[A12d] Tools for haul. Animal will help us! V1.5d 22-10-2015

Started by BBream, April 17, 2015, 06:32:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BBream

Quote from: Adamiks on April 26, 2015, 07:40:40 AM
-snip

I never have seen error message like this before. If you don't mind, please send output_log.txt file. It is in RimWorld785Win_Data folder. The report you sent is too short to find cause of error.

Adamiks

After this fix i do not have any crashes (yet?..) and that error was from version 1.1A.

BBream

Quote from: Adamiks on April 26, 2015, 09:03:45 AM
After this fix i do not have any crashes (yet?..) and that error was from version 1.1A.

I'm not sure it. If this problem cause from memory lick, then it will be fixed. But to make sure, you have to send output_log.txt file.

Adamiks

Ninefinger

Quote from: Adamiks on April 26, 2015, 11:25:03 AM
Ok, here you go.

holy crap son, what mods do you have installed that error log file is full of errors from other mods that dont even pertain to this mod, sifting through that log file is a nightmare. in order to present an error log to help with debugging this mod, you need to make sure you have no other mods installed except the tools for haul mod then delete the output_log.txt file to get a clean output_log and then start a new world and new game. with all those errors im surprised your game even runs lol  :P

Adamiks

I have Superior Crafting, Expanded Prosthetics & Organ Engineering, log wall (only) and moat (also only moat) and this mod. When i turned off the Tools for haul i have no crashes so blame is on this mod. Others mod don't use anything that this mod use. You can say i should play only on this mod, but this would be just stupid.

Turtle Dude

Adamiks you might want to check with other mod authors as well, it might be a comparability with multiple mods.

This is my mod list:
Brunayla's Security Co (this is all his mods)
EdBPrepareCarefully
BeanTeckBlastDoor
AlphaMuffalo
AdvancedLamps
RT Fusebox
Tools for Hauling

So I'm guessing is that you have maybe some incompatible mods, and the would be the superior crafting, and expanded prosthetic & organ engineering due to them both being crafting mods they try and mod the same files causing issue.

Also thanks for the fix BBream.

Adamiks

Quote from: Canute on April 26, 2015, 03:05:38 PM
Just a sidenote, do you know that Superior Crafting and  Expanded Prosthetics & Organ Engineering don't work well together.
I got Superior Crafting and this mod + some others and it is working well.

Yea i know but Ykara (EPOE) will create a fix soon.

Turtle Dude

I found an issue that can be caused after crashes, and maybe another memory leak. The crash issue is after a crash if you load a save were a person is still using a Cargo it will say that the items are duplicates and delete the Cargo, and items in them causing error to appear every load (This is in compressed data so I cannot think of a way to fix this), and I think there might be issue with a leak when a colonists is wearing a backpack, and uses a Cargo to haul items (not completely test due to an odd crash).

I have had no interaction with Cargo for close to 10 minutes now, but I still get random spikes I tested this on a new world without your mod it seems to be derived from your mod, I'm guessing there might still be a small hole with backpacks some where.

BBream

Quote from: Adamiks on April 26, 2015, 11:25:03 AM
Ok, here you go.

It is too unfair! My crash don't have any error message but the other have a lot of message. I can't figure out what cause to the error.

I think the problem is:
1)Polish language have problem.
  Please reinstall the attachment that have polish language folder. In my rimworld, It don't print error message.

2)More Vanilla Turrets mod have old version xml file. It is needed to fix 2 line
In MVT_Building_Security.xml file:

Here  <useStandardHealth>False</useStandardHealth>
  Fix     <useHitPoints>True</useHitPoints>
  Here  <shaderType>Transparent</shaderType>
  Fix     <graphicShaderType>Transparent</graphicShaderType>

In MVT_Building_Security:

<!--=============== Moat ===============-->
<ThingDef ParentName="BuildingBase">
    <defName>Moat</defName>
    <thingClass>Building</thingClass>
    <label>shallow moat</label>
    <linkDrawerType>Basic</linkDrawerType>
    <category>Building</category>
    <useStandardHealth>False</useStandardHealth>
    <blueprintgraphicPath>Things/Building/Security/MoatAtlasBlueprint</blueprintgraphicPath>
    <graphicClass>Graphic_Single</graphicClass>
    <graphicPath>Things/Building/Security/MoatAtlas</graphicPath>
    <altitudeLayer>LowPlant</altitudeLayer>
    <shaderType>Transparent</shaderType>

I hope this can fix the crash.

