A few small suggestions

Started by Perlex, June 11, 2016, 02:43:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Perlex

Hey,
I have a few small suggestions for the game that I would like to see implemented.

• I think a few of the small wild animals, exspecially tortoises, should be made easier to kill for predators. I had to rescue my wargs countless times because they picked a fight with a tortoise and somehow lost. I can't see a 200kg predator with razor sharp teeth loose against a small, immobile foe.
  • Downed wild animals should be killed instantly by a hunter. Sometimes I see my hunters shooting another 5 shots at them before they finally kill the poor animal. No matter how bad they are at aiming, they can't miss an immobile animal from a 1m distance.
  • There should be a warning when one of my colonists gets near a hungry predator. I've lost countless colonists because they got attacked by a grizzly while trying to pick something up in the wilderness. They get stunned and killed and I can't watch them everytime they leave the colony.
  • I would like to see a "Stop harvesting" option for my growing zones. I don't want my colonists to waste time harvesting crops at the end of the summer when my pantry is already full.
  • A few of the longer lasting catastrophe texts need revising. They often say that the catastrophe could last months, but there are no months in the game anymore. Nothing major, but it could confuse new players that buy the game on steam.
  • Again nothing major, but I would like to see fixed dates for weddings (and maybe partys). I guess my colonists don't just say: "Hey, how about we marry right now?"  :P

☢FLAY☢

You definitely have me with Number 1.

Songleaves

In general predators can't kill tortoises. Here's a video of lion trying to eat tortoise and failing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTn2MZTu_3k

Although I agree that the tortoises shouldn't be able to take out your larger animals.

Toggle

#4, it's only because it's your growing zone. You need to either make a restriction against going there (Add a new zone around it, and then invert it) or delete it. Although yeah, I guess in general a 'prevent harvest' button just for adding to the game might work.
Selling broken colonist souls for two thousand gold. Accepting cash or credit.

The-MathMog

+1 for all of these! I would love the "don't harvest option".

Perlex

Quote from: Songleaves on June 11, 2016, 07:50:39 PM
In general predators can't kill tortoises. Here's a video of lion trying to eat tortoise and failing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTn2MZTu_3k
Huh, maybe a tortoise isn't so weak after all...
I guess a predator should just flee if it can't win the fight instead of fighting to death  :P

Quote from: Z0MBIE2 on June 11, 2016, 10:36:09 PM
#4, it's only because it's your growing zone. You need to either make a restriction against going there (Add a new zone around it, and then invert it) or delete it. Although yeah, I guess in general a 'prevent harvest' button just for adding to the game might work.
Hmm, yes, never thought of this, could be a good workaround, although it requires a lot of managing.

I would also like to see a visitor or trade caravan spot that I can place to tell visitors where they should stay.
My colonists wouldn't have to run so far to trade with them and they wouldn't get shot when pirates attack.

Lonely Rogue

Telling caravans where to go would be overpowered. I know Blitzkriegsler for one murdered all visitors with a high temp. room when you could kinda do that.
Rimworld: A game where you're kept as entertainment for thousand year old robots, and you just don't know it yet.
Any mod requests?