[MOD] (Alpha 8) A2B: conveyor belts & co. [v0.8.0]

Started by noone, August 18, 2014, 10:42:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

noone

Quote from: nuschler22 on December 29, 2014, 08:27:10 AM
Power needed, 45, transporter and 20, receiver.

This is the correct amount of power required by the teleporter (it varies with distance) which means it has found the receiver (i.e. the receiver was detected to be in the correct orientation at the correct distance). I tried re-building your setup, and it works fine for me. I really have no clue what is going on here. Another suggestion could be to build a teleporter+receiver pair rotated by 90deg or 180deg and see if these work better. Restarting a world is also a good idea. Do you have any other mod turned on ?

Quote from: millenium on December 29, 2014, 11:05:15 AM
question can a single receiver hook up with multiple teleporters think i saw a yes but just want to confirm.
Yes, it 'should' work fine. Only limited testing was done in this direction, but it will work. Note that you may get overlapping transport beam so that items will look weird on the receiver pad, but will behave again afterwards. Our engineers are working on making these behave nicer.

theres an issue with the angle blocks only sending items in one direction no matter how i feed items into it.
Again, that isn't much of a bug report to debug ... screenshots and more details would help a lot. But a wild guess for now: have you tried rotating them in the correct orientation ?

theres also an issue with the selector block only going in one direction feed bottom left output up right. i also need on some builds feed bottom right output top left. it something i can work around but it takes up a bit of space.
Again, what about a) rotating the selector and b) changing the output line from 2 to 1 (via the selection menu) ?

nuschler22

I have too many mods running.  Probably 15, so there could definitely be some sort of conflict. 

I'll be starting a new world tonight and I'll let you know if things improve.

nuschler22

I didn't start a new colony, but I did notice this shortly before leaving the game.

The purpose of the transporter was to jump into a room used as a freezer.  Two things I noticed:

1) Going from a warm room to a cold room with the standard conveyor yields two different temperatures.  The freezer part stayed cold, the exterior room without control stayed similar to the outside.  It was handy for me, but I don't know if that's your intended action.

2) The reason I might not have been able to teleport was that there was a power conduit running under it.  When I switched to the regular conveyor it stopped in the exact same place.  I had power conduit running under the conveyor (the original setup I showed you as well).  When I removed the power conduit, the conveyor worked well. 

If I think about it later, I'll rebuild the power conduit and the teleporter.  Then remove the power conduit and see if there is an effect.

noone

Quote from: nuschler22 on December 30, 2014, 07:39:26 PM
1) Going from a warm room to a cold room with the standard conveyor yields two different temperatures.  The freezer part stayed cold, the exterior room without control stayed similar to the outside.  It was handy for me, but I don't know if that's your intended action.

Hum ... this is because I did not have time to properly include any 'temperature' effect to the belts yet. They pretty much behave like walls, and as such have no thermal conductivity. I'll add this to my to-do list (getting longer...). Thanks for spotting this.

2) The reason I might not have been able to teleport was that there was a power conduit running under it.  When I switched to the regular conveyor it stopped in the exact same place.  I had power conduit running under the conveyor (the original setup I showed you as well).  When I removed the power conduit, the conveyor worked well. 

Good catch, that's your problem right there (and I could reproduce it). Building a power conduit under the receiver will make it look 'busy' (this is linked to how the code checks for availability at that spot). Removing the undelrying power conduit will fix it. I'll fix this eventually, but for now, simply avoid building power conduits under the receiver. Thanks for your dedication in troubleshooting this !

nuschler22

Quote from: noone on December 30, 2014, 08:28:59 PM

Hum ... this is because I did not have time to properly include any 'temperature' effect to the belts yet. They pretty much behave like walls, and as such have no thermal conductivity. I'll add this to my to-do list (getting longer...). Thanks for spotting this.

Good catch, that's your problem right there (and I could reproduce it). Building a power conduit under the receiver will make it look 'busy' (this is linked to how the code checks for availability at that spot). Removing the undelrying power conduit will fix it. I'll fix this eventually, but for now, simply avoid building power conduits under the receiver. Thanks for your dedication in troubleshooting this !

No problem!  It's a great mod! 

Yas

Hey there,

I would like to ask if theres a reaon why all loaders have priority important. For me ppl tend to carry everything there then. And since I tend to build more than 1 loader at a time it often happens I miss when its ready. So, I changed priority in xml files. But I just have the feeling I may havent understood something.

And, wouldnt it be awesome to have some kind of "vacuum-loader" that aspirates anything droped on the field before it? ... or maybe u could define a "vaccum-zone" that will be aspirated onto the conveyer then.

With those, it wouldnt be needed to check compatibility for new mods so much since it should be possible to define a zone almost everywhere another mod can throw something.

millenium

heres a picture of the angled conveyor issue. its an intermittent bug once in awhile it seems an angled conveyor doesn't pick up on the direction of items correctly and it stops them from transferring items to the next conveyor.

in the second image the items are refusing to take the turn. i dont know why it just happens.

