[A13] [OVERHAUL] [WIP] Rimworld Ascension v1.0.1 (23.04.16)

Started by Wivex, May 22, 2016, 07:15:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SmartererThanYou

I found that if I remove MainTabDefs from Defs, it fixes the Hud problem. (But also causes me not to be able to research anything, or see the pre-placement of blueprints *Where you can rotate/place the blueprint*)

newcadence

I played this mod up to the point where (i think) i've explored all of the current content. great mod, needs a lot of bugfixes but has lots of potential.

Wivex

Quote from: Evrlost on May 24, 2016, 06:43:39 PM
Any chance a hay animal mat can be added in so you can at least stop the bleeding of your animals?

It will be added with next update.

Quote from: SmartererThanYou on May 24, 2016, 07:16:12 PM
I found that if I remove MainTabDefs from Defs, it fixes the Hud problem. (But also causes me not to be able to research anything, or see the pre-placement of blueprints *Where you can rotate/place the blueprint*)

That's actually a good info. I think i know what causes the problem then.

Daïkï97427

Quote from: Wivex on May 24, 2016, 05:41:24 PM
Ofc it will be. I still need to resolve the general problem of how to survive in mountain tundra without starting wood and mining available, but i'll figure it out one way or another.

And campfire is not yet properly balanced too, it should obviously generate much more heat, for example.
Survive in tundra / Ice sheet ? no problemo : Igloo by icewall , same system for harvesting Hay from grass :p

Wivex

Last time i saw it there were no grass.
But i intend to change the game start event, by adding some wood amount to the looting of ship part wreck and replacing some of the flying metal debris with meteorites, which would spawn stone cobbles on landing. It would provide starting pool of wood and cobble stones, so you could craft additional tools and some other things from the beginning.

Daïkï97427

Quote from: Wivex on May 25, 2016, 04:06:57 AM
Last time i saw it there were no grass.
But i intend to change the game start event, by adding some wood amount to the looting of ship part wreck and replacing some of the flying metal debris with meteorites, which would spawn stone cobbles on landing. It would provide starting pool of wood and cobble stones, so you could craft additional tools and some other things from the beginning.
Great amount ? Because , i don't see 5 survivor with a pile of 125 wood at ice sheet :d

Wivex

I'll try different values, but i want to provide only essential minimum.

SmartererThanYou

Quote from: SmartererThanYou on May 24, 2016, 07:16:12 PM

That's actually a good info. I think i know what causes the problem then.
[/quote]

I guessed it would be their since it seemed to be the only thing affecting the layout of the HUD

Daïkï97427

after 8 seasons passed , have to say : Tomahawk is freakin OP as hell , headshot at 75% of the time assure a one shot kill and have a far range.
Too many pawns on your side , with no food preservations make it so hard :d than i have to cut the flesh out of thoses feral tribes :d
+ What the totem do ? It will be cool if the totem become a gatherer point . Put the totem at the middle of the village :p
+ Even cool if have ...Social rank ? like chief ? Warchief ? i don't even know if this is even possible.

Wivex

Totems are gonna be statue replacement for neolithic + gathering point, yes. We are currently working on CR implementation with some changes to it, so no reason to do hasty changes to the combat balance yet.

Nelrea

Bug - 1. I can make a deadfall trap but i cant move it so it just sits there next to where i made it.... armed  :o
         2. I know you cant make shields and stalls yet but some of the other recipes are missing too. from what i remember deadfall trap and figurines. you can still craft them tho.

Question - How can i make raw adobe blocks and can i make bone armor yet?

Awesome so far tho guys!!! :D

Wivex

Quote from: Nelrea on May 25, 2016, 05:34:12 PM
I can make a deadfall trap but i cant move it so it just sits there next to where i made it.... armed

It's a placeholder for now, since i'm gonna change how traps work in the future. First, they will be used as hunting traps, attracting animals by baits and killing\weakening them. Second, i 'll try to find a way to use them in combat (vanilla trap system doesn't work properly, cause making traps have a chance to spring on your colonists leads to situation when people never use traps at all. And not making them work like that would lead to boring killing mazes of traps, which i try to avoid to. I don't want traps to be an ultimate solution for defence.)

I know you cant make shields and stalls yet but some of the other recipes are missing too. from what i remember deadfall trap and figurines. you can still craft them tho.

Yeah, figurines are part of the "crafts" system, which would make a base for your colony economy. Each tech stage will have new "for sale only" crafts types (figurines for neolithic, jewelry for medieval and so on), which would require a lot of work and skill, but provide the most profit. They will be the main source of trade income gain, so you could trade for resources your colony could not aquire via mining\gathering\growing and somehow find on map. Overall, there will be slightly different trade system than in vanilla, mainly due to it's role in gameplay, which will be dramatically increased.