[attachment deleted due to age]

BBream

Quote from: Turtle Dude on April 26, 2015, 05:08:36 PM
I found an issue that can be caused after crashes, and maybe another memory leak. The crash issue is after a crash if you load a save were a person is still using a Cargo it will say that the items are duplicates and delete the Cargo, and items in them causing error to appear every load (This is in compressed data so I cannot think of a way to fix this), and I think there might be issue with a leak when a colonists is wearing a backpack, and uses a Cargo to haul items (not completely test due to an odd crash).

I have had no interaction with Cargo for close to 10 minutes now, but I still get random spikes I tested this on a new world without your mod it seems to be derived from your mod, I'm guessing there might still be a small hole with backpacks some where.

I'll check no interaction issue and save load issue.

If you are engaged in crash, please send output_log.txt file. It is valuable for knowing what problem is. You can find it in (Rimworld)/RimWorld###Win_Data

Edit1: I found save load issue cause. I'll fix it in V1.1c
But no interaction issue is not replayed. It's hard to find.

Adamiks

Thanks :) I already fixed More Vanilla Turrets but i don't know if this will solve my problem, because i try to not do anything with backpacks :D

Turtle Dude

I tested again watching my ram spike while not using backpacks sometimes (This maybe event driven as some in-game events need more ram), I'm wondering if there is a small leak with the last game update that maybe the mod is just amplifying in some way.

All I know is that it only happens when I'm either using cargo with backpacks, backpacks. The leak is only roughly 200kb, but it adds up once every second.

I wish I could help more I'll keep messing with the mod only in a test world and see if I can find out the actual cause of the leak. Since it might just be an issue that they try and fill the cargo, and inventory of the backpack at the same time, but like I said before I'll keep trying to find out when the memory start to jump.

And again thanks for the the updates.

BBream

Quote from: Turtle Dude on April 26, 2015, 09:04:49 PM
-snip

I copy whole list of haulable because of avoiding error message. And its address is assigned null at the end of function. So, memory allocation will be increasing untill it is freed by garbage collection. I have no idea memory free in C#.

Turtle Dude

I can't seem to find what causes the memory leak, I just played with extremely defined outfits and just one thing stands out if even 1 person has a backpack on even when paused the game will start trying to take more and more memory. So the leak maybe have not be a part of the backpacks holding, but the item themselves because even when equipped, and nothing is in them they will cause this issue.

I don't know what is causing this and all a crash log tells me if that while trying to get more memory it failed and causes the crash.

Also heads up, your last patch fixed all my issues (besides memory leak, and cargo sometimes causing idles due to game issue), So very close to getting almost everything finished.

I've played for 2 hours straight, no backpacks the memory needed for the game has yet to exceed 1.5gb. The start was usually at 2gb in 10 seconds with backpacks on, with this I'm most certain that there is an issue either with the backpacks themselves, or how the inventory space for them on a colonist is handled.

I keep trying to slim down the results to why the memory leak is happening, and the only results I got  are these.

1. Adding items or removing items from the backpack do not cause the leak to get larger.
2. Allowing them to use the Cargo with a backpack doesn't make the leak larger.
3. Putting on even 1 backpack tend to have a immediate memory leak, and number of backpacks on colonists don't effects the leak, it is usually always a 2mb memory leak.

Sorry for the constant updates just I want to use the mod completely, and to do so I'm trying to provide as much as I can into what is causing the issues

I'm wondering could the cause of the leak be because instead of the backpacks having no inventory every time they are on a person they keep checking if they do or don't have inventory? If so that would mean they backpacks are checking with every item to see if it's there, and since I don't know the size of all the items combined I'm just making a guess at the moment.