[MOD] (Alpha 6) Superior Crafting v2.11: The Stim Fix! [Updated]

Started by Abrexus, August 14, 2014, 07:39:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What do you think of the shooting range?  Would you like to see more skill enhancing buildings?

Yes
0 (0%)
No
0 (0%)
I've never used it
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: August 23, 2014, 06:24:29 PM

Colca7

Quote from: ayoblub on August 18, 2014, 02:56:51 PM
Sadly as mac user I noticed that this mod is windows only (dll library). Do you see any possibility to develop a mac port of this mod in the future?

Hey Man, It will work just fine on the Mac. I've been enjoying this mod on my mac for a few days now with no problems.
Simply download the mod, right-click on your Rimworld app and choose "show package contents". Inside is a folder called "mods". Drop your downloaded mod into the "mods" folder and your good to go. When you open your Rimworld app just click on the mods tab and make sure the mod you want to run has a green check next to it. This will work for any of the mods.

Colca7

Quote from: theubie on August 18, 2014, 04:38:41 PM
Working on a Let's Play for 1.08a.  Will probably have it up today sometime.
I love let's plays. Post a link of it when your ready so I can watch!

Abrexus

Quote from: Florence on August 18, 2014, 03:57:53 PM
Hey man I've been playing this all day now and I just wanted to say thanks for all your hard work on the mod.

Thank you and everyone for the support!  I look forward to the lets play by theubie as well!  I did alot of testing today again, and confirmed that the bunker targeting issue is fixed.  I spawned over a dozen groups of enemies, and haven't had a single issue now.  Version 1.09 is out with an upgrade to the turret range for the bunker and sentry turret.

I did also test the siege issue, and yes, the game will not spawn the correct resources for them to build their siege base.  I tried a few work-arounds to see if I could get it working.  If anyone has any suggestions, please feel free to PM me.  I also am planning a teamspeak event if you would like to join me and brainstorm for what should be added in version 2.0.  I'll be posting details on that later this evening.

theubie

Ran into technical difficulties, so since 1.09 is out, I'll switch to that before I start.

harpuea

Despite the bugs, I want to tell you that I am having more fun on this than other mods. It is harder. Maybe I am a masochist. Haha.

For the sieges bug:

The enemies put down their build plan for sand bags first then they immediately got that on their build order and move to grab sand. However, they appears to need to move to their designated spot first before they get their supply drop. So they run to grab yours.

I suggest for a fix that you make 2 Sandbag recipes. One for the player where we require sand to build and one recipe for the bandits where they don't require sand.

Not sure if that possible to make something exclusive use to NPC or Player. If you can't then dodge the whole thing and simply buff the sand required sand bags and call them Hesco barriers. And the cheap none sand required one simply sandbags. That way they bandits can keep their free to build sandbags and your mod get even more item diversity. If you want, you can lock the upgraded sandbags behind a research tree in Construction somewhere. It is kind of like a middle ground between sandbags and Embrasures.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hesco_bastion

Abrexus

Quote from: harpuea on August 18, 2014, 07:25:51 PM
Despite the bugs, I want to tell you that I am having more fun on this than other mods. It is harder. Maybe I am a masochist. Haha.

For the sieges bug:

The enemies put down their build plan for sand bags first then they immediately got that on their build order and move to grab sand. However, they appears to need to move to their designated spot first before they get their supply drop. So they run to grab yours.

I suggest for a fix that you make 2 Sandbag recipes. One for the player where we require sand to build and one recipe for the bandits where they don't require sand.

Not sure if that possible to make something exclusive use to NPC or Player. If you can't then simply buff the sand required sand bags and call them Hesco barriers. And the cheap none sand required one simply sandbags. That way they bandits can keep their free to build sandbags and your mod get even more item diversity. If you want, you can lock the upgraded sandbags behind a research tree in Construction somewhere. It is kind of like a middle ground between sandbags and Embrasures.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hesco_bastion

That's a good idea.  I'm testing it now.  I tried something similar by changing sandbags back to metal, and removing <designationCategory> from the sandbags so the player couldn't see them in the build menu, but apparently that blocks the AI as well.  My mod doesn't have anything in it that changes the map generation, so I know it can't be that.  I'm going to change the items raiders build back to the default costs and see if that fixes the issue.

**edit**

Ok, so I tried your suggestion, and the problem appears to be that the raiders drop pods are not dropping any resources at all.  Even changing everything back to the default resource costs they end up starting with nothing....even the survival packs they normally start with aren't spawning.

harpuea

I tried fooling around and I see that the enemy siege build order becomes my build order.

