Alpha Animals (aka Vanilla Friendly Animals)

Started by A Friend, December 15, 2015, 11:00:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you want an early release? We can do that if wanted, but the animals won't have the special abilities (Like projectile attacks) that was planned for them.

Release it early, I'd like some variety now. This human leather chair that I sit on cannot hold my patience any longer.
6 (37.5%)
Heck no. Why wouldn't you want to see the Gallatross throw nuke rocks!? That's heresy!
10 (62.5%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Voting closed: February 10, 2016, 06:48:44 AM

Toggle

Quote from: A Friend on January 16, 2016, 12:55:37 AM
Lockjaw for Jungle biomes

You know, since it's named "Lockjaw", it has some interesting possibilities. Like the snake, it could infect people with it's own special hediff, similar to actual lockjaw, which would lock the bitten person/animal/anything's mouth. Basically would only make it longer to eat, but it would be interesting.
Selling broken colonist souls for two thousand gold. Accepting cash or credit.

A Friend

Quote from: Z0MBIE2 on January 16, 2016, 01:28:27 AM
Quote from: A Friend on January 16, 2016, 12:55:37 AM
Lockjaw for Jungle biomes

You know, since it's named "Lockjaw", it has some interesting possibilities. Like the snake, it could infect people with it's own special hediff, similar to actual lockjaw, which would lock the bitten person/animal/anything's mouth. Basically would only make it longer to eat, but it would be interesting.
It originally had an open jaw, http://product-images.imshopping.com/nimblebuy/simply-delicious-1154782-1926762-regular.jpg
But I changed it cause I thought it would be weird to see an animal go :U all the time.

But that's a pretty good idea. Assuming it doesn't tear the limb off first though, which is unlikely.
"For you, the day Randy graced your colony with a game-ending raid was the most memorable part of your game. But for Cassandra, it was Tuesday"

Squiggly lines you call drawings aka "My Deviantart page"

Toggle

Quote from: A Friend on January 16, 2016, 01:32:05 AM
But that's a pretty good idea. Assuming it doesn't tear the limb off first though, which is unlikely.

Oh, yeah, forgot about that part. Well, it could be that the torn off limb is still infected by whatever is in it's mouth causing it. Owell.

LittleGreenStone

Speaking of special hediffs,
an unlikely idea, but how about a "thing" that latches on to a pawn, like piece of gear, and would require surgery to remove it?
Could cause bleeding/infection/pain and even slow down the pawn in the meanwhile.

Would be quite special, and a real pain in the ass.
For you too, as it'd probably require extra textures.  ;D

Toggle

Would be complicated in the sense it would have to disappear and become a hediff and texture like a shirt.

A Friend

Nightling (WIP, Getting. too. lazy... bloop)(Edit, It's done.)

Gonna be it for Batch 2.
Razorjack's gonna appear later.

Some ideas for future animals:
- Spitbug (An armored snail that spits charge projectiles at you.)
- Ironhusk Beetles (A trader bought insect that yields steel when butchered. Eats wood though.)
- Maybe a fluffy snow variant of the spider, Tundralisk or maybe Blizzarisk?
- Maybe a harmless mechanoid that eats grass and trees then yields nutrient paste when butchered/disassembled.

Edits!
"For you, the day Randy graced your colony with a game-ending raid was the most memorable part of your game. But for Cassandra, it was Tuesday"

LittleGreenStone

A Friend

Never played borderlands unfortunately. I got the idea from a google search image. Can't find it anywhere though.

skullywag

Just confirming im still all over this. Have all animals ingame and working, just adding all the crazy...
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Axel

Maybe a creature akin to Man-Thing. So a big hulking creature made up of vegetation that's susceptible to fire but can move through shallow water easily and has a heavy hit. And instead of dropping meat it'll drop Vegetables and some wood. However because we dont have swamps it can be from the jungle and be named Jungle-Thing.

A Friend

Quote from: Axel on January 29, 2016, 10:23:21 PM
Maybe a creature akin to Man-Thing. So a big hulking creature made up of vegetation that's susceptible to fire but can move through shallow water easily and has a heavy hit. And instead of dropping meat it'll drop Vegetables and some wood. However because we dont have swamps it can be from the jungle and be named Jungle-Thing.

Swamp ogres!

Maybe I could make it as a rare Jungle specific legendary thing. Incredibly high resistance to bullets and blunt weapons but not so much against fire. Your killbox can't save you now!

Axel

Ooooo batch 3 could be biome specific legendaries.
As for the killbox, seems like people are trying fire killboxes now ha-ha.

A Friend

Hmm, I pretty much just use the batches to take breaks and focus on procrastinating other stuffs. Maybe I could make a poll asking about what people want me to focus on. Gathering ideas and stuff and then creating that kind of animal as a whole batch of maybe 5-8

Edit: But, nah... I believe focusing on one type would drain my imagination out pretty quickly...

LittleGreenStone

Axel

Ha-ha. I know what you mean about "other stuff" when it comes to creative projects.
Definitely wouldnt want you getting burnt out on this so go with what you think is the best way to approach your it.
However still looking at legendaries and thinking of creatures made up of vegetation maybe a tall thin creature made out of mushroom that has a ranged poison attack and when killed splits into two of it, of course smaller, that behave the same and drop a healing mushroom on the level of gliterworld medicine and another mushroom that gives a good high to colonists that's very valuable to exotic traders. Maybe if trained could possibly be used to harvest said mushrooms. Seeing as mushrooms don't grow well in heat maybe they'd be exclusive to boreal and temperate forests. (Not sure how feasible he'd be though what with the whole splitting)
Now going of splitting I thought of maybe something similar to the hydra with a poisonous attack as well and when "killed" it splits and then splits again whe n those two are split. Drops a valuable type of leather thats both thick and ready for battle and also very beautiful. Wouldn't be biome specific and as for legendary status that could work either way.
Again though that's assuming you guys can come up with a way to do the whole "splitting" thing.