[1.0] Children and Pregnancy - v0.5b (2019/Feb/25)

Started by Thirite, December 27, 2016, 09:06:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thirite

Should work just fine. It operates very similarly to how animal reproduction works, albeit with more detail. I suppose the only thing it necessarily requires is a double bed for two pawns to be able to do some Lovin' in.

Manleather_Cowboy

Download link isn't working for me.
Redirect fails invariably (Firefox error message saying "The page isn't redirecting properly").

On that note, will this be put on a site that works (i.e. not Google Docs, maybe something like Github or Dropbox)?

Rimrue

Quote from: Hayden on June 02, 2017, 05:38:56 PM
About to start either a tribal or medieval only playthrough. I'd love to use this mod with it. Would it create any problems? Like, you don't need any advanced stuff for pregnancy to work, right?

Pregnancy works the old-fashioned way. It works just fine playing tribal. ;)

Hayden

Quote from: Rimrue on June 02, 2017, 09:02:02 PM
Quote from: Hayden on June 02, 2017, 05:38:56 PM
About to start either a tribal or medieval only playthrough. I'd love to use this mod with it. Would it create any problems? Like, you don't need any advanced stuff for pregnancy to work, right?

Pregnancy works the old-fashioned way. It works just fine playing tribal. ;)

One thing I just realized is that your tribal planet mod says it needs Humanoid Alien Framework, but on page 1 here it says this mod isn't compatible with that. No real way i can get around that, right? It's either pregnancy or tribal planet?

lionessJess

Pregnancy seems to be working now :) however it all female colonists breastfeed the babies, is this a feature or a bug? :P

Thirite

A bit of both. I need to refine breastfeeding a fair amount still; having wet-nurses is intended but it's not exactly how I'd like it right now.

SergeshD123

When will Alien races compatibility be added? It's hard to decide between kids and aliens.

Rimrue

Quote from: Thirite on June 03, 2017, 06:59:00 PM
A bit of both. I need to refine breastfeeding a fair amount still; having wet-nurses is intended but it's not exactly how I'd like it right now.

So 3500 years into the future, when a woman gives birth, all women close to her start lactating as well?  :o  ;D  ;)

Dekent59

Seems to be working well for me other than a slight hiccup where a woman had twins on a hospital bed in the corner and the kids popped up INSIDE the wall north of her, had to deconstruct it to rescue them!

My only complaint is that it seems to disable the vanilla hiding helmets feature in the colony bar, I had to use another no hat option to get rid of them but it removes them from the game world too sadly. 

Awesome work though!

Thirite

Ah, regarding the visibility of hats in the colonist bar I actually fixed that- along with heads disappearing when the pawn no longer has one. I wanted to push some more changes for v0.2D like refining how breastfeeding works and start integrating Harmony. There's a decent number of things that still have to be worked on, and I figure as long as the current version is stable, it's a good chance to start working on the missing features than pushing out a slew of bugfix releases.

Hydromancerx

Just found a funny side effect using this mod and Rim Disorders mod. Since the baby cannot walk it is considered "downed" until someone recuses the baby. Which causes them to get PTSD from Rim Disorders. Just a weird disorder for a baby to get. Note I realize its a "use other mods at your own risk" but I thought it was interesting enough to mention.

Sniper Pilot

Quote from: Thirite on June 09, 2017, 06:03:07 PM
Ah, regarding the visibility of hats in the colonist bar I actually fixed that- along with heads disappearing when the pawn no longer has one. I wanted to push some more changes for v0.2D like refining how breastfeeding works and start integrating Harmony. There's a decent number of things that still have to be worked on, and I figure as long as the current version is stable, it's a good chance to start working on the missing features than pushing out a slew of bugfix releases.

Agreed! Thanks again for all you do!