Royal bed: to be or not to be?..

Started by B@R5uk, December 09, 2019, 06:49:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

B@R5uk

So I have this nice little happy colony with almost full mood bars and my pawns get inspired. A LOT. Among others there is of course inspired creativity. Usually I force them (through save-load) to build some useful legendary items like assault rifles and medical beds, billiards and poker tables. But the latter two ones my colony already has and ther former ones I can't build 'cause I started as tribe and still don't have researches needed.

So I start wondering if I should spend these creativity inspirations on something like private beds for couples, which my colony has a lot (it's practically based on couples). Pros is obvious: high comfort and a BIG multiplier for rest efficiency (x1.25 for masterwork, not sure still how large it is for legendary quality). This efficiency consideration leads to desire to squeeze all the juice I can from the bed by making it Royal Bed. This adds another x1.05 multiplier and gives x1.31 rest efficiency for masterwork and much more for legendary bed.

But! There comes another consideration: I should make such useful bed as durable as I can! Which means they should be made from plasteel: 560 HP against 200 HP for steel. Granite is not good as any stone due to x0.90 rest efficiency multiplier for them. And there come the cons: too large a market value. Plasteel royalbed will costs 1795 silvers for normal quality (round off from 1796) and x5 (which is 8980 silvers) for legendary quality. This is 3 times the price of all 10+ skill-leveled character(!) and 8 times ordinary ones!!!

So I'm so much torn between choices I can't even continue to play! What should I choose?! Legendary steel ordinary bed and forget all the efficiency? Legendary plasteel ordinary bed for better durability? Or strife for efficiency and make legendary steel royalbed? It will costs only 4350 silvers. Or go all out? But then, my colony total value is only 215000. Please help!

ReZpawner

168% sleep efficiency. If money is no object, use jade for the royal bed, as it doesn't mess up the comfort, and it'll set the flamable to 0%. As a bonus, it'll look beautiful.

B@R5uk

Well, flammability is another concern of course, but not the urgent one. My colony is all rocks and caves so there is not so much stuff the fire can spread on. Bugs spawns is what I fear for my legendary furniture. And jade is not the solution as it has x0.50 multiplier for HP.

B@R5uk

In the end I decided to go all out with legedary plasteel royal bed. And I don't regret. It turned out this item costs only 4795 silver, my previous estimation was proved to be wrong. There is a cap on how much legendary quality multiplier can add to the price of an item. For royal bed it's 3000 silver. So, this bed has good funtionality, adds stats to the room (wealth is first of all, then beauty) and and not that much bloats total colony wealth. Well, it bloats, yes, but tolerably.