[L|0.1.334] 80 graves max selection + window selection problem on graves

Started by feds, February 21, 2014, 01:32:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

feds

Bug 1 (usability bug?): I can't select more than 80 graves. Double clicking on a grave select the pointed grave and the leftmost remaining graves up to 80 objects. I think it applies to any kind of object, I tried with metal and 80 is still a hard limit, however graves is actually the first time I have needed to select more than 80 object to change the setting on who can be buried there for all the graveyard at once.
Expected result - I would expect to be able to select an arbitrary number of graves or at least that the 80 selected graves are the closest to the mouse pointer.

Bug 2: selecting graves with a window select can (not always) result in a selection that doesn't respond to the pressing of "allows placing * corpes here" (either by keyboard shortcut or button clicking).

Step to reproduce:
- build more than 80 graves (or open the attached savegame)
- try to select all the graves double clicking on one of them (bug 1).
- window select the rightmost graves in the graveyard like if you wanted to select the graves that weren't selected with the double click (works with the provided savegame). Try to press C, V or B keys or click on relative buttons (bug 2), nothing will happen.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

harpo99999

there is a select limit of 80 of ANY type of object eg food, metal, lights, graves, weapons, bodies, etc and yes it is irritating to work around by selecting some of them making the changes, then selecting the others and making the changes

feds

Quote from: harpo99999 on February 21, 2014, 04:40:30 PM
there is a select limit of 80 of ANY type of object eg food, metal, lights, graves, weapons, bodies, etc
I thought so, is the limit planned to be removed?

Quoteand yes it is irritating to work around by selecting some of them making the changes, then selecting the others and making the changes
sometimes selecting a group of graves dragging a window returns a set of objects than doesn't contains only graves (the number of object is higher than the number of graves even if nothing else seems to be selected) and I can't do any change. Eventually I found that a reliable approach is to zoom in, double click to select what is on screen, zoom out, do the changes, not the best way but at least better than make changes on the graves one by one...

feds

here a couple of screenshots to clarify the second bug of this topic:
in grave7.jpg I selected (dragging a window) 5 graves, the object counter shows x7, if I press C, V or B the setting changes as it should
in grave10.jpg I selected the same 5 graves dragging the window to select them in a different way (slightly bigger window select), the object counter shows now x10 and if I press C, V or B the setting doesn't change

Now that I look at the number counts I wonder if it's related to bug 0000338 (Larger objects count as multiple when drag-selected) that has been fixed already...

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]