[A17 and earlier]Pawns will not move to target if target is outside firing range

Started by Rah, May 16, 2017, 08:45:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rah

- When drafting and pressing B on a target outside the gun range the colonist will just freeze until you manually move him.

Moderator's edit (Calahan) - This was originally posted in the A17 feedback thread. I split the post off, gave it an appropriate title, and moved it to bugs because it is a bug report and not feedback.

Calahan

Thank you for the bug report. Although personally I really hope this is not considered a bug as I use this quality of life feature all the time (and I'd hate to lose another "QoL enhancing" bug :( ).

As when I have a bunch of raiders incoming, I get my Pawns ready in their defensive positions, and then target in advance (for ranged weapon users) the most dangerous raider(s). Which is rarely the "first raider that comes into firing range". And I'd be pretty annoyed if after I selected their targets my Pawns decided to leave their defensive position and start running towards the incoming enemy. As I definitely want them to remain stationary until their target came into range.

So if this is a bug can I please suggest there being two firing options. One that works like it does now, that being the Pawn remains stationary until the target is in range. The other instructs the Pawn to move towards the target until it's in range. (as I think you can make a good argument for both being useful to the player).

ison

Not a bug, though maybe such new button would be useful. Noted. Thanks.