[1.3] Miscellaneous w MAI+Robots

Started by Haplo, May 16, 2014, 05:54:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FoxXeL

I am tryint Misc: robots mod. I have also downloaded the Misc: core because I read I need it. I don't want any other mods listed here, do I really need misc: core only for misc:robots? Also, should robots behave like humans? They have needs and eat. I have several other mods, maybe this is the problem: EDB Prepare Carefully, EPOE, Hospitality, MadSkills, Medical Training, MoreTradeShips and Titled soil. Do misc:robots conflict with any of these mods?

BlueFreakQ

Yes, you still need Misc Core if you are only using Misc Robots.  The bots do have some human-like behaviors, but they shouldn't be eating, they should be recharging as far as I am aware.  I play with some of the mods you list without issue (EDB Prepare Carefully and Tilled Soil are on now, MoretradeShips and Hospitality previously) the others I haven't tried.  I haven't been using Hospitality since I started making the other bots, so I'm not sure if that one affects them or not.

FoxXeL

The misc core should be before or after the main Core? Also, misc robots should be right after it or does it matter?

BlueFreakQ

Misc Core goes after (below) main core (which should always be at the top.)  Misc Robots can go anywhere after/below those two.  There can be others between, or not, either way is fine as long as it is after the two cores.

FoxXeL

I also have CCL(Community Core Library)- which is needed for a lot of mods. Are them both compatible? Which should come first? Sorry for so many questions, I understand if you simply choose not to reply anymore :).

BlueFreakQ

I don't have much experience with CCL.  Last time I was playing Rimworld, it didn't exist, now I hear as much about it causing issues as helping, so I've been avoiding it so far.  In general, people seem to be putting CCL immediately after the base Core.  I'm not sure if it matters or not, but to be safe, personally I would do Core, CCL, then Misc Core, and then Robots and any others you are using.

Haplo

To be honest, it is only necessary for Misc. Core to be loaded BEFORE the other Misc parts. It doesn't need to be further on top, as only the Miscellaneous parts use the functionality in there.

So best is something like this (if you use CCL)

Core
CCL Core
Miscellaneous Core
Miscellaneous XXX
Miscellaneous YYY
Miscellaneous ZZZ

On another note:
I've updated Mai and the MapGenerator.
Mai got a few bugfixes (debug-spawn, Sedate and Rescue) + her own double recharge station
The MapGenerator got a new blueprint: The pyramid. This one has many treasures, but it isn't easy to get to them :)

bazalisk

hi all

just got an adventure event to go explore a crashed ship.  i use the colonist bar and noticed that once my colonists left the map that they were deleted from my work list and the top bar :s

this didn't happen in version 12 so is this normal?  will they pop back into the lists once they return?  also, the event didn't tell me how long they would be away for or give the the option to delay it 6 hours.  also normal?

thanks for any info you can give  :D

actually, nvm.  They did come back and they popped back onto my colonists list and on the top bar :D
all is well in Glimmerton.

gagaeuh

Hi !
Love this mod (haulers robots are awesome). A question, though : I have a few miniguns and I'd like to put them on a weapon base. I can't find any. It's only by trade, but I didn't see any on sale. Which trader is it ?

Selonianth

Was playing and noticed that my fps was randomly dropping to pitiful levels. Opened the debug console, had the attached error there, over and over and over again for each of the haulbots. Not *positive* it was causing the issue with fps, but everytime after that when I checked the console during a slowdown I had about 7-8 errors (roughly the number of haulbots). Also attached is my m-odorder, if you're aware of any incompatibilities.

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

Lukxx

So I've been playing with this mod, when I noticed this: Hauling bots attending wedding, socializing with my colonists and socially relaxing... Haven't laughed so hard since pacifist raiders. If you see this as a bug, please don't fix it. It will make someones day much brighter! :D

StormySunrise

Quote from: BlueFreakQ on July 27, 2016, 12:17:37 AM

Next:
Customize art so each is unique/distinguishable
Research for more advanced models (including Hauler and Cleaner)
Add in said advanced models (better/faster, more skilled, but not as good as MAI)

All credit to Haplo_X1 for artwork and gardener bot from their Misc. Robots Xtension mod sample.

Thanks to Neonod, who's expansion I used as a basis.

JobDriver threw exception in initAction. Pawn=Discipline Bot, Job=PrisonerAttemptRecruit A=Thing_Human37518, Exception: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at RimWorld.Toils_Interpersonal+<WaitToBeAbleToInteract>c__AnonStorey1EF.<>m__BD () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.AI.JobDriver.TryActuallyStartNextToil () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 37)

I created a modified version of the Cleanerbot as a minerbot, if you wanna use it here it is :)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3saegvg1to54ymv/MinerbotV2.7z?dl=0

BlueFreakQ

Thank you Stormysunrise, I appreciate that.  I have a set of tier I and II bots for each skill so far (except art and research.)  I'm working to get them finalized and get to the art, there have just been some problems keeping me from it recently.

StormySunrise

Quote from: BlueFreakQ on July 31, 2016, 02:20:20 PM
Thank you Stormysunrise, I appreciate that.  I have a set of tier I and II bots for each skill so far (except art and research.)  I'm working to get them finalized and get to the art, there have just been some problems keeping me from it recently.

I can try to make some more sprites for you if you want :)