Paint

Started by LouisTBR, November 08, 2015, 02:48:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LouisTBR

Personally, I get kinda bored seeing the same drab, brown and grey walls of my colony. I really want a way to spruce these up!

Paint would be an object in the game, which can be bought from a trader or found in supply drops. It would be fairly common, and fairly cheap. It would work like steel at a crafting table:

1. Paint is collected by 'Constructer'
2. It is placed in the square next to a wall (Either side, paints whole square of wall)
3. After about the same amount of time as it would take to build a wall, the wall is coloured in whichever colour the paint was.

The button to select a wall to be painted would be in 'Orders', and would expand into a dropdown menu in which the player can select the colour of the wall from the available paint present.

There is bound to be something more complicated I have forgot, so please comment below!
Only in RimWorld is the phrase "31 Heavily-Armed Siegers are currently bombing your base" preferable to "50 manhunting squirrels are attacking your colony"

Livingston I Presume

I like it and you can kind of paint using lights I guess, I noticed that if you mix different lights and carpets it blends to create new colors.
I think if you block colored your buildings it would probably just look like a 2D Mirrors Edge, and might not turn out as you had expected it, but still worth looking into.