[A17] Vegetable Garden [8/22/17]

Started by dismar, May 07, 2015, 10:52:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dismar

First release in a while!
Been so busy working on a large coding overhaul! Spoonsohrtage has been working on a complete artwork overhual! So much has been added or changed to this mod! Basically a new mod!
Change log since 5.1
12/11
- More recipes tweeks
- Code fixes
- More Parent defs

12/10
- New art added!!!!!!!!!
- Recipes overhual finished
- Art assests in defs reworked
- Hand-made leather recipe added to crafting spot.

11/26
-Vegan Eggs / recipe added

11/25
- blended leathers now random colors
- resources plant names changed for new art

11/24
- begin dough removal
- unused art removed

11/20
- recipes bug fixed

11/5
- fueled cooking tables added.
- cremate to fertilizer added.
- Neutroamine flowers now have research. Neutroamine making now unlocks with the drug lab.

10/29
-recipes amount / products balanced
-plants nut. reduced
-soils balanced

10/25
- small balance to recipes

10/22
- parent defs have been given unique names to avoid future mod conflicts.
- non meal foods def updated.

10/20/16
- Drug limits set ( caffeine and tobacco )
- cheese is food again
- cheeseburgers can be made again

Adalah217

The new art looks fantastic! Everything tends to blend in with the surrounding and fits Rimworld's style. In particular, the trees are beautiful and the silver,silver, and plasteel plants are unique designs that stand out to me. Also, thanks for adding subfolders for plants and flowers. Makes it easier to manage. 
Edit: And how about that bamboo floor! Neat!

I always though the nymph plant stuck out a little bit too much, and I think the mushrooms do now too, so if anyone wants alternative textures, see the below and attached. Just drop them into the proper location within the mod and overwrite the previous textures. I slightly changed the contrast, saturation, and what not.

In action: http://imgur.com/a/gbQji

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

Thundercraft

Quote from: dismar on December 12, 2016, 01:16:57 AM

Yay!  Coolness. 8)

Quote« Last Edit: Today at 01:34:42 AM by dismar »

Wait... Why did you shrink your opening post so much? :( You removed all of those very, very helpful images which showed exactly what Vegetable Garden added...  :'(

dismar

Quote from: Thundercraft on December 12, 2016, 12:12:30 PM
Quote from: dismar on December 12, 2016, 01:16:57 AM

Yay!  Coolness. 8)

Quote« Last Edit: Today at 01:34:42 AM by dismar »

Wait... Why did you shrink your opening post so much? :( You removed all of those very, very helpful images which showed exactly what Vegetable Garden added...  :'(

Most of it has changed and needs updated! Thought you'd enjoy getting the mod faster :)

In the notes I've stated I'm going update it

Knedl

OMG....so awesome and the new art is just  :-* Maybe consider adding that mod that adds beez and honey (I am sure I saw it somewhere on the forum).

Also I can't figure out what to do with a crate of rum that I got from a killed visitor. Tried every trick I could think of but I can't get to that 75 bottles of rum  :P Is it just for trading or how do I open the darn thing lol? Also interested if Fertilizer is tradable and by which traders? I have a few hundred dead pawns on ice sheet and this would turn them into silver  ;D

I thank you for this mod again, it's a must for me and this update is such an amazing job! Keep up the good work  8)

EDIT: Don't mind the rum I found out it can be opened at the destilery table

faltonico

Quote from: dismar on May 07, 2015, 10:52:34 AM
I have changed up the baking recipes and made them simpler.
Aww =(
But anyway, it looks amazing!

Thank you guys for your efforts!

onerous1

Spoonshortage did a remarkable job on the artwork. It really blends with the original game art. And thank you, Adalah217, for the muted mushrooms and nymph hair.

Knedl

Before you release for A16 please remake a few recepies. For example 1 red lentil and you can make 4 bacon out of it. Recepies from meat only like BBQ stuff should only be made from meat. The rest like stew is OK. I also like that you changed growth rate and is now worth building hydroponics. Love this mod so a big thank you!

carpediembr

I dont know which modder I should contact, but how can I make Vegetables Garden and SeedsPlease work together?

Edit: To add with Knedl post, I find mushrooms a little bit overpowered, not sure if it's intended or not, but mushrooms act as vegetables and meat, being able to cook fine meals just out of it.

joaonunes

Quote from: carpediembr on December 17, 2016, 07:47:33 PM
I dont know which modder I should contact, but how can I make Vegetables Garden and SeedsPlease work together?

Edit: To add with Knedl post, I find mushrooms a little bit overpowered, not sure if it's intended or not, but mushrooms act as vegetables and meat, being able to cook fine meals just out of it.

They are slightly superior to other raw vegetables because they act both as meat and fruit, being able to be consumed raw, but to survive only by producing mushrooms you still need to produce double the quantity you'd require if you had another meat source, so it's not that OP, I'd say...
Do you want your colonists to look manlier?
Get a free mustache sample here!

dismar

Quote from: Knedl on December 17, 2016, 07:07:50 PM
Before you release for A16 please remake a few recepies. For example 1 red lentil and you can make 4 bacon out of it. Recepies from meat only like BBQ stuff should only be made from meat. The rest like stew is OK. I also like that you changed growth rate and is now worth building hydroponics. Love this mod so a big thank you!

I'm not sure what bacon is (i mean in game!) :)

But you have to think a bit about the grilled meats that are like the lentils, tofu, mushrooms, etc.. some are easier to picture in your mind. But for the seeds like items, don't think of it like stabbing a stick through them to grill them!

You can also make simple paste balls that are grilled. Or if another ingredient is in the recipe it could be like a rub or seasoning to that meal.

I know a bit stretchy but it is a pain to make those recipes use only meat due to the number of animals in the game.  Also if someone added a new animal it would not show up in the recipe since it would be fixed.

Just some food for thought on your ideas! thanks for your feedback tho!

Quote from: carpediembr on December 17, 2016, 07:47:33 PM

Notfood does all the seeds mods now and there is a post that should have up to date news!

And what you've never had a Fine mushroom meal?! Some nice grilled mushrooms in a nice mushroom based sauce? lol

joaonunes

Quote from: dismar on December 17, 2016, 08:47:51 PM
*snip*
And what you've never had a Fine mushroom meal?! Some nice grilled mushrooms in a nice mushroom based sauce? lol

If in rimworld people can eat human meat perhaps we should keep a more open mind towards these kinds of meals :D

Scythah

I love this mod. Feels like it could be in the base game. Can't wait to see it in a16! I'll be dispensing candies across the whole planet.

joaonunes

Quote from: Adalah217 on December 12, 2016, 10:31:29 AM
The new art looks fantastic! Everything tends to blend in with the surrounding and fits Rimworld's style. In particular, the trees are beautiful and the silver,silver, and plasteel plants are unique designs that stand out to me. Also, thanks for adding subfolders for plants and flowers. Makes it easier to manage. 
Edit: And how about that bamboo floor! Neat!

I always though the nymph plant stuck out a little bit too much, and I think the mushrooms do now too, so if anyone wants alternative textures, see the below and attached. Just drop them into the proper location within the mod and overwrite the previous textures. I slightly changed the contrast, saturation, and what not.

In action: http://imgur.com/a/gbQji

Thanks!! The new shrooms are needlessly white, brown-ish feels more natural too :)

The nymph plants stand out quite a lot too, but with your texture they feel too dark...

faltonico

Hi there dismar,
Is coffee behaving the same in the new release? i haven't created a new colony yet, is it still addictive? half my colony is "addicted" to it now, though they shouldn't xD