Pyromaniacs meditating with fire

Started by Fakeaccount123, May 29, 2020, 12:26:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fakeaccount123

I suggest a new meditation type. Only available to pyromaniacs. They should be able to meditate watching at a torch or a campfire.

lugaruclone

Oh man that one feels like a good fit with the other alternatives provided so far (art, graves, blank wall).

eBae

YES! I had this exact thought and came here to see if it was already posted. I love the idea of meditation focus types, but I thought it was a bit of a missed opportunity that Pyromaniacs weren't given a unique focus that allowed them to meditate using campfires, torches, braziers and so on. As something exclusive to Pyros (which many people don't allow anywhere near their colonies, and if they do it's in low numbers) it could be made into a pretty powerful focus method without disrupting balance at all. Would be a neat little upside of keeping a Pyro around.

eBae

Sorry for the double post, but I really liked this idea so I tried to learn a bit about modding and make it myself. I think I have it working pretty much perfectly now, so I'll post it on the steam workshop tomorrow or the next day.

EDIT: Okie dokie, here's my stab at it: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2118491305&searchtext=

Liwet

The biggest problem with the pyros is they set your own stuff on fire.  It wouldn't be such a drawback if they went into the wilderness and set a fire there.  Maybe even got a positive moodlet based on how many fires are in their vicinity.

Would be nice if they had their own needs bar for setting a fire, maybe having the bar take 16 days to deplete, so they set a fire once per quadrum.  If it does deplete, they have they break the same way current pyros do and set your own stuff on fire.

The pyromaniac trait would still be a bad one, just not as bad.

Fakeaccount123

Quote from: eBae on June 03, 2020, 10:43:38 PM
Sorry for the double post, but I really liked this idea so I tried to learn a bit about modding and make it myself. I think I have it working pretty much perfectly now, so I'll post it on the steam workshop tomorrow or the next day.

EDIT: Okie dokie, here's my stab at it: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2118491305&searchtext=

Cool thanks for sharing it