[1.0] [PROJECT] Hardcore SK project v7: Sunrise

Started by skyarkhangel, May 10, 2015, 11:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How you relate for the full removing automatic turrets?

Positive. It's realistic. Fight with killboxes continues.
Negative. Make a button to kill all enemies in one click.

Agalyon

I've been really enjoying the mod pack, but I have to say the tableware system makes very little sense and feels annoying more than anything. If dropping the tableware when the meal is consumed is not technically possible currently, I think the tableware should be scrapped entirely or made part of the cost of tables instead as one user suggested.

Also, is there any chance I could get the added animals in a modular pack? Or if someone could tell me roughly how to pull them out of the pack for personal use, I would greatly appreciate it.

nicsilver

Hi, Ive sent out a colonist after having the dialog popup mentioning a raid with someones sister being captured or something? its been like a month ingame time now and the person is still not back. I cant imagine it shoudl take this long, the person still apears in my bar for colonists and has no indication of being dead if thats what happened

Mrshilka

Quote from: nicsilver on March 07, 2016, 05:24:16 PM
Hi, Ive sent out a colonist after having the dialog popup mentioning a raid with someones sister being captured or something? its been like a month ingame time now and the person is still not back. I cant imagine it shoudl take this long, the person still apears in my bar for colonists and has no indication of being dead if thats what happened

Those resque events can take a few days to resolve, but you will get notice when they get back.
Not something to do with a new colony short on manpower.
The again I have 20 people now and am always short on man power since modpack lacks any sort of helpers or automation, beyond the most basic of conveyer belts.

Mrshilka

Quote from: Agalyon on March 07, 2016, 11:36:41 AM
I've been really enjoying the mod pack, but I have to say the tableware system makes very little sense and feels annoying more than anything. If dropping the tableware when the meal is consumed is not technically possible currently, I think the tableware should be scrapped entirely or made part of the cost of tables instead as one user suggested.

Also, is there any chance I could get the added animals in a modular pack? Or if someone could tell me roughly how to pull them out of the pack for personal use, I would greatly appreciate it.

I felt the same way about tableware when I first was struggling to get my colony going, but I have found you value it later on it is a endless crafting job always helping you boost your crafting skill , because this mod pack you NEED high skilled crafters. I found glass was the easest for me to make it out of only needed glass batch to do it.

Edgewise

Quote from: Orion on March 07, 2016, 02:40:25 AM
If this happens, you have another mod overriding the visitors from Hospitality. If it's working correctly, the visitors plop down a little flag during their stay. If they don't, you got a mod conflict.

Yea, this was my assumption as well.  I have used the hospitality mod before in a different mod-pack and it worked without any issues.  I was just reporting it here so the guys putting this mod pack together could have some details about it, because I really like this mod-pack and hope they get it all sorted out.

Masquerine

Quote from: Mrshilka on March 07, 2016, 07:23:19 PM
Quote from: nicsilver on March 07, 2016, 05:24:16 PM

Those resque events can take a few days to resolve, but you will get notice when they get back.
Not something to do with a new colony short on manpower.
The again I have 20 people now and am always short on man power since modpack lacks any sort of helpers or automation, beyond the most basic of conveyer belts.
Your prayers will be answered soon, hopefully. Ivan is still working on the one robot mod. MAI or something. He's got a separate branch that he's testing it on. Soon tm.

That one event where it sends your pawns off-screen is the one with the conflict with hospitality. My idea was to change it from off-screen event to on-map events to avoid errors and conflicts. Like instead of sending 3 guys to search for treasure, you could get like an X on the map to go dig (mining) for ancient buried treasure. That sort of thing. Too many issues with sending pawns off-screen. Not worth the trouble. Neat idea, but bad application.

I'm aiming to finish up the basics of my overhaul tomorrow. Then I'll fix up a bunch of minor errors and bugs people have reported before carrying on with the next phase.

pongvin

hello guys, enjoying the new updates very much.

couple things:

flies and fleas are a little frequent for my tastes. it'd be cool if the event could factor in the cleanliness of the home zone (maybe by counting dirt patches), and the dirtier it is, the more frequent these events could become.

antimatter reactor either doesn't come off cooldown or takes way, way too long. weird because the similar tesla towers work well.

when crafting apparel or armor, the "UnfinishedApparel" bug still occurs (when the pawn can't finish the unfinished part, because sometimes the unfinished part thinks it's of a different material than what was originally used to create it).

antibiotics seem to have too little effect. maybe I was just unlucky with the tests, but I had 2 pawns at the same time come off with a disease and I dosed one regularly with antibiotics in addition to medical care while I left the other to only medical care. the antibiotics pawn didn't recover much quicker, only a little.

when I have a tactical computer, pawns can start playing games anywhere on the map while they are tasked with joy, not just next to the tactical computer.

the quantum fabricator constantly draws the same amount of power, instead of consuming less when idle. I think the CommunityCoreLibrary.CompPowerLowIdleDraw comp is accidentally missing there.

