[A17] Vegetable Garden [8/22/17]

Started by dismar, May 07, 2015, 10:52:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Birdy

Quote from: dismar on January 14, 2017, 05:30:21 PM
As of right now I'm not adding new plants "unless" there is a good reason. like they add something new to the mod :)
You'd make bodybuilding fans really happy.
Chicken check
Rice check
Broccoli... ;(

Broccoli is the food of the giants, very healthy! Did you know it has more vitamin C than oranges, on a gram by gram comparison? Om nom nom!

onerous1

Quote from: Birdy on January 15, 2017, 09:37:11 AM
You'd make bodybuilding fans really happy.
Chicken check
Rice check
Broccoli... ;(

Broccoli is the food of the giants, very healthy! Did you know it has more vitamin C than oranges, on a gram by gram comparison? Om nom nom!
And if you add spinach and kale you'll have all the crops necessary to run a 'Whole Foods' type colony, where the crops are GMO and pesticide free, the chicken and eggs are free-range, and the meals are prepared gluten-free. Huzzah! This is essential for my rich explorer play-through where she starts a new age detox colony because the free orgies and yayo were aging her prematurely.

In seriousness, I would like to know how to add the new recipes to cooking stations from other mods. I found a lovely japanese stove that matches my japanese-themed common room.

Canute

Adding own recipes just for you shouldn't be that hard.
Look for the Recipes_cookstove.xml under Vegetable Garden 5.3\Defs\RecipeDefs.
With a bit try&error you just duplicate an existing recipe, and then modify it with your ingredents.
If you got the fishindustry, you can just put rice + raw fish to made suhsi.

Curlyjefferson1

How do you make looms, Been googling for 2hrs so far, most i got was there is a research branch, i dont have that branch in my list at all so i have no clue.

Canute

Reseach complex clothing, then you can build hand/electric tailorbench and looms from production. Looms are mosttimes at the end of the list for me.

Danetta

Is there a way to rework fermenting barrels to act kinda like growing zone + original fermenting barrel together? Current way is kinda feels bad because barrel just destroyed afterwards (transformated to crate), but I love how barrel acts in original rimworld (beer barrel). Selecting what alcohol you want in original barrel and then fermenting it would be cool and for sure much better than having 10 kinds of barrels.

dismar

Quote from: Danetta on January 17, 2017, 08:09:24 AM
Is there a way to rework fermenting barrels to act kinda like growing zone + original fermenting barrel together? Current way is kinda feels bad because barrel just destroyed afterwards (transformated to crate), but I love how barrel acts in original rimworld (beer barrel). Selecting what alcohol you want in original barrel and then fermenting it would be cool and for sure much better than having 10 kinds of barrels.

There is, but it well beyond my coding ability

Danetta

Well, if no one else could help, then I will try to make it.

asquirrel

Would any of you modding folks care to help me figure out why the cooking tools aren't working for this mod?  They are showing up but being listed as inactive. I can tell you right at the start I have the electric stove available and I know with VG mod I should not have that (something that needs to be researched).  So I'm thinking that might be my problem.  What mod could be overriding this. I've tried putting VG right after hugs lib (which comes after core) and also at the very end of my mod list, after miniaturization.  Thanks! :)

https://gist.github.com/f513d5704119e9795929243ad2c77cb8

Canute

You need to look what mod change the stove, hmm there comes miniaturization in my mind.

dismar

i've tried to help, but really, OMG so many mods!! lol

asquirrel

Thanks guys! I know, I have a ton of mods running and that's why I'm stumped.  Do you think miniaturization mod would cause this problem?  Could it be recipe mods (i.e. mods that either add new recipes like bulk foods or mods that add new recipes like vegetable garden)?

dismar

Quote from: asquirrel on January 17, 2017, 05:06:45 PM
Thanks guys! I know, I have a ton of mods running and that's why I'm stumped.  Do you think miniaturization mod would cause this problem?  Could it be recipe mods (i.e. mods that either add new recipes like bulk foods or mods that add new recipes like vegetable garden)?

Have you tried moving it to the bottom of the list. THEN building a new electric stove?

asquirrel

Hmm.. I have NOT tried that. I'll try that out and let you guys know my findings.  Probably not until tomorrow since I've used up my allotted Rimworld time today. :D

Hey folks!  I got the cooking tools working!  I'm not sure if it was moving the mod to the bottom or moving something up.  But I'm suspecting moving cooking tools to the bottom did help.  Now, what's that mod that locks doors which I cannot now unlock? :O

Thundercraft

Quote from: dismar on January 17, 2017, 05:11:05 PM
Quote from: asquirrel on January 17, 2017, 05:06:45 PM...Do you think miniaturization mod would cause this problem?

Have you tried moving it to the bottom of the list. THEN building a new electric stove?

The miniaturization mod must be at or near the bottom of our mod load order in order to work right. I learned this the hard way. Any mod with buildings (etc.) located after miniaturization in your mod load order will not be recognized as having miniaturization support.

However, I believe a lack of the ability to minify certain furniture or buildings should be the only consequence of miniaturisation being in the wrong order.