Why XML instead of JSON?

Started by axefrog, May 13, 2015, 10:26:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Devon_v

Curly braces give me a warm, fuzzy feeling and are the reason I cannot deal with Python as a language. :)

colblackwolf

Quote from: b0rsuk on May 17, 2015, 05:18:52 AM
XML is like violence.

It may not be the best solution to a specific problem, but it is always a solution   ;)

Adamiks

Quote from: colblackwolf on May 28, 2015, 02:01:22 AM
Quote from: b0rsuk on May 17, 2015, 05:18:52 AM
XML is like violence.

It may not be the best solution to a specific problem, but it is always a solution   ;)

To much violence against XML's can end with errors in your ass, like in real life violence can end with a spear in your ass.

Ahh.... Rimworld.....

Mystic

Quote from: Devon_v on May 27, 2015, 05:47:11 PM
Curly braces give me a warm, fuzzy feeling and are the reason I cannot deal with Python as a language. :)

I agree with this in the area of languages at least (if not necessarily in data exchange formats). Python's indenting approach is IMO really not good for developing any programs of substantial size. Too easy for things to go wrong, even for someone as militant about proper indentation (in any/all languages) as myself.

On the other hand, even though I developed exclusively in C/C++ for nearly two decades, I am really, really over the need for semicolons as statement terminators. I consider them needless, cluttered syntax at this point.

Thus you have two of the reasons why Swift is well on its way to becoming my preferred language.

MrWiggles

This question just boils down to, "Why aren't your preferences my preferences?"

Vas

This is something I made a while back when I was going to make a web version of EDB's Prepare Carefully mod.

I put it on pastebin instead of here; http://pastebin.com/J5u3ASvm
Click to see my steam. I'm a lazy modder who takes long breaks and everyone seems to hate.