Animal Information Thread + Poll (A17 Updated)

Started by LouisTBR, September 01, 2015, 12:01:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Favourite Animal? State Reasons below after voting please!

Alpaca
Alphabeaver
Boar
Boomalope
Boomrat
Capybara
Chicken
Chinchilla
Cobra
Cow
Deer
Dromedary (Camel)
Elephant
Elk
Hare
Husky
Iguana
Labrador
Megascarab
Monkey
Muffalo
Pig
Squirrel
Thrumbo
Tortoise
Warg
Yorkshire Terrier
Cassowary
Emu
Gazelle
Ibex
Megasloth
Ostrich
Snowhare
Turkey
Megaspider
Spelopede
Raccoon
Rat
Arctic Fox
Arctic Wolf
Cat
Cougar
Fennec Fox
Lynx
Panther
Red Fox
Timberwolf
Grizzly Bear

Vault101

Is there a table somewhere for pregnancy and time till adulthood times?

MultiDavid

Quote from: Vault101 on September 07, 2015, 05:11:44 PM
Is there a table somewhere for pregnancy and time till adulthood times?

Yes there is, check in the animal statistics in the first post :)

LouisTBR

Only in RimWorld is the phrase "31 Heavily-Armed Siegers are currently bombing your base" preferable to "50 manhunting squirrels are attacking your colony"

FMJ Penguin

Thanks for the wiki link. Yeesh, no wonder peeps swear on the boar/pigs. Eat little to nothing and have no limitations? oink oink "I wuv you Mr. piggly wiggly. You're my new best friend" HUGS
Bits & bobs: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/buuxpswcu9rzh3o/AABlRN4f2E4UNfDY8a_RoA6Ea?dl=0 All open source so sell it to Adolf for a new pair of sneaks if you like.
"Curious.... How many credit hours does it take tell you can make a comment like that without laughing uncontrollably at yourself?"

LouisTBR

Only in RimWorld is the phrase "31 Heavily-Armed Siegers are currently bombing your base" preferable to "50 manhunting squirrels are attacking your colony"

LouisTBR

Thanks so much for all of you guys that have supported this post thus far! And to all 78 of you people that voted on the poll above! It means so much to me, and I hope to have some more great features up for you by the end of the week!

Geokinesis

Man, Chickens really shouldn't be less intelligent than hares/iguanas.

Cimanyd

Considering chickens are the only animal that can't be trained, it might be for game balance, since you can have infinite chickens more easily than other animals.
Some sort of psychic wave has swept over the landscape. Your colonists are okay, but...
It seems many of the scythers in the area have been driven insane.

ble210

Any info on the temperature tolerance of animals?  Can cows survive in the cold for example?

LouisTBR

Up next bud! Always happy for suggestions, I'll put this in next week!

RemingtonRyder

Quote from: ble210 on September 09, 2015, 03:31:28 PM
Any info on the temperature tolerance of animals?  Can cows survive in the cold for example?

Here's a list of minimum comfy temps for farm animals and pets:

Chicken: 0C (32F)
Pig: -5C (23F)
Cow: -14C (6.8F)
Alpaca: -18C (-0.4F)
Warg: -65C (-85F)
Yorkie: -8C (17.6F)
Husky: -50C (-58F)
Labrador: -14C (6.8F)

ble210

LouisTBR

MultiDavid

Quote from: Louisthebadassrimworlder on September 10, 2015, 11:47:22 AM
No worries!

Capybaras are able to be found in the wild, i have seen them before :O

And boars are intermediate intelligence i believe.

LouisTBR

I am pretty sure that capybaras cannot, as I have never seen one in testing nor A12. As for the intelligence, I have done it on the basis of their capabilities, i.e Advanced = All, Intermediate = Obedience and Release etc.