[A13] Mod MEGA PACK

Started by crusader2010, May 03, 2016, 01:58:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crusader2010

Quote from: deadspark on May 23, 2016, 01:45:48 PM
problem with mega download, zip file is empty! i tryed clearing my cash but no help

I've just tried and it works fine. Most likely the issues is on your end (e.g. an antivirus that for whatever reason locks the archive and Windows sees it as empty; it does have several thousand files inside and might take a while to scan it in a background thread... plus we all know how long it takes Windows sometimes to release the lock on a file ;D ). I suggest disabling all antiviruses and firewalls until after you've extracted the archive (from Mega.nz - choose to download it through the browser).

If there is something wrong with Mega.nz, simply try again. Usually it is very reliable. Also make sure that your country or ISP isn't blocking that address for whatever reason (try a TRACERT to Mega.nz in command prompt and see if it reaches the destination or not, as well as where the lock up happens, if any).
My mod pack: {A13} Mod Mega Pack

earendilscomet

I got the same problem on a Linux machine, and got a good programming friend to replicate it with me. He tracked the error down to the AreaUnlocker mod that makes a very sloppy write to game's memory.

Go to your ModsConfig.xml and remove the entry titled:
<li>RW_AreaUnlocker-0.13.0.1</li>
It *should* work just fine after that.

crusader2010

Quote from: earendilscomet on May 24, 2016, 02:47:39 AM
I got the same problem on a Linux machine, and got a good programming friend to replicate it with me. He tracked the error down to the AreaUnlocker mod that makes a very sloppy write to game's memory.

Go to your ModsConfig.xml and remove the entry titled:
<li>RW_AreaUnlocker-0.13.0.1</li>
It *should* work just fine after that.

Which of the issues were you referring to? I'll update the main page later, together with some of the mods.

Fridolin

Hey,

today i added https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=2569.0. It seems there are no conflicts.

I like to play your mod compilation!

Thanks again 8)

crusader2010

Quote from: Fridolin on May 24, 2016, 07:07:37 AM
Hey,

today i added https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=2569.0. It seems there are no conflicts.

I like to play your mod compilation!

Thanks again 8)

Good idea! Wonder why I didn't see that mod from the beginning.... anyway, I'll probably add it in the next version of the pack. Thanks too!

deadspark

problem solved using 7-zip rather than winzip

on a side note can we get SkilledBuilder(on) rather than off. much better beds that way

thank you

crusader2010

Quote from: deadspark on May 24, 2016, 07:22:42 AM
problem solved using 7-zip rather than winzip

on a side note can we get SkilledBuilder(on) rather than off. much better beds that way

thank you

Winzip is not made to open .7z files anyway. Winrar should work fine if the version is above 5.0.

You can get skilledbuilder (on) from that mod's page and replace the one from the pack if you want. I'm using (off) because I want to choose which furniture to build skillfully (i.e. really care about), and these are much fewer pieces than the ones I don't care about (meaning it requires more clicking to disable the skilled builder option so as not lock up my colonist) :)

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: crusader2010 on May 24, 2016, 09:14:23 AMYou can get skilledbuilder (on) from that mod's page and replace the one from the pack if you want. I'm using (off) because I want to choose which furniture to build skillfully (i.e. really care about), and this is much less than the one I don't care about (meaning it requires more clicking to disable the skilled builder option so as not lock up my colonist) :)

Does that mean the one you are using has it where all builders build everything unless you click a button on that particular piece of furniture to limit it to a highly skilled builder?

crusader2010

Quote from: BlackSmokeDMax on May 24, 2016, 09:32:05 AM
Does that mean the one you are using has it where all builders build everything unless you click a button on that particular piece of furniture to limit it to a highly skilled builder?

Yep. That's exactly what the "off" version of the mod does, which is included in this pack.

crusader2010

Updated the pack to version v8. See changelog 11 for details. Should not require a new colony to play.

silverskin

I was right about to mention that the shields from ED-Shields weren't blocking bullets, when I see crusader has already update the pack with a compatibility patch I didn't even know about. Now shields work fine. You are the man, crusader.

Rebuild those shields to get them to work. My already existing shields don't block but newly built ones, after the update, block like they should. Everything works fine, now. Damn shame it's too late for those two poor colonists who got shot through the shield, though.

crusader2010

Quote from: silverskin on May 24, 2016, 03:22:06 PM
I was right about to mention that the shields from ED-Shields weren't blocking bullets, when I see crusader has already update the pack with a compatibility patch I didn't even know about. Now shields work fine. You are the man, crusader.

Rebuild those shields to get them to work. My already existing shields don't block but newly built ones, after the update, block like they should. Everything works fine, now. Damn shame it's too late for those two poor colonists who got shot through the shield, though.

Big thanks to Jaxxa for letting me know about the patch though  ;D ;D

Fridolin

Some question about component factory.

How does it works?
I have no idea what I'm doing wrong..

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

crusader2010

Quote from: Fridolin on May 25, 2016, 09:30:20 AM

How does it works?

You need one more hopper; the requirements are 100 steel -> 10 components.
Also, stopping the process is a bit quirky... you need to cut power to the factory and to deselect the steel requirements from each hopper; otherwise, it'll either keep on running, or you'll have hoppers with unused steel.

Rekxar

Quote from: crusader2010 on May 25, 2016, 09:58:16 AM
Quote from: Fridolin on May 25, 2016, 09:30:20 AM

How does it works?

You need one more hopper; the requirements are 100 steel -> 10 components.
Also, stopping the process is a bit quirky... you need to cut power to the factory and to deselect the steel requirements from each hopper; otherwise, it'll either keep on running, or you'll have hoppers with unused steel.

I just set the priority to low on the hoppers when not using it and it's off. Saves the hassle of finding the steel through the list