(MOD REQUEST) Future Tech Mods

Started by Drathmourn, December 23, 2016, 02:30:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drathmourn

This is the future, Right? Were are my killer robots and rogue cyborgs? Why cant i build a killer robot? why cant i turn a pawn into a cyborg?

This game is on a good track but there is so much untapped potential. What we need is brave men and women to continue create this future!

I want:
-Cyborgs
Popping a new brain into a had crafted Durable, repairable, customizable body sounds better than tacking on limbs one at a time right?
Training? No, i just need CPU Upgrade with a new logic processor and an expanded memory/skill-chip, and a new laser cannon hand thank you!
An AI controlled surgical/experiment table that can modify my pawns? with 31 settings that PROBABLY wont kill them? is it Christmas?

-Killer Customizable Robots
Something/Someone built Mechanoids. Why not me? I see some flaws in the originals, i think i can make them kill work BETTER!
Is that an AI controlled Faction out for world domination? I think it is!
My pawns are pacifist vegetarian pyromaniacs. Can you help me fight? Your not going to turn on me right? Right?

-Cloning
Bob and Tiffany are amazing pawns and work well together. Lets make more of them!
Why breed them when you an clone them? It worked for sheep 1996 and this is the year 5500. We might be able to do it!

-Transportation
I can build an AI controlled spaceship to fly to the stars but have to walk to the next town with a cow carting my stuff for me?
Thanks, i could walk but ill take the -Hot Air balloon-Car-Helicopter-Ultralight Plain-Hover Truck-Orbital Ship Base- TELEPORTER!
Is that a Tank with a frikin' LASER CANNON? Why yes it is!

-Brain programming
I know your a Sanguine/Iron willed/Hard worker, but who isn't these days?. I'm looking for more of a Neurotic/Pacifist/Pyromaniac who will keep life interesting!
I know he cant fight anymore, or talk, or well most things... but look at all the crap he can carry! Well he did attack us trying to kill us all.....

Make the future great, we have the technology USE IT! ;D

DaemonDeathAngel

If you would like, I could see about adding some of your ideas into the later stages of my overhaul mod  Rimworld Revamped - The Transcendence

The mod will advance through ages all the way to Transcendent.

Drathmourn

That would be fantastic! I have a lot of ideas, and can give details, but i have no ability to code or program.

DaemonDeathAngel

You are more than welcome to post some of your ideas in the thread, and we can look through them and see what would fit and what may work better as a standalone mod.

Drathmourn

The problem is that as a non modder and no knowledge of coding. I dont know what is possible and impossible in reference to the parameters of the game. For example, I dont know if an interface window is possible. I want an interface window on a cyborg pawn strapped to a maintenance table that would allow drag and drop of modular components not unlike the drag and drop of the caravan but into modular slots(arms legs brain). is it possible? i want the same for killer worker robots with modular weapons and gear. the pawn interface is fine, but if your bolting on equipment i think it should be a little less convenient and at a workshop or maintenance pod. And as for a teleporter, Is it possible to create a point to point teleport? can they return? Can i have a space colony orbiting the planet in a space station? I want all this as a fun addition but dont know if its possible with the current game model.

DaemonDeathAngel

According to a recent post I read from Tynan, user interface code can be edited and changed to anything you can imagine, given time and effort.

As far as I am understanding, if it is replacing an existing window, you would have to detour away from whatever it is currently doing, and make it call your customized code.

Bear in mind, I currently have limited understanding of C#, so I could be wrong. I am more XML orriented, currently.

I plan to change that when I return home from vacation, plan to learn C#, that way I havr a better understanding of the capabilities and possibilities of the game.

I do know that customized windows are possible, because there have been many custom windowed user interface mods in the past.

vgex

I would love to see Cloning, only if for the grand Clone army of my people, I mean they have backstories for it like clone farmed or vat-grown stuff like that. I would love if in game in my medbay if I could clone my people I mean the tech could work in a system of where when you get the basic tech of cloning it has a high failure chance and if it does work then the clone could come out a divergent of the host with different traits and the such, and as you advance in to the tree you can remove the chance of divergence and increase the chance for it to work. Now about the battle droids I hole heartedly hope this feature is either in the vanilla version or made in to a mod, I mean I don't feel bad when my toaster dies in the field unlike my trained and well equipped colonist. Just my two cents on this stuff.

Techgenius

If I'm not mistaken, you can already be a cyborg by cyber-enchancing yourself, adding implants and the like.
Robotics is hard, the best mods for it just reskins the pawns.
Cloning is definitely doable and plausive, with work, perhaps it could be one of the best mods because there are lots of references