[1.0] A RimWorld of Magic

Started by Torann, November 24, 2017, 11:17:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jan2607

Oh, okay, thank you.

Torann, could you please update your first post? There are some classes missing: Bard, Geomancer for example (I don't know, if there are more classes in now). Also the master spells for most of the classes are missing. I always read your first post to decide, which classes I want to use. Any information about them is useful.
And ingame, one arcane script is called "Power", but that is not a name of a class. I think, it's the script for the Arcane mage, right? Would be great, if you could make it clearer :)

TheAzn123

Hello! Is there any way that Rimworld of Magic can be compatible with XXL Stack? From the logs I've read, I think the incompatibility lies with the items that aren't stackable in the mod which causes an error in XXL stack. Thank you for all your hard work! Love the mod.

Canute

TheAzn123,
not sure what problems you got.
I just download the B19 StackXXL, installed it and add it to my current colony with Rim of Magic and don't got any errors.
Yes it can be that you can't XXL stuff from the magic category, because that mod don't support new categories.
But that you should suggest to the StackXXL author.

Jan2607

Is it intended that a hostile demon spawns in an outpost without an enemy mage in that outpost?
I had a quest with a torn script reward for destroying an outpost. Send half of my colony with 3 well trained mages, no one came back. The demon is really awesome... unless you have to fight against him...

Canute

About Mentoring.
It is a nice thing to level up new caster/fighter.
I recently made a new mage, and was to dumb to order all the older mage to mentor the new ones.
Ofcouse only one could mentor at the same time, and other refuse to mentor it.
But that used up the ability.
I think on a refuse the ability shouldn't get into the cooldown, or maybe only the half of it.

crusader2010

Does anyone have any ideas why a mage pawn does not want to pick up mana potions when ordered to? It happens only to mage pawns (common pawns can get them in their inventories). They pick them up but immediately drop them. Weight is also not an issue.

Attached the mods' config file.

[attachment deleted due to age]
My mod pack: {A13} Mod Mega Pack

TheAzn123

Canute, O, do you happen to have the link to the b19, I downloaded the XXL from github and it says it's the wrong version, which I assume may be the problem. Sorry for the trouble and thank you for the clarification!

Edit: I seem to have found the problem. It's another mod I have called [super soil]. I think I know the solution??? Thanks again!

Torann

Quote from: Jan2607 on October 13, 2018, 10:13:31 AM
Is it intended that a hostile demon spawns in an outpost without an enemy mage in that outpost?
I had a quest with a torn script reward for destroying an outpost. Send half of my colony with 3 well trained mages, no one came back. The demon is really awesome... unless you have to fight against him...
If you have to fight a demon, your best bet is to debuff as much as possible.  Consciousness or movement can be debuffed until downed through spells like lullaby, siphon mana, death mark, poison, terror (fire mage), and domination.  Ice mages are particularly effective.
It's also possible to 1v1 the demon with a particularly strong fighter.  You can still be knock back/stunned but shouldn't have any fire bolts launched at you within melee range.  You have to keep everyone else at a distance though, or run in 1 at a time, otherwise the demon will fly to the biggest group of enemies.  My preference is bladedancer due to extreme melee dodge rate - they still need support though - thick skin, regenerate, bestow might, AMP, stone skin and transfer mana all provide a big boost to the bladedancer.  Remember that most fighters use Pawn DPS in their ability damage calculations, buffs improve this value and thus add an indirect buff to the fighters capability.
Paladin can sustain a 1v1 fight for some time, but they don't really have the dps or passive bonuses to finish the fight.

If you didn't know:
Siphon mana used on a pawn that doesn't have mana applies debuffs instead and can be lethal if it reaches a high enough severity.
Transfer mana used on a pawn that doesn't have mana applies various arcane buffs.

henk

Or summon some poppies. Everything is better with poppies.

TheJinx

Quote from: Torann on October 13, 2018, 08:00:31 PM
Quote from: Jan2607 on October 13, 2018, 10:13:31 AM
If you have to fight a demon, your best bet is to debuff as much as possible.  Consciousness or movement can be debuffed until downed through spells like lullaby, siphon mana, death mark, poison, terror (fire mage), and domination.  Ice mages are particularly effective.
It's also possible to 1v1 the demon with a particularly strong fighter.  You can still be knock back/stunned but shouldn't have any fire bolts launched at you within melee range.  You have to keep everyone else at a distance though, or run in 1 at a time, otherwise the demon will fly to the biggest group of enemies.  My preference is bladedancer due to extreme melee dodge rate - they still need support though - thick skin, regenerate, bestow might, AMP, stone skin and transfer mana all provide a big boost to the bladedancer.  Remember that most fighters use Pawn DPS in their ability damage calculations, buffs improve this value and thus add an indirect buff to the fighters capability.
Paladin can sustain a 1v1 fight for some time, but they don't really have the dps or passive bonuses to finish the fight.

If you didn't know:
Siphon mana used on a pawn that doesn't have mana applies debuffs instead and can be lethal if it reaches a high enough severity.
Transfer mana used on a pawn that doesn't have mana applies various arcane buffs.
or you could just META STACK L I C H  D E A T H  B O L T S

Torann

Update to v2.2.5.2:

• Blink and Phase strike will retain their assigned jobs after an autocast
  • Spell mending autocast will trigger only when at least one apparel item on a pawn is below 50%
  • Druids regrowth surgery work giver will now only assign the job to a druid with regrowth and sufficient mana
  • Psionic augmentation use gives more xp
  • Enchanting items now grants xp
  • Setting portal destinations or charging a portal now grants xp
  • Greater minions carry capacity was boosted and movement speed increased by 10%
  • Staff of Blazing Power and Staff of the Defender attacks no longer shake the screen
  • Might users will correctly benefit from xp gain, cooldown reduction, and stamina cost reduction enchantments
  • Teleporters (Arcanist spell) should work as expected when also using the Third Age mod

Jan2607

Thank you, will try.
If a magically gifted pawn finishes an unfinished arcane book, it gives a random power, right? I'm searching for a priest for a long time now and couldn't find any. Is it possible to get it this way?

Canute

A magical gifted pawn can't finished an unfinished arcane book, because he don't know anything about it so far. So how he could write something about it ? :-)

Only a specilized mage can do this, and then you a geting a book of his class.

Jan2607

Well, I tried it, and it worked ;) The finished book had ??? as title and gave a random ability.

Canute

Good that you point it out ! :-)
Not very logical, but that say many people about magic anyway, beside the mathemagicans ! :-)