UI not loading on start screen...or anywhere for that matter

Started by ghettofighter01, January 04, 2015, 10:36:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ghettofighter01

0.8.671 rev23427

So I just downloaded the game, ran it and no font whatsoever is showing up anywhere. The widgets all work, but none of them have any labeling/font to speak of. I'm just staring at blank boxes/widgets. I apologize if this isn't the right way of reporting this problem here, but I haven't found anything like this...anywhere. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

RawCode

ghettofighter01

See attached. Sorry this took so long.

[attachment deleted due to age]

Coenmcj

From my understanding you're getting no Text at all, but your start menu still has the background image and the boxes themselves?

I can't make much of the output log, looks like it just stopped.
I suggest keeping the files, incase RawCode can figure something out and redownloading Rimworld from the sendowl.
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

RawCode

Install to unmanaged folder, like "D:\games\" or similar.

Currently game do not fully support multiple users at once anyway.

ghettofighter01

No luck. And yes, the start menu and everything still has the background and widgets, but no text appears anywhere. I tried moving to an unmanaged folder, but nothing changed.

Scotty

iv noticed your game appdata is not in the same place
C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\
Rather than
C:\Users\username\AppData\LocalLow\Ludeon Studios\RimWorld

maybe this is it?

ghettofighter01

Haplo

Dumb question, but did you extract the zip file or did you start RimWorld directly out of the zip?

ghettofighter01

I first tried to just open it straight out of the zip file just to see if it would run when I first downloaded the file, and the font wouldn't load. So I tried extracting the file and putting it in its own folder, but the problem is still present.

Haplo

I've seen that you have the intel graphic chip. This could also be a problem. Can you try to update the graphic drivers?
And did you try to install it on a second computer (if available)?

harpo99999

ghettofighter01

No other computer to install the game onto anytime soon :/ Bills come first. And I extracted all of the content from the zip. I looked to see if there was any driver updates I had missed, but everything seems to be up-to-date.

harpo99999

ghettofighter01, what is your computer model, as I have played the 8f on a lenovo g550 (intel graphics core2 2ghz 4gb ram win7 32 bit) without any issues other than speed(due to the reletively low ghz of the cpu), but I have been using iobit's driver booster to make sure the drivers are up to date