[attachment deleted due to age]

harpo99999

I suspect that there is a power line UNDER the turn that the items are refusing to go onto.
I have had this issue since the a8 version of the mod came out, but as most items can now be put on top of the power lines it tends to be beneficial

millenium

Quote from: harpo99999 on January 16, 2015, 03:28:25 PM
I suspect that there is a power line UNDER the turn that the items are refusing to go onto.
I have had this issue since the a8 version of the mod came out, but as most items can now be put on top of the power lines it tends to be beneficial

now that i think about it this has been the case so ill try and delete the different cables i have running under the conveyors.

Rock5

It would be nice if the unloader could just dump the items on the floor around it. Or maybe fill up a zone set up around it.

Anyway, what I wanted to ask is do perishables such as meals waste on the conveyor belt? Because I noticed that it says "Outside" and shows the outside temperature when pointing at them even though they are inside a freezer.
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Butchers Can Count Meat
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport

noone

Quote from: Rock5 on January 19, 2015, 01:32:19 AM
It would be nice if the unloader could just dump the items on the floor around it. Or maybe fill up a zone set up around it.

And you're not alone, this has been requested for a while. I might eventually make Unloaders drop items in a larger zone. But I'm flat out these days, so not anytime soon (and there's also a few things on my to-do list ahead of this). But if you want to contribute some code that does this, I'll happily merge it in ;)

What I wanted to ask is do perishables such as meals waste on the conveyor belt? Because I noticed that it says "Outside" and shows the outside temperature when pointing at them even though they are inside a freezer.

No idea if meals perish or not o belts. Haven't actually tested this ... ;) Right now, the belts are like walls. There's some changes coming in A.9 regarding the heat conductivity of walls, so I'll delay looking into this issue until A.9.

FYI here is my to-do list: https://github.com/noone57/RW_A2B/issues
Just in case anyone is bored and looking for something to do, that is ... :D

Yas

Quote from: noone on January 23, 2015, 10:03:03 PM
Yh, like me :). And I still vote for a vaccum thing to auto load stuff from some tiles :).

Quote from: noone on January 23, 2015, 10:03:03 PM
FYI here is my to-do list: https://github.com/noone57/RW_A2B/issues
Just in case anyone is bored and looking for something to do, that is ... :D

Its not only reciever stucking on power cable, also belts. And its not only power cable but anything. Had it stuck on steel, meal and other stuff (ofc that only happen with godmode... still its maybe a useful info)

wikusaurus

how do i install this mod? i've extracted the file into mods folder, activate all the mods but nothing happened, no research etc. btw i activate the mod last. sorry for my english

SilverDragon

Quote from: wikusaurus on January 28, 2015, 08:25:14 AM
how do i install this mod? i've extracted the file into mods folder, activate all the mods but nothing happened, no research etc. btw i activate the mod last. sorry for my english

Hi! :)
1. Confirm that you are running the newest version of Rimworld Alpha8f (671).
1b. Make sure the contents of the zip file (aka the A2B-0.8.0 folder) is in your mods folder, so the folder structure should look something like RimWorld657Win\Mods\A2B-0.8.0.
2. After that confirm that you have indeed activated A2B in the mods menu.
2b. You need to restart the game whenever you go into the mods menu, it causes glitches in the game if you start or load a game after being in there.
3. When you restart the game and start a new world+colony, or load your existing game, you should see the "A2B Conveyor Belts (300)" research in your research window.
3b. Alternatively you can enable the Developement Tools from the Game Options menu, activate GodMode from the new white buttons that popped up on your screen on the top-right. This allows you to build any of the structures your game has loaded in from the core game and mods.

If you still cannot find the conveyor belts, then I'm completely lost onto why it's not working, these steps are about 440% too much of what's necessary to make a mod work. ;D

wikusaurus

Quote from: SilverDragon on January 28, 2015, 11:31:09 AM
Hi! :)
1. Confirm that you are running the newest version of Rimworld Alpha8f (671).
1b. Make sure the contents of the zip file (aka the A2B-0.8.0 folder) is in your mods folder, so the folder structure should look something like RimWorld657Win\Mods\A2B-0.8.0.
2. After that confirm that you have indeed activated A2B in the mods menu.
2b. You need to restart the game whenever you go into the mods menu, it causes glitches in the game if you start or load a game after being in there.
3. When you restart the game and start a new world+colony, or load your existing game, you should see the "A2B Conveyor Belts (300)" research in your research window.
3b. Alternatively you can enable the Developement Tools from the Game Options menu, activate GodMode from the new white buttons that popped up on your screen on the top-right. This allows you to build any of the structures your game has loaded in from the core game and mods.

If you still cannot find the conveyor belts, then I'm completely lost onto why it's not working, these steps are about 440% too much of what's necessary to make a mod work. ;D

i think i know where the problem is, first i use rimworld alpha 8e, and the last one is the rar file has some folders on it and i just extract it all among my other mods, thanks for your answer :D