[1.0] Children and Pregnancy - v0.5b (2019/Feb/25)

Started by Thirite, December 27, 2016, 09:06:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tenshi~Akari

Decided after months of lurking in this thread I'd give this mod a test run after finishing up a recent playthrough... as excited as I've been seeing all the progress you've made with this, I was really hesitant since I got attached to Misc. MAI & more recently all the mods that give the in-game options of showing hair under hats. Kinda hard to let go, but for the meantime, I literally set all my hair mods to draw under hats regardless of beards or not.  :P

Ran into a couple of issues though. One being sometimes when visitors spawn on my map, I'll get a random child-aged visitor that throws thousands of ticks worth of red errors for not being able to draw the child pawn graphics...?

Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at RimWorldChildren.ChildGraphics._RenderPawnInternal (Verse.PawnRenderer,UnityEngine.Vector3,UnityEngine.Quaternion,bool,Verse.Rot4,Verse.Rot4,Verse.RotDrawMode,bool,bool) <0x0063c>
at Verse.PawnRenderer.RenderPawnInternal (UnityEngine.Vector3,UnityEngine.Quaternion,bool,Verse.RotDrawMode,bool) <0x0007d>
at Verse.PawnRenderer.RenderPawnAt (UnityEngine.Vector3,Verse.RotDrawMode,bool) <0x00209>
at Verse.PawnRenderer.RenderPawnAt (UnityEngine.Vector3) <0x00061>
at Verse.Pawn_DrawTracker.DrawAt (UnityEngine.Vector3) <0x0002a>
at Verse.Pawn.DrawAt (UnityEngine.Vector3,bool) <0x00032>
at Verse.Thing.Draw () <0x00047>
at Verse.ThingWithComps.Draw () <0x00010>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.DynamicDrawManager.DrawDynamicThings_Patch1 (object,Verse.DrawTargetDef) <0x0021a>
at Verse.Map.MapUpdate () <0x0012c>
at Verse.Game.UpdatePlay () <0x0005c>
at Verse.Root_Play.Update () <0x0004c>

Another issue is the one mentioned above in Challengingreality's post, but since that might be fixed by next version up, I'll deal until then somehow.

Lastly, though not nearly as serious as those two, just a note of potentially another compatibility clash: Blas88's More Reasonable Prison Break mod seems to clash a bit with this one. At least on my end... not sure if anyone else has had issues of red errors popping up every other 10 seconds when the two are enabled? (I don't have a log for this one , forgot to copy over before I disabled it...)

Challengingreality

Updated to 0.2D and it fixed the aborted Lovin' bug.

Tenshi~Akari

Which is weird, because I do have 0.2D installed. Going to try a mod refresh to see if that fixes it, but at least 3 of my pawn couples have been jumping out of bed mid-lovin'.  :o

Thirite

Updated to v0.2E Unstable
- Moved to GitHub
- Potential fix for endless pregnancy loop
- Began migrating detours to Harmony patches

@Tenshi~Akari
Sorry, I couldn't investigate the drawing error you refer to. Perhaps I'll be able to have a look tomorrow

lionessJess

This week I've been trying to test out what makes endless birthing and I just can't find it. When I tested with all the same mods enabled in the same order as the save in which the birthing never stopped I couldn't force it to happen. Also it seems as if when you exit and reload an never ending birth then it stops.

Then this morning I installed the unstable version of 0.2E and it caused a very strange thing to happen, one of my colonists would randomly birth a child every night. I would get a notification that she was pregnant and at the same time a newborn baby notification. She was pregnant before so it seems to be a delayed version of the never ending pregnancy.

Thanks for all of your work on the mod :)

Thirite

Oh, right. I made HumanPregnancy take no time at all to gestate for debugging and I forgot to switch it back. Should be fixed now though.

Distman

Thirite

Oh, bizarre. In 2E I made it so if the human pregnancy hediff is still ticking and it detects the "PostPregnancy" hediff it will delete itself- not a great fix if the bug is mine... I wonder why pregnancy would fail like this in the vanilla Pregnancy hediff.

Challengingreality

Found a hilarious incompatible mod.

The mod is called Legs.
It does exactly what it says, adds legs to pawns.  What this does is causes the graphical glitch where child pawns [and also thin pawns] have legs on their heads, which ends up making them look like they have antennae.  Doesn't cause any functional problems, but I thought I'd give you the heads up for the graphical glitch so that anyone that wants to use that mod alongside yours will know what to expect.

I love this mod and I'll continue to keep an eye on it.  Thank you for all your hard work.

HunterAlpha1

Quote from: lionessJess on June 30, 2017, 05:28:45 AM
This week I've been trying to test out what makes endless birthing and I just can't find it. When I tested with all the same mods enabled in the same order as the save in which the birthing never stopped I couldn't force it to happen. Also it seems as if when you exit and reload an never ending birth then it stops.

Then this morning I installed the unstable version of 0.2E and it caused a very strange thing to happen, one of my colonists would randomly birth a child every night. I would get a notification that she was pregnant and at the same time a newborn baby notification. She was pregnant before so it seems to be a delayed version of the never ending pregnancy.

Thanks for all of your work on the mod :)
That mental image though...

System.Linq

Hello Thirite,

Received reports that the children from this mod are able to run for elections in Psychology. Is there anything that separates a child from an adult in terms of the vanilla game that I could use? If not, are there any checks in the mod I could use?

e: On second thought, considering this mod is still using detours and not Harmony, I'll just list it as incompatible.

Thirite

You could simply put in a check:
if (pawn.ageTracker.CurLifeStageIndex < 3){
    return;
}

Or similar. Humanlike Pawns are never below index 3 unless using this mod, so that would be the simplest way to do it. I am in the process of converting my detours to Harmony, but it's probably going to be a bit before that's done. I have a lot- the most difficult ones to convert will be the PawnRenderer.RenderPawnInternal method as I'll need to transpile it, and I've never attempted that before.

Updated to v0.2F Unstable
- Added Korean Translation
- Updated Russian Translation

SpaceDorf

The Birds and the Bees - seem to make no problems so far ..
it only adds a body-part which influences the ability of lovemaking ( better, worse, none .. ) but not the result.
I got one pregnancy so far, but sadly she miscarried due to sickness.

The number of children in Pirate Raids is kind of weird though, can you influence this in some way ?
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

lionessJess

Child just turned 4 - in the character tab it showed no skills in anything (except malee for some reason) but in work tab I couldn't assign them to anything. I restarted the game, now I can assign them to work but they have lots of random skills.