Give us the ability to create specific characters and control the details!

Started by Revshawn, January 30, 2018, 11:49:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Revshawn

I want to be able to create myself in the game for a specific scenario or to create large backstories with certain characters I put in the game for the scenario. I want to be able to give certain traits, abilities, and customize the appearance of a pawn...not have it chosen for me through RNG! This feature alone would bring loads of people to the game because we all want to create stories concerning characters. But it's harder to become attached to a character when all of their features aren't controlled by you. ((At least for me!))

Right now I have three specific scenarios each with their own backstory, but it doesn't feel right without putting specific characters into it.

Harry_Dicks

Uh, create your own backstories? ;D Anyway, in case you don't know, you should get the mod Prepare Carefully. It will let you set up your pawns exactly the way you want before departure. You can also get the mod Change Dresser to change how they look once in game as well or for new pawns that join, or the mod Facial Stuff you can do this once the game has started as well.

Also, there is another mod RF - Editable Backstories.

Revshawn

Bah! That's so constraining though when it comes to scenario making! Give me moar control! MOAR! Thanks for the mod suggestions! I'll be sure to give them a try!

AileTheAlien

Prepare Carefully is a good mod, but I also think this would be a nice feature, for people making and sharing custom scenarios. (Maybe not in the base, not-a-scenario game?) Right now, you can force your starting pawn to have, for example, a hangover, a pistol, and the trigger-happy trait, but you can't give this person the name Vash The Stampede, or a short paragraph explaining how they specifically got into this situation. You also can't have one pawn starting with  trigger-happy (Vash), and another starting with careful shooter and chemical interest (Wolfwood, who smokes all the cigarrettes, unless I'm mis-remembering my cartoons...).

Harry_Dicks

At this point, I honestly think it's a bit odd how there isn't something like Prepare Carefully already in the base game.