[1.5] Rah's Bionics and Surgery Expansion - v3.3 (April 11th, 2024)

Started by Rah, December 27, 2016, 02:49:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rah

1.56 - EPOE Hardcore Version
* Corrected research placement paths (thanks to Mehni for pointing it out)
* Corrected small visual duplicate glitch with vanilla parts.
* Peg legs and dentures are now in light blue, same as simple parts.
* Slight increase to component cost for some advanced parts.

thanks to everyone for the feedback and bug reporting ! Enjoy !

Rah

Patches for Crystalloids and Orassans now available. (mediafire and steam workshop)

Rah

Thanks GiantSpaceHamster, glad you like it. With regards to the old wounds; it didn't seem very logical that pretty much everything could be fixed up and enhanced, except for some small scars and old wounds. It was also pretty annoying to have moody pawns in pain for the entire playthrough without being able to alleviate it. And finally, Glitterworld medicine is quite rare, unless you play with the rich explorer.

Canondeath

i really like where you are heading with the hardcore version! it was just way to tidious to get gold for vancidium and i would just completly avoid advanced bionics. i am pretty sure i am the only one, but some of the bionics and advanced bionics seem to cheap since you don't need to make a simple version of it, i mean stuff like spines, exosuits and organs.

thank you for making this great mod and for further developing it <3

And as a quick note:
The mod feels balanced enough to be put into the base game!
consider talking to tynan and try to be a part of the game forever.  ;D

Rah

Quote from: Canondeath on February 03, 2017, 05:20:52 AM
i really like where you are heading with the hardcore version! it was just way to tidious to get gold for vancidium and i would just completly avoid advanced bionics. i am pretty sure i am the only one, but some of the bionics and advanced bionics seem to cheap since you don't need to make a simple version of it, i mean stuff like spines, exosuits and organs.

And as a quick note:

Thanks Canondeath, appreciate that. I don't get requests very often to increase resource cost on items, so that's a new one ! I actually agree with you that some of the more advanced parts should get a slight cost increase, probably in components. Thanks for the feedback !

Mst

Quote from: Canondeath on February 03, 2017, 05:20:52 AM

And as a quick note:
Totally agree with you. Thanks Rah for your work!

Rah

* Slight increase to component cost for some advanced parts.

added to the 1.56 update. enjoy !

Cpl.Hicks

Hi.
A small request for the files to be translated in English. Example /lenguages/English/..files. I know that this will overwrite the same names but this will facilitate translation into other languages . (Not all are programmers) Such files were useful in "Hardcore Amors" as well.

Rah

Quote from: Cpl.Hicks on February 03, 2017, 10:41:38 AM
Hi.
A small request for the files to be translated in English. Example /lenguages/English/..files. I know that this will overwrite the same names but this will facilitate translation into other languages . (Not all are programmers) Such files were useful in "Hardcore Amors" as well.

If people want to translate the mod into other languages, I'd be happy to put language files in there. The translator would have to speak both languages quite well of course.

Canondeath

thanks for the increased cost and the quick update. i gonne test them in my next colonys/when i get to them( playing extreme hot/cold maps and die a lot lol) and tell you if it feels more balanced ;)

Rah

Quote from: Canondeath on February 03, 2017, 11:50:23 AM
thanks for the increased cost and the quick update. i gonne test them in my next colonys/when i get to them( playing extreme hot/cold maps and die a lot lol) and tell you if it feels more balanced ;)

Great, let me know how it goes ! Extreme difficulty is no joke, especially with Cassandra. She is just psychotic sometimes.

GideonHidolka

So I noticed that awhile back operations required perodyne instead of glitter world medicine and now they require health vials instead.

I believe both of those are from other mods I have installed. Would I be correct to assume that its taking the highest valued medicine from all available mods I have installed for operations?

No big deal, just want to confirm. Ill have to see which mod added health vials and how to acquire them in game.

Great mod by the way, thanks for creating it.

Rah

Quote from: GideonHidolka on February 03, 2017, 08:41:28 PM
So I noticed that awhile back operations required perodyne instead of glitter world medicine and now they require health vials instead.

I believe both of those are from other mods I have installed. Would I be correct to assume that its taking the highest valued medicine from all available mods I have installed for operations?

No big deal, just want to confirm. Ill have to see which mod added health vials and how to acquire them in game.

Great mod by the way, thanks for creating it.

Hi Gideon, that's almost correct. The pawns are not allowed to use herbals or normal medicine, so the highest one is picked, which is glitterworld medicine in vanilla. But they're not restricted from picking up other medicines from mods. What's the other medical mod you're using?

edit: I will release a small update with edited code for that one actually, so they specifically go for the Glitterworld medicine, and nothing else if you have other mods with medicine equivalents installed.
edit2: mod updated.

GideonHidolka

Oh that's awesome that you patched it thanks.

I have so many mods it took me a bit to find where the other medicines came from. Perodyne was from additional joy objects and health vials from half rim 2

In anycase I don't have to do anything on my end now, while I was not expecting a patch you have my thanks  :)

Cpl.Hicks

Quote from: Rah on February 03, 2017, 11:47:54 AM
Quote from: Cpl.Hicks on February 03, 2017, 10:41:38 AM
Hi.

If people want to translate the mod into other languages, I'd be happy to put language files in there. The translator would have to speak both languages quite well of course.
Two days ago I made a polish translation for EPOE by Ykara. I'd be happy to do translation  your version. Suits me more.