Grogfeld

What a great modpack. Good job for creating a fantastic tool to make exceptional experience. Every new version is better than its predecessor. I like how bugs are eating every loot I leave behind, it's fun to watch and crush them it's even funnier also all the carnivorous animals with hunger rage just make me stay in home zone :D
I have few issues but nothing that important and you already know about them. Looking forward for bug fixes and a clear and stable version but now it's playable as it is.

Agalyon

Quote from: Mrshilka on March 07, 2016, 07:25:37 PM
I felt the same way about tableware when I first was struggling to get my colony going, but I have found you value it later on it is a endless crafting job always helping you boost your crafting skill , because this mod pack you NEED high skilled crafters. I found glass was the easest for me to make it out of only needed glass batch to do it.
Do glass ones not require spare parts?

Mrshilka

Quote from: Agalyon on March 08, 2016, 09:09:58 AM
Quote from: Mrshilka on March 07, 2016, 07:25:37 PM
Do glass ones not require spare parts?

They all require spare parts everything pretty much does so you just factor it into your stocks.

Mrshilka

Quote from: Masquerine on March 08, 2016, 12:37:37 AM
Your prayers will be answered soon, hopefully. Ivan is still working on the one robot mod. MAI or something. He's got a separate branch that he's testing it on. Soon tm.

Ahh yes MAI, excellent, I do hope you guys will keep in both versions of MAI, the one using an AI core to be smart and learning, and the one I use the drone MAi I like to build enmass for cleaning and hauling:P

Remember kids they do not have feelings if you never installed any when you made them;)

Mrshilka

Hey Sk team.

I was wondering if you could look at or explain why you have made it so you cannot put vents into conduit walls or Utility walls.

No vents or coolers or ducts nothing can be built on these walls, you are limited to just plain walls if you want to use them, and you DO want to use them alot.
This means for aesthetic reasons I never use those walls in any structure that is going to need vents and it feels to me to be a strange design choice.
Having used other mods and mod packs I know this is not a game limited reason and I have used both vents and ducts on walls with conduits  in them.

Sitting here thinking Utility walls would be good in my base when I discovered I could not use ducts or vents with them at all.

And while I am asking why do normal walls have completely different textures to the same walls but with Conduits in them, Lighted walls as well.
The normal walls have what looks like base game textures, while the Lighted and Conduit walls have the newer Superior Crafting wall textures.

*Edit* I fixed this above issue by simply copying the graphics part of the conduit walls and replacing the standard walls one so now they match *glee*
*Second Edit* I found out why ducts and vents are limited this way
li Class="CommunityCoreLibrary.RestrictedPlacement_Properties">
                <compClass>CommunityCoreLibrary.RestrictedPlacement_Comp</compClass>
                <thingDefs>
                    <li>Wall</li>
                </thingDefs>

Only thing they are allowed to be build on is basic walls not the half a dozen other wall types, not sure if this was your design choice, but pointing it out, going to fix it on my end so I can use whatever walls I like and have them all look good.

Thanks again.

Kadrush

Version 2.5

Why cant i organize work by squads, as in the restriction tabs. Also why the work tab is missing that upper option that allowed me to one click check/uncheck or set priority number for all squad selected colonists?

testerke

I'm not sure how this modpack works but it seems I have full of errors.

This happens in the main menu
Fresh install > Run as Admin > no mods (to create appdata files) > install SK 2.4 and start >  start fine without active mods > activate all mods > no error > restart game > debug mode active and show errors.
Is there any mod queue in mod order or something like that? I also tried to put "CCL mod" after the "core" in mod order but no luck (same errors).

2.5 seems to work without debug errors at the start but you reported bugs in game, so I'm not sure if it works fine or not.

Masquerine

Quote from: testerke on March 09, 2016, 01:51:10 AM
I'm not sure how this modpack works but it seems I have full of errors.

This happens in the main menu
Fresh install > Run as Admin > no mods (to create appdata files) > install SK 2.4 and start >  start fine without active mods > activate all mods > no error > restart game > debug mode active and show errors.
Is there any mod queue in mod order or something like that? I also tried to put "CCL mod" after the "core" in mod order but no luck (same errors).

2.5 seems to work without debug errors at the start but you reported bugs in game, so I'm not sure if it works fine or not.
After you copy the HSK files into /mods, you're then supposed to copy or move the modsconfig.xml that will be at the bottom of the /mods folder to another location. The location to move it to depends on your operating system. First page post in this thread has the instructions. The modsconfig.xml is the file that automatically sorts out the mod loading order we use by default, with "optional" mods kept as optional so you can decide to use them or not. Usually there is up to 4 optional mods, but we have like 2 major pending issues on 2 so they are disabled right now.

One more day or so and my overhaul first phase will be done. Assuming I don't horribly break the game in some unforeseen way afterwards, I'll go back like 10+ pages in this thread and list out reported errors and bugs that didn't get addressed yet and then go from there.