Quadrum Names

Started by UltimateTobi, November 26, 2018, 06:44:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shurp

Quote from: dburgdorf on November 28, 2018, 09:48:34 AM
A game map's seasonal temperature variation is indeed based on its latitude. (I know this because I just added the option to "Realistic Planets" to adjust a planet's axial tilt, which increases or decreases the extent of the latitude-based seasonal temperature variations.)

Neat, Rimworld is smarter than I thought.  And it sounds like I should check out that mod.  Does it allow you to create unrealistic worlds with 90' axial tilts or tidal locked so one side is always facing the sun?
If you give an annoying colonist a parka before banishing him to the ice sheet you'll only get a -3 penalty instead of -5.

And don't forget that the pirates chasing a refugee are often better recruits than the refugee is.

dburgdorf

Quote from: Shurp on November 28, 2018, 06:22:11 PMAnd it sounds like I should check out that mod.  Does it allow you to create unrealistic worlds with 90' axial tilts or tidal locked so one side is always facing the sun?

Unfortunately, changes that extreme would require far more extensive changes to planet generation than I've figured out how to manage yet.  ;)

(Even the changes I've made, which allow you to have seasonal variations significantly greater than in the vanilla game, are technically incomplete, inasmuch as I've not yet tracked down everything I'd need to change in order to alter the game's day/night cycling.)
- Rainbeau Flambe (aka Darryl Burgdorf) -
Old. Short. Grumpy. Bearded. "Yeah, I'm a dorf."

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

Kirby23590

I might not be a huge person who came from an university and more of an high school kid who didn't attend a university since it's too expensive...

But i think i kinda prefer Spring, Summer, Fall and Winter more than those... It's way too fast for it to become Halloween and Christmas in the rims with Septober & Decembary along with happy new years in those planets... :P

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.