Faction mod - 100% headgear spawn rate?

Started by Chicken Plucker, August 07, 2017, 08:00:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chicken Plucker

Hello, I've taken Jecrell's scum faction coding and the Orion/commando stuff from the glitter tech mod and I'm having trouble making my own pawns spawn 100% with their own headgear

I made my own headgear with the right tags, they do put the gear on but it seems its only sometimes they pick the hats

I use this for each <PawnKindDef>:
<apparelAllowHeadwearChance>1</apparelAllowHeadwearChance>

but it doesn't seem to listen to the rule, anybody know where I'm going wrong? please let me know, thanks very much!

Edit: Forgot to note to be more specific because I'm being vague enough, the helmets have their own outfit tags and I've given it to these pawns, they do spawn with it sometimes and it's just that I want ALL of them to spawn with it everytime

Also I've changed the commonality for the helmets and it didnt seem to do much

kaptain_kavern

Are you sure they are cheap enough for the amount your pawns are allowed to use for gears?

<apparelMoney>

Chicken Plucker

Quote from: kaptain_kavern on August 07, 2017, 08:25:17 PM
Are you sure they are cheap enough for the amount your pawns are allowed to use for gears?

<apparelMoney>

I'll check it out before I wreck it out Kap, thanks as always!

Chicken Plucker

Okay kap, only had time to test now. The problem when I make these helmets cheaper is that when these guys do put on headgear, they then don't wear vests! any ideas? They still don't spawn with the headgear 100% even then, just more common

koni

You can also force your pawns to waer special apparel, including hats:

<apparelRequired>
      <li>YourHat</li>
    </apparelRequired>

I hope it's helpful ;)

kaptain_kavern

oops, I forgot this one, it's even better and simpler.

Thx Koni

Chicken Plucker

Thanks Koni, few days late for replying cause of holiday but super thanks