[1.0] Children and Pregnancy - v0.5b (2019/Feb/25)

Started by Thirite, December 27, 2016, 09:06:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tenshi~Akari

Quote from: Bengto on March 29, 2019, 03:18:57 PM
I got this error when i try to load this mod:
*snip*

This mod goes *after* HugsLib in your mod order. Your load order should look similar to this:

Core (Always first in your mod list, unless a mod that requires that priority slot notes otherwise)
HugsLib (Any mods that rely on this are loaded after)
Children and Pregnancy

Quote from: Alundra on March 31, 2019, 12:38:25 AM
My pawns are not getting pregnant despite all the loving. I set the chance to 1 which is what it says is the highest. What can I do to troubleshoot?

It's been 3 years of sleeping and loving twice a day if that makes a difference. Pawns are 25 and 31 now but started younger. In great health.

What does your mod list look like? There's 2 possibilities that could be causing this...

1.) Mod conflicts: Other mods you might have downloaded that also affect the same lines of code as C&P might be causing issues with your pawns' chances of either lovin' properly & having a successful pregnancy...

2.) You might not have the most recent version of this mod. Or, possibly, if you do have the most recent release, the choice of updating your files was to overwrite the mod folder with the newest version, instead of deleting out the old files in the folder & extracting the newest files into the directory.

Really important to note it's strongly suggested to do the latter, because overwriting files doesn't catch any potential filename changes, and you very well could have conflicts with older def/assembly files fighting against new ones when the mod is active in-game.

Alundra

I definitely deleted the old folders, I did that a while ago actually. I do have the latest as far as I can tell, there's only one link to it ha ha.

I've tried it right after hugslib and also at the very bottom of the load order, no dice either way. I do sometimes get errors about onsies.

Here's my mod list, thanks so much for helping me I really appreciate it.
https://imgur.com/a/3xmtmFK

LiteEmUp

So one thing i've noticed that is somewhat annoying thing with babies once they can start crawling. If their recreation req reaches zero, they sometimes immediately wake up after taking a rest.. most of the time they only have a short nap while they try to fulfill their recreation to a certain amount, then they rest normally.. i usually have the zone area for babies limited to their rooms and a kitchen sink to wash, as i "feel" that it makes my rp'ing realistically lol...

another suggestion:
- babies till 2 yr old has a special "clothing for them, so they would  stop complaining that it is too cold all the time lol..
- cribs should prevent babies from being able to wander around, to make it more "realistically"

Tenshi~Akari

Quote from: Alundra on April 01, 2019, 03:04:42 AM
I definitely deleted the old folders, I did that a while ago actually. I do have the latest as far as I can tell, there's only one link to it ha ha.

I've tried it right after hugslib and also at the very bottom of the load order, no dice either way. I do sometimes get errors about onsies.

Here's my mod list, thanks so much for helping me I really appreciate it.
https://imgur.com/a/3xmtmFK

The Birds & Bees is exactly what's causing your issue.  ;) That and this mod still aren't compatible with each other.

If I'm not mistaken, someone did do a patch for this, but that was last year when this mod's version was 0.4e...? Haven't seen any sort of updates since then.

Alundra

Ahh noooo ha ha. I liked reproductive organs!

Rocket_Raccoon

Ah darn :(
I guess i have found my cause for missing pregnancies aswell then.
And looks like I can´t remove it from my running colony.

LiteEmUp

Quote from: Rocket_Raccoon on April 04, 2019, 05:20:18 AM
Ah darn :(
I guess i have found my cause for missing pregnancies aswell then.
And looks like I can´t remove it from my running colony.
im curious though, what was the cause??

also im not sure if anyone has mentioned this, but i'm seeing invisible kids... so far 6, 9, and 12 year old kids are invisible... not sure how to fix this, or i just simply wait till they turn 18??

Rocket_Raccoon

I had/have birds and bees and it messed up pregnancy, I saw child soldiers(hello oh bright and shiny rimworld) but my colonist would not get pregnant. Removed children and pregnancy(because removing b&b would cause more problems) and added children, school&learning back in and badum-pregnancy after few ingame hours.

Kori

Quote from: LiteEmUp on April 04, 2019, 05:40:04 AM
also im not sure if anyone has mentioned this, but i'm seeing invisible kids... so far 6, 9, and 12 year old kids are invisible... not sure how to fix this, or i just simply wait till they turn 18??

Do you have Alien Framework installed? The latest update is making some pawns invisible and the author is working on a fix. Not related to CnP.

LiteEmUp

Quote from: Kori on April 04, 2019, 05:06:34 PM
Quote from: LiteEmUp on April 04, 2019, 05:40:04 AM

Do you have Alien Framework installed? The latest update is making some pawns invisible and the author is working on a fix. Not related to CnP.
yes i do have it installed as well... so i guess i thought it was just this mod.. so this invisible problem started around 3/27/19 for me.. so im not sure why no one has reported this bug on that alien framework mod...

also from the steam page of that mod, someone speculated rimworld had a mini-update recently.. did i missed something?? i played rimworld everyday lately, so any rimworld update, i would have seen it on steam..

Kori

Quote from: LiteEmUp on April 05, 2019, 12:46:28 AM
yes i do have it installed as well... so i guess i thought it was just this mod.. so this invisible problem started around 3/27/19 for me.. so im not sure why no one has reported this bug on that alien framework mod...

also from the steam page of that mod, someone speculated rimworld had a mini-update recently.. did i missed something?? i played rimworld everyday lately, so any rimworld update, i would have seen it on steam..

The Alien Framework update I'm talking about was released 4/4/2019, it must be something else then..  :-\
Have you tried the devmode's force birthday command to verify that aging up solves the problem?

I would have noticed an update of Rimworld, too. I use so many mods that Rimworld updates are one of my biggest fears.  ;)

Canute

also from the steam page of that mod, someone speculated rimworld had a mini-update recently..
You allways can check the version number after Rimworld start at the top left corner.
the last 4 digits should be 2150.
If you got a higher number there prolly was a mini patch.

LiteEmUp

Quote from: Kori on April 05, 2019, 05:09:10 AM

The Alien Framework update I'm talking about was released 4/4/2019, it must be something else then..  :-\
Have you tried the devmode's force birthday command to verify that aging up solves the problem?

I would have noticed an update of Rimworld, too. I use so many mods that Rimworld updates are one of my biggest fears.  ;)

i will try the aging process to see if it solves it, but unfortunately the first person i noticed from(3/27/19 was the screenshot taken) where the bug was a visitor... he is the first screnshot..

the next set of invisible kids i noticed is from the same person and also another kid.. both are visitors.. i also checked their gear to see if it was gear related.. the most common gear they have is a twilek cultural garb.. i havent tested it on my colonists to see if its the cause of problem..

the 4th screen is from 2 kids that i got from a slave trader... i checked both and neither was wearing clothing, so i immeadiately ruled out that the twilek garb is the cause of problem.. again i will age-up to see if the problems still persists..

[attachment deleted due to age]

LiteEmUp

here are the other 2 screens

lol @the file size limits

[attachment deleted due to age]

Kori

The invisible pawn in your third screenshot is 20, so it is not limited to children?
If I were you, I would try the following things:
-deactivate the mod that changes their faces, because that's something that has an impact on pawn rendering. If it is the cause, you can still try to change load order etc. later.
-leave devmode active to see if any red errors appear when you encounter invisible pawns
-unsub and resub Alien Framework, just to be sure

I hope you will find the solution soon!