IE: 36 Buildings are missing materials on the Lower Right Notification

Without any mods at all, that doesn't shows up. Somehow it became my buildings instead.

Edit:

Got them to siege properly.

All I did was make sure the formatting was correct in your Building_Security from ThingsDef. Pasted the original format from Core. Just for the sandbags and nothing else.

What program are you using? I am using Notepad++ which preserves all formatting. Highly recommended from me.

Abrexus

Quote from: harpuea on August 18, 2014, 08:13:25 PM
I tried fooling around and I see that the enemy siege build order becomes my build order.

IE: 36 Buildings are missing materials on the Lower Right Notification

Without any mods at all, that doesn't shows up. Somehow it became my buildings instead.

Edit:

Got them to siege properly.

All I did was make sure the formatting was correct in your Building_Security from ThingsDef. Pasted the original format from Core. Just for the sandbags and nothing else.

What program are you using? I am using Notepad++ which preserves all formatting. Highly recommended from me.

Fixed the bug....turns out the problem was there is a new variable under building tags for mortars <li>Artillery_BaseDestroyer</li> that I was missing.  What was happening was the siege event would start, then hang as it was laying out the blueprints because it couldn't find a mortar with the correct tag to build.  Apparently the resources spawn after the blueprint is created, and since it never finished the blueprint, nothing was spawned.  I uploaded the new version and it now is all working properly!

Silent_Lamb

Since I'm here I'd just like to make one suggestion, something that would be real quality of life for me and I'm sure a lot of other people.

Wireless power is a reality that exists today. Perhaps not in such grandiose regards as sending it from one room to another but this is suppose to be the future.

I think it would be cool if something existed that let you wireless transmit power. Maybe have it as a powerV research and maybe be a one to one thing to balance?

I'm not even sure this is a possibility but it would be really cool.

theubie

Actually, first attempt is a Let's Fail.  Colony was wiped out in 30 minutes.  Editing and encoding now.  I'll have it up in a bit.  Will do another one later on.  Trying to showcase the features of the mod while also having a challenging game wasn't the best of ideas...

CosmicKobal

This COULD just be me making a stupid mistake and over looking something, but I cant seem to get the Agave tank to work. I have the tank set up like this:

|XXXX
|OTHX
|------

the X's are empty space, the dashes and pipes are power line(also empty space). the O is the part of the tank that is circular and tan/green and dark grey. the 'T' is the part that has the red cross on it. the 'H' is the hopper filled with 30 something agave gel.

any suggestions on how to get this this to work? I can't select it as a command and My colonists don't seem to head to it when they get injured.

Abrexus

You have to take control of the colonist and then right click the tank and man it.

CounterFact

I was quite succesful with my last colony. I had 20 or so colonists and enough resources to build anything I wanted. Yet I didn't start on my spaceship for a long time, because I didn't have a advaned AI chip for my ship. Is there any way you could ad something to craft that. Techlab perhaps? Some extra spaceship parts would be nice too, because as it is at the moment you can't build any interesting designs for it.

Anyway, it's just an idea since my colony ended up getting wrecked pretty bad because of the crazy rays for scarabs and my guys (I really hate those, any way to add some 'happy pills' to the game?). I think I would've made it out with some guys otherwise.

Jerethi50

Hey dunno if your not getting my pm's or something abrexus but i sent ya my email and i'm waiting on the source code, Im more than willing to help ya out with this mod and provide some ideas.

Abrexus

Quote from: CounterFact on August 19, 2014, 11:18:08 AM
I was quite succesful with my last colony. I had 20 or so colonists and enough resources to build anything I wanted. Yet I didn't start on my spaceship for a long time, because I didn't have a advaned AI chip for my ship. Is there any way you could ad something to craft that. Techlab perhaps? Some extra spaceship parts would be nice too, because as it is at the moment you can't build any interesting designs for it.

Anyway, it's just an idea since my colony ended up getting wrecked pretty bad because of the crazy rays for scarabs and my guys (I really hate those, any way to add some 'happy pills' to the game?). I think I would've made it out with some guys otherwise.

There will be something new to add happiness in version 2.0 which I'm working on at the moment.  I think you'll like it!  Great base BTW!  As for the advanced AI chip, that is a drop from a mob, but I suppose it could be added as a crafted item requiring a high crafting skill.  What does everyone think?