactivated the mod, nothing, every new colony is get the enfield and the glock 19

2)the import function is bugy
i made a 5 colonist set and exported it. by every time i want to import the set to a new colony, i get only one of my exportet colonists

until here no savegame bugs

elliotmartinlew

Top mod! :)

But I'm having troubles with importing as well. I can export, it makes the colonist group file all fine, but importing does not appear to do anything. It I've tried importing the 5 colonists, but it does not change the (5 or non 5) given colonists on customisation page.

What can I do to make this work? I've gone through this thread with a fine comb and can't find anything. I have also tried with CCM as the only mod active not in dev mode.

Cheers

Argain

Quote from: elliotmartinlew on July 18, 2014, 07:51:29 AM
Top mod! :)

But I'm having troubles with importing as well. I can export, it makes the colonist group file all fine, but importing does not appear to do anything. It I've tried importing the 5 colonists, but it does not change the (5 or non 5) given colonists on customisation page.

What can I do to make this work? I've gone through this thread with a fine comb and can't find anything. I have also tried with CCM as the only mod active not in dev mode.

Cheers

Did you manage to catch any errors in the console log when you tried importing?

Argain

Here's your sorted Mods folder, P_anders... there's a lot of warning errors going on with a bunch of the mods in it, but it'll at least run this mod and fighting chance together in it lol

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vn4qw5u3y8ovikv/P_anders_Mods.zip

Argain

Quote from: BetaSpectre on July 17, 2014, 12:30:09 PM
Hum 1.5b causes my saves to become corrupted and go rainbow when I load them.
1.4 worked just fine with all my mods.

I did update the clutter mod but that update still works for colonost creation 1.4

Any idea on what's causing the rainbow glitch?

With 1.5b I can start a game just fine but not load the saves tried with several new games

Just tried saving a game with this mod running and then re-loading it... there is indeed something odd going on that's causing everything to break, so taking a thorough look into it.

Argain

Changes from v1.5b -> v1.5c:
- Fixed the weird game save bug that was causing rainbow colors and breaking stuff

Apparently, this was what was causing everything to break:

if (work.defName == "Art")
{
    work.defName = "Artistic";
}
if (work.defName == "Warden")
{
    work.defName = "Social";
}
if (work.defName == "Doctor")
{
    work.defName = "Medicine";
}

It's how I was getting the Skills to be disabled for those backstory "IncapableOf"'s... just had to do it in a less 'game breaking' way elsewhere. So yeah, sorry about that! Should be all good now :)