[1.0] Orassans 🐱

Started by Diana Winters, July 28, 2016, 11:05:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

I plan on changing the look of the Orassans to more match the added storyteller. Do you want this?

Yes; I want a more cat-like look
No; keep the neko look
I don't care

noidea

Quote from: StyleDragonLP on September 01, 2016, 12:23:24 PM
I think you should restart the vote and put a note there that everyone should First THINK about Their choice (just like the britians and americaner with their Brexit and Trump)
Yeah, we wouldn't want idiots voting for Remain or Crooked Hillary then complain about democracy not working for them.

I personally prefer my nekos more human-like than furry-like. I know it's legal in some countries..., but Khajiit are scum and cute is justice.

averagedog

Khajiit has Wares if You have Coins :3

As for the short Breakfast and Drumpf debate we have going. Lets nip it in the bud and just say people in general, no matter what you believe or whom you support, need to stop believing everything they see on your typical major news corporation and do your own research.

Diana Winters

Quote from: averagedog on September 01, 2016, 12:13:27 PM
It is my belief that any western internet user that likes cat girls but is not into the whole Japanese culture aspect of it are actually closet furries. Which is nothing to be ashamed of. Furries have technically existed for thousands of years. Just look at Egyptian History. It starts with an appreciation for anthropomorphic art of your favorite animal. Or perhaps it starts with Disney (Seriously Disney? Seriously?) But then... THEY GET YA and soon you will find yourself browsing art sharing websites like Tumblr, DeviantArt, InkBunny, Furaffinity...

But I kid.

I'm sure some people voted yes for the immersion/lore and the addition to game mechanics. Such as claws. Seriously. In one of my A14 games My brawler Orassan (with a bad back. is it just me or do Orassans have a penchant for having bad backs and spines?) when berserk and killed 3 of my human colonists and the entire husky family before he calmed down. He effectively ethnically cleansed the entire colony. I wish I still had the screenshots :(

Orassans have a shorter life expectancy than Humans (though I should change that, seeing as Orassans have advanced gene engineering technology and have since fixed that) so they tend to spawn with more age ailments. In future updates I may change the life expectancy to be the same as humans.

Edit: Fixed; I assume you were using the EPOE patch?

AtomicRavioli

Quote from: Diana Winters on September 01, 2016, 04:42:57 PM
Quote from: averagedog on September 01, 2016, 12:13:27 PM
It is my belief that any western internet user that likes cat girls but is not into the whole Japanese culture aspect of it are actually closet furries. Which is nothing to be ashamed of. Furries have technically existed for thousands of years. Just look at Egyptian History. It starts with an appreciation for anthropomorphic art of your favorite animal. Or perhaps it starts with Disney (Seriously Disney? Seriously?) But then... THEY GET YA and soon you will find yourself browsing art sharing websites like Tumblr, DeviantArt, InkBunny, Furaffinity...

But I kid.

I'm sure some people voted yes for the immersion/lore and the addition to game mechanics. Such as claws. Seriously. In one of my A14 games My brawler Orassan (with a bad back. is it just me or do Orassans have a penchant for having bad backs and spines?) when berserk and killed 3 of my human colonists and the entire husky family before he calmed down. He effectively ethnically cleansed the entire colony. I wish I still had the screenshots :(

Orassans have a shorter life expectancy than Humans (though I should change that, seeing as Orassans have advanced gene engineering technology and have since fixed that) so they tend to spawn with more age ailments. In future updates I may change the life expectancy to be the same as humans.

You can make new HediffGiversets with different age weighting to counteract that. I did so for my Crystalloid mod, because their lifespan is vastly longer than a Human's (which translates into them almost guaranteed at getting age related hediffs not far down the line).

for instance, Humanity's bad back chances:
      <li Class="HediffGiver_Birthday">
        <hediff>BadBack</hediff>
        <partsToAffect>
          <li>Torso</li>
        </partsToAffect>
        <ageFractionChanceCurve>
          <points>
            <li>(0.5, 0)</li>
            <li>(0.625, 0.0093)</li>
            <li>(0.75, 0.01395)</li>
            <li>(0.875, 0.01395)</li>
            <li>(1, 0.0186)</li>
          </points>
        </ageFractionChanceCurve>
      </li>

