[A10] Gold Floors

Started by ArickB, May 24, 2015, 04:28:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ArickB

Do you have large amounts of GOLD stored away in a vault?
Are you fed up with being able to craft mostly anything in GOLD, but can't craft some sleek and shiny floors?
Well I do, and I am. That's why I made this mod. Now you can adequately display your wealth, as well as social status, by wasting your entire gold reserves on some floors!

• The floors have a beauty of 5, because who in their right mind would prefer stone floors over luxurious gold?
  • Panels cost 5 gold to make, while the solid gold floor costs 10.
The material cost isn't high, but gold (in my personal experience) is a pretty slow material to gather in bulk, since you have to wait for traders or mine veins for it.

It's so pretty

Installation
Simply un-rar the file into the mods folder. It shouldn't break any saves.
Credits
I don't mind if you use this mod in a pack or change anything in it as long as you give credit.

[attachment deleted due to age]
My mods:
Gold Floors

nmid

lol!!

I wonder what the value of your colony will be :p
Pretty tempting for raiders / increased raiding!
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. StorymasterQ

Kilroy232

LittleGreenStone

ItchyFlea

All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
Ask for permission before using in ModPacks

Click here for a list of the mods I've created

StorymasterQ

Quote from: ItchyFlea on May 25, 2015, 02:32:32 AM
Ohh shiny. :)

I legit read that as 'Ooh shinzy' and was unsurprised.
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

Sam_

I never even have enough gold to build a single chair....

I must be doing something wrong.

Adamiks

Heh. I was thinking about mod like this today ;D Anyway, nice mod.

ArickB

Quote from: Sam_ on May 25, 2015, 05:40:54 AM
I never even have enough gold to build a single chair....

I must be doing something wrong.

It's all about having stockpiles of things to sell at all times, so you can waste trade your silver for that sweet sweet gold  ;)
My mods:
Gold Floors

Adamiks

And by the way do this mod shouldn't be named "Golden Floors" not "Gold Floors"?.

LittleGreenStone

Quote from: Adamiks on May 25, 2015, 05:02:30 PM
And by the way do this mod shouldn't be named "Golden Floors" not "Gold Floors"?.

"Golden" is more often used for stuff that only looks like gold, or is covered in gold.
"Gold" stuff is often made out of gold entirely, see "gold necklace" for example, which tend to cost a whole lot more than a "golden necklace" of the same caliber.  ;)

Adamiks

LittleGreenStone

Quote from: Adamiks on May 25, 2015, 06:11:39 PM
Thanks. I feel so dump ;D

No need to.
I was learning English for quite a few years before I could tell the difference myself...  :-X

StorymasterQ

Since gold conduct electricity quite well, this is potentially a death trap :D
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

nmid

I'm both amazed and disturbed at your line of though, Q.
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. StorymasterQ