Hmm,i i've just figured out that you can't :D. But don't worry, next version will be much more playable and with more features. We've just started to gather a proper team, but the progress is already much better than it was before, when i've been working almost alone. And there is no reason for now to make small patches for each individual bug, since there are too much other stuff to do first. I think we'll be making a monthly updates, or smth like that.

Bone armor, as well as most of the weapon/armor types won't be available for crafting, but you could loot or buy them. That is essential for loot and trade system to make any sence in such game. But you will alsays be able to craft basic apparels and weapons for each tech stage.

Daïkï97427

Quote from: Wivex on May 25, 2016, 07:12:00 PM
I can make a deadfall trap but i cant move it so it just sits there next to where i made it.... armed

It's a placeholder for now, since i'm gonna change how traps work in the future. First, they will be used as hunting traps, attracting animals by baits and killing\weakening them. Second, i 'll try to find a way to use them in combat (vanilla trap system doesn't work properly, cause making traps have a chance to spring on your colonists leads to situation when people never use traps at all. And not making them work like that would lead to boring killing mazes of traps, which i try to avoid to. I don't want traps to be an ultimate solution for defence.)

I know you cant make shields and stalls yet but some of the other recipes are missing too. from what i remember deadfall trap and figurines. you can still craft them tho.

Yeah, figurines are part of the "crafts" system, which would make a base for your colony economy. Each tech stage will have new "for sale only" crafts types (figurines for neolithic, jewelry for medieval and so on), which would require a lot of work and skill, but provide the most profit. They will be the main source of trade income gain, so you could trade for resources your colony could not aquire via mining\gathering\growing and somehow find on map. Overall, there will be slightly different trade system than in vanilla, mainly due to it's role in gameplay, which will be dramatically increased.

Hmm,i i've just figured out that you can't :D. But don't worry, next version will be much more playable and with more features. We've just started to gather a proper team, but the progress is already much better than it was before, when i've been working almost alone. And there is no reason for now to make small patches for each individual bug, since there are too much other stuff to do first. I think we'll be making a monthly updates, or smth like that.

Bone armor, as well as most of the weapon/armor types won't be available for crafting, but you could loot or buy them. That is essential for loot and trade system to make any sence in such game. But you will alsays be able to craft basic apparels and weapons for each tech stage.

Wut the hell bone research at the research bench is for then ? :o Don't tell me .. Bone flour :O

Wivex

I haven't mentioned that before, but research in RA not only requires ingridients, but has an advanced benefit for completion. Some of them add new designators (like farming allows to designate grow zones), others allow using additional stuff types for crafting, and so on. Bone carving and masonry allow to craft bone/stone weapons and tools respectively, but they both require carpentry too for those recipes (researching carpentry won't allow you to make certain types of weapons itself, but if you also research masonry, you could make a stone axe. If you research bone carving and carpentry, you could make bone axe of the same type). Meaning that some things require single researches made only (like in vanilla), others require a few combined. And they not only open new things, but also change existing ones.

All those effects will be properly represented in research descriptions later.

P.S. i've also made that you can actually choose what result type will the recipe product have. If you make axe (which requires wood + bone/stone, all of which are stuff materials), you can get either bone axe or stone axe, depending on what material you use. (Vanilla doesn't have such selection. It would also make "wooden" axe from time to time. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯)

Daïkï97427

Quote from: Wivex on May 26, 2016, 01:53:23 AM
I haven't mentioned that before, but research in RA not only requires ingridients, but has an advanced benefit for completion. Some of them add new designators (like farming allows to designate grow zones), others allow using additional stuff types for crafting, and so on. Bone carving and masonry allow to craft bone/stone weapons and tools respectively, but they both require carpentry too for those recipes (researching carpentry won't allow you to make certain types of weapons itself, but if you also research masonry, you could make a stone axe. If you research bone carving and carpentry, you could make bone axe of the same type). Meaning that some things require single researches made only (like in vanilla), others require a few combined. And they not only open new things, but also change existing ones.

All those effects will be properly represented in research descriptions later.

P.S. i've also made that you can actually choose what result type will the recipe product have. If you make axe (which requires wood + bone/stone, all of which are stuff materials), you can get either bone axe or stone axe, depending on what material you use. (Vanilla doesn't have such selection. It would also make "wooden" axe from time to time. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯)

Yep i noticed that . + it is normal in a raid of 10-15 feral tribe . One of them have a charge rifle O.o