And the edits I made, which weight the chances of them getting it closer to the end of their lives (instead of half way through):
      <li Class="HediffGiver_Birthday">
        <hediff>BadBack</hediff>
        <partsToAffect>
          <li>CrystalHumanTorso</li>
        </partsToAffect>
        <ageFractionChanceCurve>
          <points>
            <li>(0.5, 0)</li>
            <li>(0.90, 0.0093)</li>
            <li>(0.95, 0.01395)</li>
            <li>(0.975, 0.01395)</li>
            <li>(1, 0.0186)</li>
          </points>
        </ageFractionChanceCurve>
      </li>

Diana Winters

Quote from: AtomicRavioli on September 01, 2016, 05:01:51 PM
<snip>

Orassans are (lore wise) only have (had) a slightly shorter lifespan than humans; so it's much easier to just give them the same lifespan as humans.

Diana Winters

Pink Omega

May I ask...When the mod will be updated to A15?

<=To Be Continued/\/

Diana Winters

Quote from: Pink Omega on September 07, 2016, 01:04:19 PM

No, you may not ask. It should be self explanatory when you see that it requires CCL.

Aatxe360

Do you have plans to also put it on Steam Workshop when CCL and this are updated?

dismar

Is this going to be done before a16? :)

Diana Winters

Quote from: Aatxe360 on September 07, 2016, 03:15:47 PM
Do you have plans to also put it on Steam Workshop when CCL and this are updated?

It's already on the steam workshop

Quote from: dismar on September 07, 2016, 03:58:23 PM
Is this going to be done before a16? :)

You know that I can't update till CCL does. Please don't antagonize me.

fluffyxai

It definitely sucks we can't enjoy this mod with A15 until the CCL team updates. I can totally imagine a lot of work must have to go into that though. sounds like they are working on it.

Cus CCL is what seems to be the most broken with A15, and again I can imagine why. I just hope it all gets fixed soon, cus this mod has quickly become one of my favourites :3
I'll just have to play on A14 for now I guess.

I just finished making some cat versions of some of my favourite hairstyles too XD I really want to try making a bunch of unique hairs too, I already made one. But I have a question, when you're making hairstyles, is there a particular set of rules you have to follow for where the heads work? is there a base to go off or anything?

Thanks for the hard work ans awesome mod!
- X^'

Pink Omega

Quote from: Diana Winters on September 07, 2016, 02:52:25 PM
Quote from: Pink Omega on September 07, 2016, 01:04:19 PM

No, you may not ask. It should be self explanatory when you see that it requires CCL.
Okay...Sorry for that question, I wasn't antagonizing you. I started playing Rimworld like two or three months ago, lmao. Didn't know about the CCL thing. I didn't even know about this mod at A14.

(((((sorry for my bad english)))))

<=To Be Continued/\/

Diana Winters

Quote from: fluffyxai on September 09, 2016, 03:26:17 PM
It definitely sucks we can't enjoy this mod with A15 until the CCL team updates. I can totally imagine a lot of work must have to go into that though. sounds like they are working on it.

Cus CCL is what seems to be the most broken with A15, and again I can imagine why. I just hope it all gets fixed soon, cus this mod has quickly become one of my favourites :3
I'll just have to play on A14 for now I guess.

I just finished making some cat versions of some of my favourite hairstyles too XD I really want to try making a bunch of unique hairs too, I already made one. But I have a question, when you're making hairstyles, is there a particular set of rules you have to follow for where the heads work? is there a base to go off or anything?

Thanks for the hard work ans awesome mod!

I just modified the hairs from vanilla. Just tacked on cat ears. However, if I add cat heads, the way the ears are added may change. I plan on attaching them to the head and cutting holes in the hair for the ears to be seen through.

Aatxe360

Quote from: Diana Winters on September 08, 2016, 12:52:18 AM
Quote from: Aatxe360 on September 07, 2016, 03:15:47 PM

It's already on the steam workshop

May you provide a link in your OP to the Steam Workshop page?