Idea: Old saves as ruins mod

Started by Jasmack1972, March 19, 2020, 10:16:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jasmack1972

I started a new game today, and had an idea:

Would it be possible to make a mod that sets a previously played settlement as a ruin?

The idea is basically you start a new game on the same planet and are able to set up close to, and travel to, your previous settlement. Your old pawns could be laying around as skeletons, walls would be in disrepair, and furniture would be broken and/or missing. Also, any perishables would be gone, but other resources would still be present. minus a reasonable amount due to scavenging.

Obviously you would have to have the same list and order of mods, but you could have as many ruins as previous game sessions, and they would all be in the places that you originally set them up in.

InterstellarOrbit

There is a mod called Real Ruins.

It took old bases from real players and essentially...well...made them into ruins. You can also upload your own.  :D

-Cheers!

TwistedMinds

You might want to take a look at the work-in-progress mod Persistent Rimworld!

It want to do much much more, but "Visit old maps from previous abandoned colonies. (Dice roll - structures will be degraded by time OR pirates will have settled in and surprise you)" is one of their planned features.

Jasmack1972

Not sure how I missed these two. They sound very close to what I was thinking of.